Fulham v. Liverpool [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 2, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

or, as an alternate title, DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE!

It's Thursday morning -- across the pond -- let's get it started!

The Scouscers put in a full 120 + penalties against The Undead on Tuesday, and are booked through to the final on May 23. I look for some of their regulars to get a rest.

Meanwhile, down in SW6, it's time for put up or shut up! Don't worry about lawsuits or conspiracy theories or divine retribution. :twisted:

Lineups and prognostications, ladies and gentlemen, please!

2. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Niemi

Rosenior Boca Christanval QQQ(?)

Diop Brown Davies

Demps

Helguson Montella

-----------------

We seem to give 120% near the ends of the game. I think we need to save Mcbride for that time. So switch Helg for mcbride at halftime.

Then as the game geats near the 60th take out montella for jensen. Place Jensen in Demps spot and move demps to attack with mcbride.

LETS GO FULHAM!

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

As a friend said, "if [we] can't beat 'pools second team, perhaps we deserve to go down."

I reserve the right to agree or disagree with that comment based on how we do, but there is some truth in that opinion.

4. floridag

floridag New Member

niemi
    rosenior knight boca voltz
    diop or brown
    demps davies
    helguson montella mcbride

bench lats/diop/rout/rad/john

hey i say go for it 4-3-3
    theres no point hanging about we cant wait until boro next week
    a quick goal will put them on the back feet
    we need a physical team out there (ironically sanchez is in charge
    wimbledon and all that)
    weve got to to go in hard on everything because they wont be risking it
    as they dont wanna be injured for the final
    there might be some heavy legs out there but i dont think will see stevie g
    carragher/kuyt but might see kewell back
    so ill take a 1-0 win
    and cheating (fans favourite) hammers to go down
    please please please

5. RDG

RDG Member

Prediction: I will get very drunk . . . oh, um, er, you mean predictions about the match. Oooooh.

Well, I don't care who they put out there, Liverpool will not be rolling over for 'lil old us. I still have nightmares about the 4-2 tale of two halves match. I think I've got the victory at Anfield* somewhere on tape and shall re-watch that for inspiration.

Who of our defenders is at least 90% fit? Knight? Pearce?? Rosenior? Christenval (whom I like, but did not look so hot against Arse; he looked like me defending that second goal) ?

What about Montella and/or John? I'd love for the Little Aeroplane to start, rather than have Radz in there.

As for the midfield, Papa has actually started playing the way he should. I don't know if he's finally healing from injuries he's picked up while playing for Senegal, but he's shown glimpses of his former self.

I was pessimistic about the Arsenal match, and yet, after the game was level, I truly, truly thought Fulham was going to get a point on Sunday. Ah, well.

* Ooops! I meant Loftus Road -- the match on 23 Nov 2002.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

meanwhile, back in fitba-land ... BUMP!

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I few verbal ramblings on what needs to take place on Sat....

-Where there is trepidation there must be determination.
    -Where there is fear and despair there must be courage and hope.
    -Where there is anger there must be a steely resolve.

Let whomever steps on that pitch in FFC colors know that they only have to be the better team on Saturday. Let the 12th man sing and raise the level of play. Let the Whites and their fans turn the Cottage into a fortress again and play their best game of the season. Let's get the 3 pts. dammit!!

Since I don't have Setanta I'm already planning on getting up at 4:30 and dragging a buddy the hour + drive to Studio City to see this, hope I won't be in a sea of red.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If you are, SCJ, toast their mighty victory over the Undead; wish them the best against AC Criminal; and then try to cheer louder than the lot!

GET SOME!

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

for some odd reason, i am quite optimistic about this match. we may get shelled, but i hope its a good game so i will want to go to the pub on saturday night and watch the rerun.

perhaps i am sick of all the dread about relelgation. if it happens, it happens. if not, it probably will next year (unless some really drastic things occur from the top). i am not trying to be negative or fatalistic but as objective as possible. i still plan on going to a home and away match this winter, premiership or not.

as i wrote before the blackburn draw (or was it reading?): fulham - just make us proud. at this point its all we can ask for.

10. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

We will win 3-1. Montella, McBride and Brown - after going a goal down early. Thankyou very much for the 3 points scousers.

