Fulham v Southampton

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Dec 24, 2012.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Rather than state the obvious need for a win, the need to play with pride and purpose, its time to attempt to awaken the ghost of recent Boxing Day Past. Two short years ago Mark Hughes was the manager, the mood and play surrounding the club was eerily the same as it is now. The squad limped into Stoke with little hope and something happened....BAIRDINHO to the rescue. Time for some Northern Iron to lead the way, 2-1 Mighty Whites :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

And NO, I wasn't drinking spiked egg nog this morning.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Thanks for reminding of that game Joe. Yes, there is a Santa Claus and his name is Bairdinho. Hopefully he visits us on boxing day. COYW

3. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Santa needs to put a healthy Bryan Ruiz back into some FFC stockings because the Fulham offense has become Grinchesque since his injury leave.

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Dear Mr. Jol,

After your interview you expressed how it was a new thing to be losing. I get it, and to quote a dear friend of my, "Frankly" I don't like it either. We DO have a team in transition, but we have good players on the pitch and on the bench. What we need is a direction. We need to know IF are we playing run and gun, counter, or turtle up. I think we have the base at the back, midfield and up front for a counter offense. Keep Berbatov as a hanger up front so he can run less (its suits him) and run the bejesus out of Bairdino/Sitters and gobble up balls to pass forward. Yes, you and I agree Ruiz is a great players, but yet again he is injured. No fault of his own, but let's stop blaming the South American countries/physios and whatever else. It's Fulham and we have been know for certain players (Saha, AJ, BZ, Jensen(old school), etc.) that are good for spurts. Splash a bit of cash and grab a Championship midfielder who can bark out orders. <insert your Fulham CMF here> that was great, we need another of him.

Stay positive as you said, but don't ever make us play like you did at Loftus Road. We have the tools. YOU need to make them believe in you. If there is such a REAL thing as "ambition" then it should bleed Jol. Or Jol should be out.

5. Buckeyes_FFC

Buckeyes_FFC New Member

Does anyone know if this game can be viewed online anywhere? I'm stuck at work and want to watch!

6. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

7. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

Another fairly unimpressive performance. I can't be too critical of the missed Berba header, cause that's a pretty tough deal. A pro striker though - probably ought to have finished that.

Rickie Lambert is a good player.

Dejagah may have some raw talent - but he's more a liability at this point. Not impressed. We still lack talent in the middle as well. Sigh.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I was right about something; I just knew Bairdinho would have a hand in the outcome. :text-happynewyear:

9. tim

tim Active Member

Two things became apparent while watching this match:

1) We may well find ourselves in a relegation battle this season.

and

2) We deserve it.

10. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I loved Berbatov's undershirt.

[​IMG]

11. Salz

Salz New Member

That sucked. We really needed 3 points today. I don't see us getting a win until Ruiz comes back and we get some fresh faces here. Swansea is going to be very difficult on Saturday. :oops:

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

SoCalJoe from WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Downtown!