Fulham v Sheffield Wednesday

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Aug 18, 2017.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Even in the opening moments of a marathon you don't want to trip and see the lead pack get ahead, so it'd be nice to put 3 points into the left side of the ledger at home. That said it's important to make sure TC is fully fit before rushing him back in. Wednesday (4th place last season) are off to a similar start w/a 0-1 loss and two 1-1 draws. I'm thinking we'll nick it 2-1 COYW!!

nevzter and encorespanish like this.
  2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Points are needed (hopefully 3). The Harkes' mullet in this video is brilliant.

3. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Piazon obviously out, but so are Madl and Ayite, supposedly. Not so sure about those last two. With all the new faces, they may be "surplus to requirements," as the Brit journos like to say. And Cairney's still out, with no update on his condition. I don't know much about how Wednesday is doing so far, or about their personnel changes since last season. I just know we need to start winning matches. And they ain't Real Madrid.

4. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Forestieri is being a twit again like last season, but this time instead of refusing to play he's apparently getting into fights with teammates during practice. He's said he's sorry, but we'll have to wait and see if he starts. They've got a pretty similar team to last year with a number of familiar names like Rhodes, Pudil, Winnall (who had the fight with Forestieri), Hooper, Bannan, Westwood. Same manager too. Not much that has changed from the team we drew 1-1 with at home and then beat 2-1 in the last regular match of the season.

(P.S. In case you were wondering @jumpkutz I merged your thread with this one)

5. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Starting XI

Button
    Fredericks, Kalas, Ream, Odoi
    Johansen, McDonald
    Aluko, Cairney, Sessegnon
    Fonte

I'm VERY excited about this lineup! Cairney and Kalas are back. Sessegnon has pushed up. Although we no longer have Malone, I'm hopeful Odoi can play a similar role behind Sess. And we get to see how Fonte performs - hopefully he'll put a couple crosses into the net.

COYW!!!

I forgot the subs: Bettinelli (glad he's back), Djalo, Ojo, Kebano, Norwood, Kamara, Cisse

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I agree Micah. This IS the lineup. They need to do the business today, or it could be a less than fulfilling season. I love Betts, but Button has been very good, really, I'm OK with either of them right now. Fingers crossed, this side gets it done today in a big way.

7. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

Anyone pay to watch this game? I paid but can't find the stream anywhere. And the support is unresponsive. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

From reading the match report, you didn't miss much CC. However, that sucks that you paid and were unable to watch it.

9. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

10. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Thank you Sheffield Wednesday for making 10 minutes of highlights publicly available on your YouTube channel: