Fulham v. Leicester City [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Aug 24, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Fulham's first cup match of the season is on Wednesday at 2 pm cental against the Foxes of Leicester City. We had a hell of a cup tie against them two years ago, and hope to win again this time out. I'm not sure what Roy's attitude is towards this competition, but I'm looking for us to do well. It is our best chance to get into Europe. Look for Roy to rest Seol and Murphy and Kallio -- who were seriously shattered after an hour on Saturday -- and give an extended look to Andranik and Dempsey.

Completely in the dark here, I'm looking for us to field the following side against the newly relegated League 1 Foxes:

------------------------- Stockdale -------------------------

Volz ----------- Baird ---------- Hangeland -------- Konch

Dempsey ------ Andranik ----- Andreassen ---- Gera

------------- Zamora ----- Nevland ----------------------

Konch gets off the shit list. The central midfield gets a bit nastier. Gera and Zamora need more playing time to get fit. Nevland gets a goal or two.

question for Mikey: Is GJ going to broadcast this one?

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Isn't Volz gone?

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

still on the team's official roster on the official site.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Last I heard Fulham accepted a bid, but personal terms were still being worked it. Could it be possible that Volz is simply saying "no" to the deal?

And I like your lineup Don considering we don't play for another month, but personally I want to see some fringe players starting to determine whether they stay or go (let's not forget, the deadline is next week).

Stockdale
    Stoor/Volz(if still here)--Leijer--Baird--PK
    Dempsey--Smertin--Andraesen--Andranik
    Nevland--Zamora

And bring in little guys like Milsom, Brown, Zakuani et all as subs

5. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

The Arsenal recap on the offal said that Konchesky was injured, which explains why he was missing. So we'll probably see either Kallio or Milsom at LB. The latter usually plays in the midfield, so he might end up taking Gera's normal spot instead.

6. dallasbill

dallasbill Member

I like it Don. I'm not sure what we've got yet with Andreasen so I'd like to see more of him for sure. My first time to see Andranik and I hope I've not seen what he's got from his time on the pitch Saturday. Not impressive at all! Also the first time I've really watched Zamora and Pantsil but I like it. Both very competetive. Finally, I watched and listened to a lot of Murphy this and that last year and thought, "is everyone watching the same game I am?" But Saturday he was impressive. Not as slick as Demp or as quick as Davies or as accurate as Bulldog but his intensity has gone to another level. Possibly still a little blood, sweat, tears and magic left on that armband from the previous caretaker? Hmmmmm.....

7. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

Is this at Walkers or Craven Cottage?

8. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

craven cottage

9. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I am hoping the match will be televised on Setanta Xtra. I looked a few days ago and the website stated that Fulham would be playing against West Ham on Wednesday 8/27 at 10:00AM. That obviously won't be happening, but it could be a misprint of the Leicester match???

Like your lineup as well Don. Might opt for Leijer for Hangeland though. More experience the better for the younger players.

Did anyone else about have a heart attack when they saw Baird come on in the late stages of the Arsenal match? I was having flashbacks to him getting torched by Petrov of Man City...

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

And last year's Villa gamne, and Portsmouth, Etc. Etc.

EVERYONE else had a heart attack. Suffice to say the chatroom was not pleased.

Again, I have to give it to him -- what little he had to do he did pretty well.

12. Team_of_McBrides

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

While I would love to see him play finally, I don't think it would be wise risking him in a Carling Cup match.

Btw, what's the bonus of wining the Carling Cup?

14. Team_of_McBrides

Jelly of the Month Club membership?

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

1. UEFA Cup place -- please note that Tottenham Hotspur is competing even after stinking up the league last season because they won. Winning this cup sure beats hoping Man City gets another red card on the last weekend so we can get the "fair play" slot.

2. Winning something -- FFC has won nothing [although it was co-winner of the Intertoto Cup, which is like winning an Olympic trial]. Despite being the oldest club in London, Fulham has won 0 League Championships, 0 FA Cups, 0 League Cups. I'd like that to change before you get as old as me!

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hmm...an Uefa spot huh? I guess that's a good enough reason. However, I still don't see the need to use him or a lot of the other regulars in the early rounds.

17. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

I only hope Roy comes to his senses and finally pairs Zamora and McCain up front. McCain was a POW, you know. :wink: :lol:

Sorry, Don, I couldn't resist. :lol:

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

19. Team_of_McBrides

DCHeather with the.... BURN

20. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Since Fulham is the only team in the league with the weekend off, what will Woy do during the unscheduled downtime?