Fulham v. Liverpool [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 2, 2007.

1. psand22

psand22 Member

Last home match and we need a win....it's been way too long, since we got the 3 pts. It'll be another titanic struggle, but I think we'll be ready to play a solid 90. I'm going along with the crowd for the 2-1 victory. It's time for another late strike.

Niemi
    Liam - Zat - Christ - Boca
    Diop
    Brown - Davies
    Dempsey
    McBride - Montella

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I've been putting off thinking about it the best I can all week, but the time has now come.

One minute I feel optimistic the next I'm pessimistic. I've got a lot of what if's running through my head. What if we win? What if we don't? What if Charlton, Wigan,and West Ham all win :shock:

The Fulham game will shown at one end of the pub and the West Ham game at the other, I may be running back and forth between the two, particularly if things aren't going so swell on our front.

Come on Bolton
    Come on Boro
    Come on Tottenham

And most of all COME ON FULHAM

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, in an effort to work some reverse "IT'S BEEN THREE FREAKING MONTHS SINCE A WIN" mojo, I haven't used this thread to project a lineup or a result as I have for all the others.

Similarly, I have abandoned any of my Fulham-related stuff for a Real Madrid home jersey I haven't worn in a couple of years. HatterMom who is too nervous to be in the same room as me and GJ and the chatroom will be wearing her Bocanegra away jersey, and I'll try to cross my toes.

We're down to the short strokes. 52 minutes to kickoff. If I were walking through the park on my way to the Cottage, I'd be hoarse already.

Let's get 'em, FULHAM!

4. mar5379

mar5379 New Member

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: game online

t-shirt and underwear for now. think that will provide the necessary mojo?

6. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

VICTORY!!!!

1-0! From Dempsey!

Diop with a late red (and a lot of late tackles by him), Montella being unlucky, Radzinski showing actual speed, and the defense not being putrid!

WHOOOOOOOO! COYW! ALMOST SAFE!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

According to VB's math, we should be fine. Of course, I don't think VB is a math major.

Can we start the friggin' Texan against 'boro now?

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Great, great win!! To state the obvious, we really, really needed that. Many have been calling for Dempsey to get his chance and he surely made the most of it. Credit to Clint for keeping himself mentally prepared and ready for this big moment.

Now, all Fulham needs is a Tottenham win over Charlton and they are safe. I think that is a real possibility on Monday. Thus, leaving next weekend's match at Middlesbrough meaningless.

I do want to make a quite note on Michael Brown. He should be suspended for many games and fined a lot of money for the crap he pulled in headbutting Xabi Alonso in the first half. The ref did NOT see the play, but I am sure the FA will and they will come down hard on Brown and deservedly so. I know he is a hard-nosed player, but headbutting opponents is completely uncalled for.

Anyways, great win for Fulham!!! I could not be happier. I had a bit of a tear in my eye when Dempsey scored!! It is a great day to be a FulhAmerican!!!

9. ob

ob New Member

I've got a lump in my throat. What a win!

10. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Great win! Go Spurs! What if anything will happen to Brown for the headbutt and if Charlton win what will Papa's red going to do?

11. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Clint Dempsey, what a legend!

COYW, we're surely safe now!!

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

C'mon AV! C'mon Spuds!

Warnock really rubs me the wrong way. Hate for his team to end up higher than ours.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Wigan are gone; I'll miss them and their fans "Who need Muhrinio; we've got Paul Jewell-i-o." Charlton are as good as gone. Not only do they have to win their last two games, they've got to do it by 6 goals to go ahead of us. [Of course, PCB, they could catch Sheffield U. :twisted: ]

My only sorrow is that the Spammers live to fight again.

14. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Holy smokes! I go have a shower and this is what I miss?!? Good for Fulham - good for Dempsey.

Now what do you have to say for Tottenham? YID ARMY!!

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Ahhh...I feel much better and much more relaxed now. I'm with Don, my only grief for today is Wet Spam won their game.

I doubt we'll see Brown for next game, which I think will be a good thing...he looked very tired in today's game and made some poor descisions. Diop will be missed. It'll be interesting to see who lines-up for the game against M'bro. Hopefully, we won't need anything for that game! But I still believe Fulham can win there.

16. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

Holy Crap! Every time I resign myself to not seeing a big game, and not waking up at an ungodly hour to join the chat, we pull off a HUGE win!

And Dempsey, too. About time, kiddo. Thanks for pulling it out when it counts.

At this rate, I'm seriously going to have to consider banning myself to keep up the good mojo. That both sucks and blows, but I'm so happy with the win that it's worth it.

Congratulations Fulham! COYW!!

17. Jacob

Jacob New Member

He is my most hated manager. He spews vile during his media talks and he looks something akin the "the Penguin" from Batman.

18. jmh

jmh New Member

*whew*

As Heather said, it's fortunate that we might not need anything from 'Boro next weekend. Diop out, Brown probably out, McBride looked gassed all game.

And... CLINT! :D

19. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

20. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

He is the pompous, pointy nosed, grinning face of football spewing evil.

Fair to say, I agree with your description.