Fulham v. Boro [R] 12/20 10AM EST

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Dec 15, 2008.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I don't like this at all. Boro have broken my heart enough in the past in matches I felt we should have won. Having said that, we are clearly not the same teams as from the past. I'm calling for a 2-0 shutout for the Whites with a dominant performance from the back 4.

2. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Don joins the latest pod

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

If you get regular Setanta on DirecTV, you get Xtra; it's included at no charge.

4. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

Thanks, guys, for the info on Setanta and Xtra. I've confirmed that the tavern will be open at 9:00 a.m. this Saturday, with the Fulham-Boro match live on TV.

StlouisBrad, maybe I'll see you there. I may not arrive for opening kick-off, but I'll get there. Here's the website: http://www.amsterdamtavern.com/

5. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

@stlouisbrad-
    heehee! I wore my Fulham jacket and scarf when I went to vote as well. How funny!

I really want three for Christmas...c'mon, boys! DELIVER!

6. Bradical

Bradical Member

2-0 Cottagers

(Nevland, AJ)

COYW

Score!!!

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Got a good feeling about this one -- I second Brad, 2-0 to the Good Guys. Murphy and Deuce w/ the goals.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Have to be troubled when the sky sports ticker states "Jimmy can leave in Jan" How about a little responsible journalism you a-holes?? The psychological damage to the team can't be underestimated (even if you think Jimmy's play has been an issue) if Bullard was to leave.

Not sure about the physical status of Bobby or mental status of Jimmy, so a lack of service to F5 has to be a major concern.

A very important game since the Spuds away and Chelsum at home follow. 3 points are absolutely mandatory!!!!

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Yeah, I'm not happy about that and not happy with Sky for reporting it. It 'seems' like it's an agent is at hand here and has leaked this 'statement' to the media.

Roy has said, HE HAS NOT BEEN TOLD TO LEAVE, and although we might not want to match his wage demands he has never been TOLD to go.

Before such a big game, if he doesn't play well in the first half, haul him off. Ugh.

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I read someplace that Bobby Z would be available tomorrow but I don't recall the source.

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

That's the media for you, nice to see the journalists are as lazy as ever. I'm with Mike, though. If Bully is eyeing the door, he's the first one subbed this week.

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Lineups are in, no BobbyZ but he is on the bench. Demps up front w/AJ again.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky, Davies, Bullard, Murphy, Gera, Dempsey, Johnson. Subs: Zuberbuhler, Zamora, Nevland, Etuhu, Stoor, Andreasen, Kallio.
    Middlesbrough: Turnbull, McMahon, Riggott, Huth, Pogatetz, Johnson, Shawky, Arca, Downing, Aliadiere, Sanli. Subs: Jones, Taylor, Mido, Emnes, Alves, Wheater, Walker.

6 straight undefeated for us, 4 straight losses to Boro, and Boro have been rather up & down this year. I'd like us for 2-1 with Bob, but given his absense, I think we're looking at a 1-1 draw.

COYW!!

13. BarryP

BarryP New Member

No better way to celebrate my 1,000th post than to say:

Well done White's!

A big hand to the midfield for their domination of today's play. Murphy was brilliant, Bullard was fantastic, and Dempsey was superb.

14. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

No better way to celebrate my birthday a day early then with a 3-0 win!!!
    Well done boys!!!
    COYW!!!

15. DMiller

DMiller New Member

The best 90 minutes of the season so far.

16. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Wow....just wow!! Most dominant performance I've ever seen out of Fulham (given my short time status) and a lot of fun to watch. Great win and excellent timing for it. 7 undefeated, let's keep it going.

17. articbob

articbob Member

Great game overall. Take away the yellow that should have been a red(I didn't think AJ was getting up from that) and the missed header by Panstil(this is why you don't get to shoot) and you easily have the best 90 min of the year. Now all I want for the holidays is a road win. Let's keep it going at White Hart Lane.

18. jmh

jmh New Member

That was excellent. :D

19. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Bobby Z is my man of the match.

Honorable mention - Aaron Hughes

20. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

Hello all
    let me first point out that I've been on the beer since 10:30am and the following might make no sense what so ever lol
    great game,total control by Fulham,Boro where lucky to get nil
    completely played them off the park,which to honest is a suprise.You could tell that we were playing to a plan and it worked a treat-Woy is a great manager by no mistake.
    Everybody played well,even Bullard,however,and i find this very interesting,from about 20 minutes in and then for most of the game the Hammy end was singing Bobby Zamora's name often, and sang the jimmy Bullard song maybe 3 times in the whole game-think it was to remind jimmy there is more than one hero at Fulham!