Fulham v. Aston Villa

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by bearzfan4lfe, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Healy won't start guys. He's just not good enough.

2. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

I think they might end up playing Nevland and Dempsey together up front. RH can then bring on Johnson maybe for Nevland with like 30 minutes left for some great pace. Ideally, I would like McBride back out there winning headers and flicking on guys like Nevland and Johnson with Dempsey going back to his natural midfield role.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

I think it probably will be Nevland and Dempsey up front, but I continue to believe Dempsey needs a rest, that's why I'm saying Healy.

4. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

With an eleventy billion options, an internet high five from me if anyone can successfully guess this weekend's lineup.

5. Kathy

Kathy New Member

I have to work on Saturday so will watch match taped. They looked great v. Bolton: awesomely improved possession with good stuff from Andreasen, Deuce, Bullard and an improved attack. Demps should def. go to MF. Boca should start! This is turning around and we can all see it coming strong now with new blood and healed talent coming on. Go Fulham!!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Kathy! The game is Sunday! :shock: :? :oops:

7. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Crap! I still have to work as doing a marketing promotion so my wkends are Mon/Tuesday, but anyway...will DVR it. Also see that Senegal is not in quarter finals for African Nations Cup, so will we have Kamara back? Wish he would make the lineup too!

8. jlough

jlough New Member

Roy said he will play Nevland on Sunday. So he will either be up front with Dempsey or off the bench. Dempsey goes back to attacking midfield when Brian is ready for full time. McBride will probably be on the bench on Sunday also. Things are looking up. Transfer Window worked out as well as it could.

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Only line-up predictions are Nevland will feature, and EJ will only come on as a sub for the last 15/20.

I know Aston Villa has had a solid year and will cause problems w/their pace, but we aren't going to see them playing in the Champions League anytime soon, and besides dammit this is OUR HOUSE!!, and its time to win in OUR HOUSE!! There was a time not too long ago where it really didn't matter who came to the Cottage, because they were in for 90 minutes of hell, so a few words to the lads...stand up and be counted, now is the time to get the 3 points and send a message that we ain't going down without a fight.

COYW!!!

10. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

And let none of us forget that their catalyst...Ashley Young...will be suspended for this game...with that said our chances of picking up three points is looking better and better with each passing hour.

COYW!!!

11. psand22

psand22 Member

Yea, our chances are a little better without Young in there. Let's hope our defense holds up with the way Villa can score. Sooner or later, we've got to score again and I think we'll put one in the net Sunday and get a point (1-1).

The line up will be another shot in the dark:

Niemi
    Volz - Hangeland - Step - Konch
    ---------Andreasen-----------------
    Davies-----Bullard-------Booze(if healthy)
    ---------Nevland - Dempsey-------

12. Lyle

Lyle New Member

EJ won't feature according to Roy due to the fact he won't be in London until Saturday morning.

13. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Which might mean that we'll see Wayne Routledge. I know I shouldn't be worried about Routledge but more Fulhamish things have happened...like his goal against Leicester(?).

14. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

hmm...i'll give it a shot for my 5 from Lax.

------------Niemi---------------
    Baird-Hughes-Hangeland-Konch
    ---------Andreasen-----------
    Davies--------------Murphy
    -----------Bullard-----------
    ----Nevland------Dempsey

Keller
    Volzy
    Boca
    Bouazza
    Healy
    McBride

15. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

That's a bummer. If he wont be able to play, I wish he would have just gone back to the US to play against Mexico.

16. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

as long as Clint is on the end of at least one, hopefully two, Litmanen passes who cares?

17. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

There was an article on espn soccernet saying that EJ flew back to London yesterday morning. He's still not match fit or anything, but he might be available if absolutely necessary.

edit: According the hte BBC preview page, McBride (but not Johnson, though that is not necessarily official) is in the squad for tomorrow:

Fulham (from): Niemi, Volz, Konchesky, Hangeland, Hughes, Andreasen, Bocanegra, Stefanovic, Seol, Healy, Smertin, Bullard, Murphy, Davies, Dempsey, Baird, Brown, Milsom, Leijer, McBride, Nevland, Keller.

Good to see KK back too!

18. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

I have a good feeling about this game. COYW

19. andyns

andyns New Member

20. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

With Brum, Bolton, and Wigan all getting points - and Sunderland currently playing - tomorrow is HUGE. We're 6 points adrift. That NEEDS to be 3 tomorrow.

COYW!!!!!