--------------N----------------
    Volz---'Val-----Boca----QQQ
    Dem---Brown---Diop---Davies
    ----McBride-----Montella-----

Subs:
    Jan
    Knight
    Radz
    Liam
    John
    COYW

11. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

I posted my lineup on the offal already, but here's what I had:

Niemi
    Volz Christanval Bocanegra Rosenior
    Davies Brown Diop Routledge
    Dempsey
    Montella

I did a bit of statistical analysis on why Bocanegra should start over Knight at CB (though Pearce/Bocanegra would be my first choice). Rosenior moves over to LB assuming Queudrue is still out, and Volz filling in at RB. Midfield is mostly the same as last Sunday, with Routledge for Radz, since I think he's the better crosser. Dempsey earned a start and opens in place of Jensen, and either Montella or McBride up front.

12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

In light of others around here conjuring good juju (and in RDG's case, G. Best) I submit my XI (picked without rhyme and little reason):

Petyton, Haynes, Cohen, Mullery, Moore, Marsh, Parker, Houghton, Gale, Best, Coleman

I smell 3 points at the Cottage due to the Reds' CL hangover.

13. RDG

RDG Member

Good 'un!
    :3d laughing:

After watching the Nov 2002 3-2 victory over Liverpool at Loftus Rd., here's the team (and where are they now?):

Van de Sar
    Finnan Knight Goma Brevett
    Goldbaek Djetou Davis Malbranque
    Sava Marlet

After watching it, I have more confidence. We just have to keep our composure, the ref can't make bad calls (Goma got a poor decision for a second yellow), and not be afraid to take shots (Davis had several long shots on or close to goal -- if someone like Papa can do that, we'll be ok). Those guys stepped up, after having a spell of seven weeks (correct me if I'm wrong) without a win. Let's do it again.

14. K.Snyder

K.Snyder New Member

Is Setanta Broadband going to show the game?

Doesn't Setanta Broadband show the same games as the Setanta TV subscription?

15. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Fulham v. Liverpool [R]

no, sentanta broadband doesnt show much live premiership matches (or anything good of that matter)

but i did find out on eplleague.blogspot.com (an excellent website btw) that epltalk.com will be hosting a chat about the match. although i plan on being at this chatroom, we should check out the one on epltalk and represent fulham.

coyw!!

16. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

The Cottage will be rockin' for this one. Joining me will be 5 other yanks as well as the usual local suspects and we plan on making a load of noise for the boys.

Liverpool seems to be putting out the second team but it will take alot of effort to even beat them.

The match, and our premiership status, is there for the taking and I say we got for it first and foremost, right from the beginning.

-------------Niemi----------------

Liam -- Boca -- Christenval -- 3U's

------------Bouba-----------------

Brown------------------Davies

------------Dempsey-------------

----McBride----------Montella

Bench:
    Helguson
    Jan
    Brown
    Radz

Except for Dempsey, our midfield is slow with my line up but it will be effective and a bit more defensive minded. In all honesty, I want Radz in there but I just can't fit him.

No prediction from me...ok, if you twist my arm.

2-1 Fulham wins.

17. DCDave

DCDave Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham v. Liverpool [R]

I will be in the chatroom and I hope we'll have a big crowd for the big game. Don, I'm hoping you'll be there (as usual). I have Setanta at home so I'll have it on TV and can help relay news to chatters without TV.

I'm pushing the mojo envelope. All day today, I've been wearing my Fulham USA shirt. I will be wearing my black dabs.com kit tomorrow. It is my least favorite of my kits but we seem to play well when I wear it, and we need everything we can get tomorrow.

GO FULHAM!!!!!

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll be there, Dave, listening to GJ.

Come on You Super Whites!

19. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

I'm with Mike on the line up and score. (I've finally seen enough games to have an opinion). For good measure and in honor of our Italian-American striker pairing, last night I gave the malochio and devil horns (Italian curses) to the Phoenix Landing - Liverpool's Boston bar. Every little thing helps, right?

20. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

It's time for the Fulham defense to pretend they are Italian national team members and close Liverpool down in a dominating fashion. I worry about the defense for a must-win game here.

That said, it's time for Fulham to play with a hell of a lot of urgency and passion. Anything less could literally spell relegation, and I want to see that above all else - regardless of the result. Well, OK, I want to see win, of course; but you know what I mean.