Fulham v. Man U [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Dec 17, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Let's get it started. It's a Saturday kickoff at 10 Eastern, 9 Central. I'm sure SOMEBODY has it on telly, and I have no church conflicts. Soooooooo, Fancy the Lion & Rose, Matt?

About the match, United's difficulties continue in defense. It looking like Carrick and a youth team player will be the central defenders, and none of United's three goalkeepers is demonstrating any reasonalble form. AND WE GOT BOBBY ZAMORA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We kicked their asses last year when they had better players available. So, what do we all think?

COYW!

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I think the game is on live on Setanta.

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

We're in good form, Dempsey and Duff are rested, and we have Danny back. Win for the Whites!

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Don- sure, no problem. We've got a good streak we'll be putting on the line.

I'll go with the 1-2 loss for a prediction, obviously hoping for better. We did well with them at the Cottage following a dominant Utd performance last year. Hopefully that'll carry over after their 3-0 defeat of Wolves.

Would it be too much to ask to see Rooney implode again?

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

From you lips to God's ears, Ag --it's never out of the realm of possibility.

I think this is great chance for us. MU is minus their entire staarting back 4, and their midfield isn't what it has been. We have the big Mo, I'll take our chances this weekend.

Let SAF find something to whine about -- he's happy when he's whining.

6. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

With a little luck, aka last year's match, this is a victory.

Without any luck, a draw would be fantastic as I fear for what Rooney can accomplish on his own.

COYW!

7. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

A Draw.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I know one thing for sure...our crowd will show the boys the appreciation we are all feeling about what a magical season its' been so far.

9. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

2-1 to the good guys. Bobby and Dempsey

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I see at least one goal for the Ws. How we make that goal hold up is the question. I think we can do it for at least a point, and a good chance at more.

11. sullytex

sullytex Member

Cold and snowy over here. Woke up this morning with about 6 inches on my car. Might be a small chance of a postponement if it freezes over night. Chance of rain/snow, but I don't think it will be a hard freeze. Should be ok. Looks like I will be freezing my nu....well you get the picture. Can't be colder than Basel but I will take the same result!

Still have an extra ticket if anyone wants to jump on a flight this afternoon.

I am calling for an entertaining match that ends in a 1 all draw.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

let's hope we learned our lesson about undersoil pitch heating from last season. That's all we need is more matches postponed.

13. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I’d be delighted with a draw as the second half of the season sees us travel to EACH of the big four.

I really can't stress that last point enough, and I don't know why no one has mentioned it anywhere.

14. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

Note to St. Louisans...I'll be watching the match with a friend at the Amsterdam Tavern. I'll be the fat guy with the Fulham scarf on...maybe a couple of kids in tow. I might not get there until late in the first half, though.

Brad, if you're there, say "hi" so I can finally meet someone from this board.

15. sfm

sfm Member

I will be at the Bedford Arms (204 Dawes Road) from about half one and briefly post match tomorrow if it all goes to plan; at the airport now and hoping for a draw.

16. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

17. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I was going to go to Tigin, but I'll make the journey across tower grove park and go to Amsterdam.

18. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

ArticBob and I will be at Woody's in Cary, NC. Come one, come all...Let's kick those 'devils in the #@#!%#! COYW

19. jmh

jmh New Member

Injury update: Johnson, Kamara, Davies still out, Seol newly injured playing for the reserves. Roy hopes to have AJ, Joe and Seol back training with the first team next week.

20. sullytex

sullytex Member

Blue sky day. Should be ok for the game. No snow last night or rain.

I hope this is the case cause I am on the train!