Fulham v Man U (again)

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by TheOldBugger, Mar 17, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

don't forget that post-match pint for your stranded Yank friends!

2. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

If I could play in the Boston Ski & Sports Club Div. III co-ed soccer league finals with food poisoning, Clint should be able to get up for Man U! I'm sure matching up against random striker on Muddy FC is no different than going head to head with Cristiano Ronaldo. :wink: Maybe "Deuce" will poop on Ronaldo's boots!

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

"Deuce" will poop on Ronaldo's boots -- clever, I had to read that one twice!

Here's a reverse jinx for Man Yoo -- three- nil to them.

COME ON FULHAM!!!

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Clint has recovered enough to start. Same again for Roy. Here's today's lineups:

FULHAM v MANCHESTER UNITED LINE-UPS
    Fulham: Schwarzer, Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky, Dempsey, Murphy, Etuhu, Davies, Johnson, Zamora.
    Subs: Zuberbuhler, Nevland, Gera, Kamara, Dacourt, Stoor, Kallio.
    Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Scholes, Park, Giggs, Berbatov.
    Subs: Foster, Neville, Anderson, Rooney, Carrick, Fabio Da Silva, Tevez.

SEE YOU IN THE CHATROOM! COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. LOBO

LOBO New Member

UNFREAKIN" BELEIVABLE!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

7. tim

tim Active Member

I'm at a loss for words...so I will simply repeat the scoreline in an effort to convince myself that what I just saw actually happened

Fulham 2 - Manchester United 0

Once again...

Fulham 2 - Manchester United 0!!!!!!

8. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Great win. Don, that would have been a great one to be at the pub for, who knew?

Really looking forward to the reports from Mike, Corky and the boys who were there. You've gotta love it for the fans at the Cottage, especially those long timers who have been attending Fulham v ManU matches and for the first time in 4 decades got to walk out the winner.

9. articbob

articbob Member

Beutiful. Take that your AIG sponsored pieces of Manure. Sorry I just have to put that in there after this week. Great win, it's nice to see Gera actually score. And with Everton losing today, we still have a shot at a Uefa spot. COYW!!! let's get 50 points.

10. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

Now I understand this "Fulhamish" concept you guys keep talking about.

I watched the second half at a soccer pub here in STL, and it was frickin fantastic!! Its only a little after noon, but no matter what else happens in the next 12 hours, this has been a GREAT day!

11. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

WAY TO GO BOYS!!!!

I was too nervous to chat & watch at the same time, especially after Murphy's goal. Gera's goal was absolutely beautiful! Its party time in our house hold tonight!

Even my baby, who is due in less than 6 weeks, celebrated. She must have reacted to my wife's celebration cause she started kicking hard as the final whistle blew.

What a victory! Plus this puts us on that magic number of 40. Two weeks off for some of our guys to recharge their batteries before the final push towards May.

COYW!

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

YIPEEEEE!!!!!!

13. FulhamWisconsin

FulhamWisconsin New Member

I think this is called "elation"... Fulham in Europe?

14. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

HOLY SCHNIKEY!!!
    I don't think I could put enough bananas to express how I feel.
    :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
    Hey, all you team "IOU" fans, you lost to Little Flip'n FULHAM!!!! :3d laughing: :3d funny: :wow:

15. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

And Chelskum lose to Twatingham Spurts

Auspicious start to the day.. Come on you Crew, gimme MASSIVE trifecta!

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Only saw the last 25 minutes of the first half on stream, but had GJ and the chatroom folks to help guide me. What I loved was that once we scored, we went for their throat. Van Der Sar was brilliant in the first half or it could have been 4-0 at the interval with Zamora getting 2. [Nice to see him getting a standing O when he was subbed].

Murphy and Etuhu were large, Hangeland and Hughes were solid, Paintsil had a great game -- especially considering everyone fell like they'd been shot whenever he came around trying to get him sent off. And our magnificent Aussie was ... well ... magnificent!

So, after full books, 3/ of 6 points off Manure, 4 of 6 points off Arsenal, and 0 of 6 from Blackburn and Hull. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Fulhamish!

Somebody please post a link to Gera's goal!

17. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

I was coming home from a volunteer event when I called one of my English mates, not very hopeful. When he told me the result(he actually had to say it twice for it to register in my brain) I screamed so loud the lady in the car beside me looked at me like I was a lunatic. YEA...A LUNATIC FOR FULHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The undead losing is a bonus and, for me and Steve, the triple would be the 'Canes beating the Crapitals tonight. woooohooooo!

18. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Oh to be at the Golden Lion! Please y'all, a full report on not just the game but also the aftermath. Thanks in advance.....

19. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Highlights
    - Courtesy 'the Don' on the offal

20. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Great call Omsdogg!!

O MY GOSH!!!! When Gera's goal went in I screamed so loud I scared my wife and son!!!

I left the chat room because I was so nervous I felt I was bad luck, and indeed both goals went in during my absence -- so Terri, you now have superstitious company for staying away from the chat room.

WE -- ARE -- STAYING UP!!
    WE ARE STAYING UP!!!

Gentlemen, thank you! Gera, as great as the goal was, you are a poor gymnast. Scholes, I love you, but PBFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT!!!! Rooney, you are a horses ass!! Watching your temper tantrum was one of the funniest things of the season!!

What a weekend!! Between SSFC slicing and dicing RBNY and this, I don't think Central America has enough :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: to express how I feel . CFF, let's go Canes!! But truth be told, my weekend has been made sevenfold so far!!!