Fulham v. QPR

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Nov 18, 2019.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Friday afternoon match that'll be covered on ESPN+. I hope to be watching. It could feature USAMNT's former defensive stalwart against USAMNT's current defensive stalwart.

We'll be without Mitro, so it could be time for Knockhart to cause some problems.

2. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

At this point in the season, Fulham has played all but one team in the bottom half of the table (Derby, who follow QPR). There are still six teams in the top half of the table waiting to face Fulham. My great fear is that Fulham's schedule has allowed them to appear better than what they actually are. Fulham is still waiting for a win against a top half team and finding that first victory will be even harder with Fulham playing 7 matches over 30 days.

If Fulham doesn't step up and get points against top ranked teams in November and December they will find themselves further behind than Fulham of 2017-18. That would mean that automatic promotion would likely be out of reach and securing a playoff spot would require a better second half than first half of the season.

I've got a very negative outlook for Fulham over the next few weeks. I hope Parker surprises me and gets this team operating at its full potential.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  3. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Tim Ream going the full 90 in the humidity against Cuba probably means he won't start on Friday.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

yeah, kind of surprised me, that

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I don’t know much about the ‘Ha’s, other than the obvious. They’re just a few spots below us in the table. Doesn’t really matter. We’ve got to start winning regularly, and soon, or we’ll be spending another season in tier 2.

encorespanish likes this.
  6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Head says 1-1 draw. Heart says 2-1. As the great Arcticbob would so eloquently say in the chat room ‘Kill, Kill, Kill!!!!!!’

7. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Kamara over Decordova-Reid, Ream on short rest, and a Neeskens sighting on the bench.

8. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Early thought on this match...

I think Fulham spend way too much time in practice without goals.

SoCalJoe and nevzter like this.
  9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Holy Aboubakar!!!

stlouisbrad and SoCalJoe like this.
  10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The second half was the first time in a long time that I actually enjoyed watching Fulham play.

The first half? Odoi and the 10 dwarves, mostly.

Still, we hit the post a few times and AK-47 took his goals calmly and efficiently. For the moment, at least, we're in 4th.

sacffc, BarryWhite, MicahMan and 2 others like this.
  11. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Broke down and got Espn+, and fortunately (from the sounds of it) missed the first 25 minutes. Great fight from the lads, thought Ream was immense, the Captain was terrific, and Reid off the bench was great. Thought it might end up 2-2 after Knockaert went off the post, but total team effort kept us in control.

How do you spell redemption??

K A M A R A

stlouisbrad likes this.
  12. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

A HUGE three points! Not pretty, but got the job done today. Lot’s of lunch pail jobs done today by enough guys in white. Hopefully the start of a good run. Got a quick turnaround for a Tuesday night home match against Derby Co. before finishing November at Swans. Then comes the murderous December sked with Boxing Day, etc.

stlouisbrad likes this.
  13. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I still don't know how Fulham didn't put in a 3rd goal. Ream was terrific in the 2nd half, but so was the rest of the defense. Terrific win all things considered.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  14. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Short highlights:

I put myself in isolation yesterday and watched the replay on FFCTV this morning without knowing the result. The first 20 minutes were a horror. Terrible play from Fulham all around. I considered abandoning the full 90 and just watching the highlights since it felt like nothing good was going to happen. I'm glad I stuck it out to the end.

Agree that Odoi was the best player in the first half. His cross (plus the dribbling leading up to it) was absolutely perfect followed by a perfect header from Kamara.

Back during the Kamara/Mitovic penalty-take debacle, followed by the weight room fight debacle, followed by the punching the Fulham employee debacle, I really never wanted to see Kamara in a Fulham kit again and I was shocked when he was allowed back from his loan. Although he disgusted me during that spell, I do like the way he plays. He is probably the most threatening attacking player that Fulham has. He may not be able to finish as consistently as Mitrovic but he is always charging dangerously into the box - yet somehow also managing to get back regularly on defense. Despite my prior feelings about him, I was really happy to see him shine tonight. I worry about it going to his head, but for now, well done Aboubakar Kamara.

Odoi to Kamara, then Johansen to Kamara? It felt like we'd traveled back in time to 2017!

Getting those three points was what Fulham needed to do. But now they need to keep doing it over a brutal December schedule.

nevzter and HatterDon like this.
  15. sacffc

sacffc Well-Known Member

The table sure looks good this morning.

SoCalJoe and astroevan like this.