Fulham v. Everton Match Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MisterF, Oct 19, 2011.

1. MisterF

MisterF New Member

[​IMG] v. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Figured I'd start this one since I'll be there!!! :mrgreen:

Leaving bright and early at 6:30 am tomorrow morning. Taking a tour of Craven Cottage on Friday and then will be at the match on Sunday! I'll be about 5 rows off the field in the Riverside stand next to the Everton bench. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures!

Anyway, after a poor performance against Stoke, I gotta think they bounce back and get a win.

3-1 Fulham

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I did the Friday tour and then a seat in the Riverside also, Mr. F. Amazing day; don't forget to cross the Putney Bridge and meet up with the Fulham faithful at The Bricklayers Arms after the match.

3-1 sounds good. We're going to win our next two leage matches. You heard it here first.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Don, I am going to blame you if we lose our next two. :twisted:

I hope we beat Everton, but I think we have 1-1 draw coming up. Everton need to stop their slide, Howard will come up with some key saves. And I predict Saha will get a goal against his former club. Zamora will get Fulham's goal.
    [​IMG]

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, I AM the universal scapegoat, Senator, so go ahead on!

but we're going to win.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Have a great time Mister F!! Looking forward to seeing the pics.

The lads beat Everton at home and lose at Goodison seemingly every year and the pattern will continue 2-1.

6. tim

tim Active Member

Gonna agree with Joe. 2-1 good guys sounds pretty reasonable. With all the ups and downs this season, we still have our home form. AJ and BZ both get on the scoresheet.

7. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

2-1 is a sound prediction in my opinion. Goals from Bobby and Dempsey. Apostolos Vellios gets theirs.

8. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Gonna go with 1-nil Cottagers. It'll be tough to score with Timmy H. between the pipes for Moye's side, but I think our defense will tighten at home to help Aussie get a clean sheet. Bobby Z. gets our result.

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Have a great time MisterF!!!

Looks like it's on FSC+ at 10:30 am ET Sunday. I'll be at my son's soccer tourney so it's DVR watching in the evening for us. One of these days I hope we get the chatroom going for a match.

Come On You Whites. 1 - 0 is my prediction

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I can't believe it....arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Zamora....why????!!!!!!

11. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Gutted...that's all I got right now. How did Bobby miss that???

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The charming and talented DC Heather has uploaded a "View From South Texas" to the front page of this site. I hope you'll be in a better mind reading it than I was when I wrote it.

13. jumpkutz

I think I'm gonna be sick.

14. jumpkutz

We're 17th, Hatter. I looked. Now I KNOW I'm gonna be sick.

15. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Bloody, hell. What is up with the squad? Something is wrong, even seriously wrong at the moment. Jol, straighten the shite out.

And if rumors are true, as in fables and stories tell us the locker room is in disaray - prove you're a top flight manager, Mr. Jol - or not. I love the club - no player is bigger than the shirt, especially at 17th position.

16. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Thanks for the write-up Hatter. It was a wee bit negative but that's certainly understandable. And I couldnt agree more about the freekicks. Let's just bang our heads against the wall why were at it.

For me there were a few positives, Ruiz was one. He looked completely comfortable with the pace of the game and with his teammates. I had my doubts that he would be able to handle the premier league, but those are now gone. He almost had two stunning goals in the short time he was in. For me he was the MOM.

The other positive, sort of. I recorded the match and watched it last night with my boys. Earlier in the day, the youngest one had just played a tournament match in which he hit the crossbar on a sure goal that would have put the team ahead. I think it made him feel better when he saw Zamora do the same thing.

17. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Was in the Phoenix area for the Steelers-Cardinals game and only saw the score on my phone on our way to the tailgate, and was disgusted. Finally watched the highlights on the offal and thought Everton would have been really unlucky not to come away with at least a point. That said, Bobby finishes that 99 out of 100, and we are all asking what is wrong with the team

18. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I didn't get to watch the match until Monday and after seeing it I wish I could have put it off longer. Don couldn't have articulated my thoughts on this one better if he was sharing my brain.

I'm split on Ruiz. I think he looked great in the box. Everywhere else....meh. I thought AJ looked best out on the wing. At this point, I'd like to see us go with a diamond 4-4-2 with Zamora and Ruiz as strikers, some combo of AJ, Dembele, Duff or Kasami on the wings, Clint in the central attack mid slot, one of Murphy/Etuhu/Sidwell in the CDM slot and defense as usual. I'd probably start with Murphy at CDM by it would give you the option of him pulling the strings from the back and/or have Clint create further up. If I've got a lead in the 2nd half or if you're trying to hold for a draw, I'd get him out and bring in Etuhu or Sidwell b/c they have far superior pace and marking compared to Murph. As it stands though, the only offense being created in the middle is by Dempsey when he's playing centrally, but it's at the expense of our width, so something has to change.

I understand the thinking on the Hughes sub, b/c I didn't feel Baird was having that great a match. He's fine in most regards, but he loses his mark quite often when the ball's in the air. But given the circumstances surrounding Hughes, it was a bad move.

I've got to disagree with Joe on Zamora. I'd say 80 out of 100. That's not the first sitter he's shanked.

Oh well. We'll see how Jol gets it sorted this weekend. I'm thinking we have a discipline problem, but it's still early. Time will tell.