Fulham v Spurs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Aug 30, 2007.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

let's get it started. what's our lineup going to be? will we have any new faces in the lineup? I hope Hughes is ready to go. Can anyone confirm this? If so, here is my guess:

-------------Keller------------
    Baird--Hughes--Boca--Konchesky (the rock)
    Davies--Davis--Smertin--Dempsey
    -------Healy------Kamara---

Warner
    Volz
    Cook
    John
    (new signing maybe?)

2. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I agree with your lineup, dogg. But is Baird allowed to play after his red card?

Can Volz play on the wing? Forgive my ignorance.

I am expecting a 2 - 2 tie. Tottenham has some impressive attacking options when they are clicking. Berbatov alone is someone to stick to closely. But I think our boys will be feeling good about the win over Shrewsbury and will fight back to tie it up late in the second half.

Scoreline

Fulham - Healy (34'), Dempsey (82')

Tottenham - Berbatov (12' and 60'). Come on now, the guy has skill.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Fulham v Spurs

Baird's red was as a consequence of two yellow which warrants a one-match suspension. He served that match suspension in the Carling Cup on Turesday so he is allowed to play on Saturday.

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

From all the reports I've read, Hughes is still a week or two away from being match fit.

My lineup prediction:

Keller
    Volzy - Baird - Boca - Konchesky
    Davies - Davis - Smertin - Dempsey
    Healy - Kamara

I think LS will shift Kamara and Deuce throughout the match between striker and the midfielder just behind the strikers. Both are pretty versatile and it will be interesting to see how Fulham maintains possession in the midfield.

COYW's

5. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Re: RE: Fulham v Spurs

Thanks for the clarification, Tom. I wasn't sure if that was Prem games only, or could carry over cup matches as well.

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham v Spurs

i had forgotten about that and didn't know that rule either. Thanks Tom and thanks quickdraw for catching that. I'm sick that I still have not seen a Fulham match live this year. I did however get my DTV back so I'm stoked to finally watch some matches. Is this match being shown on FSC or Setanta? Also...does anyone know if DTV included Setanta in the Sports Pack, or is it still seperate? I think last year I had to pay like $12 for the sports pack and another $12 for Setanta...is that the same? Please someone w/ some info

7. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I am a JackAss...duh...it says right there on the homepage that it's on FSC. Ok...can someone answer my other questions though?

8. Team_of_McBrides

Yes, Setanta sports is still seperate from the Directv sports pack. The perk of having Setanta sports on Directv is that you also get Setanta Xtra which plays mathces that in the unfavored of the two choices by most publics. As in Fulham's case that has already happened once this season and they were bumped to Setanta Xtra.

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I'm concerned about this match since it will be tough no matter what happends. A win would be AWSOME, a loss would be expected and a draw is a point gained.

My line-up:

Volz - Boca - Baird - Konchesky

Dempsey - Davis - Smertin - Davies

Healy - Kamara

John
    Pearce
    Warner
    ??
    ??

I would much rather have Dempsey behind the strikers but its not going to happen yet.

Come on Fulham.

10. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I'll be back in my seat in Hammersmith End and enjoying a beer in the Golden Lion with a couple of yanks from Minnesota who I got tickets for. WooHoo.

11. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Oh man - my two teams going to battle! I am REALLY excited for this match. I will be happy no matter who wins, but Berbetov healthy is too much to handle.

12. Team_of_McBrides

Well Jensers... if the Spurs come out with three points, I have a feeling you will be the only one happy with that result on this site.

Mike, a great ambassador of Fulham once again. Hope you and the Minnesota folks have a great time.

13. fulhamfaninMS

fulhamfaninMS New Member

Any way we cut it.....we need a win. I'll take a win and all 3 points in any way i can get it....sloppy, bad refing, a bird flying out of the crowd and deflecting the ball into the spur net.....whatever......COYW'S......WE NEED A WIN!!!!

14. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Interview with Cook on the FFC site today says he's not fit yet, so you can eliminate him from any potential lineups and substitute lists. LS brought Pearce in as the first defender off the bench v. Villa so I think he'll get the start (as much as I would advocate against it):

Keller
    Baird--Pearce--Boca--Konchesky
    Davies--Davis--Smertin--Deuce
    Kamara--Healy

Subs:
    Warner
    Volzy
    John
    ???
    ??? (...maybe we're not as deep as I'd thought...)

15. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Hey Jensers, how's your squad looking this upcoming season? Hope you've got some solid returners.

Berbatov and Keane running rampant in the FA Cup last spring has got me less than optimistic about Sat. I do know that the Spurs will give us some good chances, just hope the fellas take them.

The next 36 hours is key for the psyche of the team. If there was a dust-up between LS and the board over Zat, there needs to be a quick reconciliation and a couple of signings is essential (there better be a CB!!)

16. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Well - it is the girls high school season right now - I am the girls coach as well. Not to be too down in the dumps but it is going to be a long season. The boys lost some key players, but still too early to tell how spring is going to shape up.

You are right - Fulham should have some chances. Playing at home should give them the boost they need - if - as you said - they can have some luck on their side.

17. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

At this point, I would actually advocate picking up Gooch - if only to have one more body to throw in there in case of injuries.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mikey, I would guess that if you're hosting visitors from MN, this match is a guaranteed draw, right?

Sorry, Spencer.

---------- Keller -------------------

Volzy -- Baird -- Boca -- Urban Spaceman [PK]

Davis -- Davies -- Smertin -- Deuce

------ Healy -- Kamara ---------

Subs: Warner, Omozusi, John, uh ... Haynes, uh, uh, Benedetto [if his arm is healed]
    I like 2-1. I think that Kamara gets his first league goal, and either Healy or Deuce gets the other.

I'll be watching TV and in the chatroom for the first half, but will probably be drawn away for the 2nd for some songwriting duties.

COYW!!!

19. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

3-2 to Fulham

Goals - Healy (4') and (30')
    Davis (62')

20. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I think we'll play well, but lose... maybe draw. A draw would be fantastic actually.