Fulham Transfer Rumours Summer 2005

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, May 18, 2005.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Don't know how accurate it is, like I said I found while lurking on the Offal messageboard. I think should add that it does have a question mark in its headline about Bocanegra leave Fulham, so it's not a certainty (and they're not claiming so either).

2. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

According to some rumours Newcastle have offered 3 mil and Steve Harper for Boa.Now while Fulham may need a Keeper on loan this deal would be a bad move for Fulham.Harper is a decent keeper but, really all Fulham need is a keeper on loan until Drobny and Crossley can play.And 3 mil could not find a replacement for Boa. Boa is worth at least 6 mil probably even more. Boa had 8 goals and 11 assists last season. Only like 3 other players had over 11 assists. Boa was even injured for like 5 games and missed like the first 3 games. Then the 8 goals was one of the top goals scored for a midfielder.

3. Jux

Jux New Member

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

5. andyns

andyns New Member

Fulham may make a move for AC Milan keeper Christian Abbiati, possibly in time for him to start Saturday. This would be a fantastic signing, and would possibly prevent Boa Morte from leaving in a package deal for Harper.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This would definitely be a great move! I did read however that Arsenal and Everton are also interested in Abbiati's services. That being said, I am guessing those two clubs would easily outspend us. Thus, I am doubting this will happen. However, I can always hope.

7. andyns

andyns New Member

Hopefully he will choose Fulham because he would be assured the #1 shirt for all intents and purposes, which is the reason he doesn't want to stay at AC Milan. Going to Everton or Arsenal he would be fighting for it.

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Good point. Let's hope that ugly thing called money does not get involved. If it does, lights out for Fulham.

9. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Abbiati would be a great signing. But, right now he is at Genoa and if they can win the appeal in Italy and not drop down to Serie C then he will probably stay with them.He was also lineked with alot of other clubs in Italy and it would be a better move for him if he stayed there. In the NT for Italy they dont like picking players that dont play in Italy.I mean Rossi from United wasnt even on their U-20 team and hes better than any forward they have.He even has said i dont want to play for the US i want to play for Italy and he still dosent get into the U-20 team.So if another Serie A team wants Abbiati then he would probably go to that team.

10. andyns

andyns New Member

Looks like Marlet is out, should be heading to Wolfsburg soon.

I didn't really follow the EPL or Fulham when they signed him, so could someone explain why Fulham paid 13.5 million pounds for him? The year before he signed he scored 12 goals in 31 games for Lyon, that hardly justifies 13.5 million pounds.And where did Fulham get that much money to begin with?

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

That was the era of the big signings bubble, everyone 'competing' for players against the "Big Boys"... Al Fayed purse was still open and Tigana is the one who thought he would fit into his scheme.
    MAF's suit against Tigana is partially about that buy.

12. soccerdad

soccerdad New Member

GK????

Who is our GK this weekend if we don't get someone from outside the club?

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: GK????

I have heard Crossley is going to be healthy and starting this weekend. I would guess Batista will be the backup.

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: GK????

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but Carlos Bocanegra was not included in the US squad for the upcoming US World Cup Qualifiers. This might make him want to get out of Fulham sooner rather than later.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Re: GK????

I thought Boca was left out due to injury? Plus, Coleman could have said to Arena that would like to keep at least one of the players, since he has a small club.

16. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: GK????

I'd rather have McBride any day.

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: GK????

for club or country? Of course, I would like to have for both.

18. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

oh oh...we forgot to have the club or country debate this summer in the offseason

oh well...next year. I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of an argument though considering the state of soccer in this country.

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Perhaps Cookie asked Arena to keep Carlos back in London, but I have a feeling he is sending him a message that if he does not get first team football on a regular basis that his place on the US team is in jeopardy.

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator