Fulham Transfer Rumours Summer 2005

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, May 18, 2005.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

2. martin

martin New Member

There are so many conflicting stories out there about Boa and Newcastle. Some say Souness is set to offer 3 million. Others say Boa has already been sold for 4 million. Still others say CC says don't even come to the table unless you are prepared to offer 5 million plus. I'll be glad when it's settled, one way or the other. It's a month til kickoff and I have no idea who will be in the team, much less what the first 11 will look like.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I have a feeling Boa is not going anywhere. Deep down, I do not think he wants to play way up there in Newcastle. My guess is that he will stay.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Every window, same old!

Let me make an astute prediction: Boa will leave Fulham!

Someday.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Looks like like we finally have a left back in the way of Nicoas Jensen. The Danish International will take a physical today and join us. Fulham has agreed to terms with Borussia Dortmund for the 30-year-old. I do not know if this means we are not going to sign Rui Jorge, but I am just relieved that we have a natural left back to play the position.

6. martin

martin New Member

From what I have read about Jensen, this sounds like a good signing. He's a left back who's good at set pieces and has a "fierce left foot." He spent some time with Man City prior to playing in Germany.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

My only concern is that whether it be at Borussia Dortmund or Manchester City, he has had a hard time holding down a consistent spot in the starting XI. Perhaps a change of scenery will do him good. Regardless, he is a natural left back and we need one of those.

8. pettyfog

Good to hear!
    I have quit following up on rumours both in English media and the Offal MB.

All smoke, no mirrors - even!

It should be noted that playing in the BL, sometimes is 'not all that'... Success in Germany requires a certain "Prussian" mindset, in my opinion. And this works both ways.

Now as to Man City... hmmm ... see above.

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

It is official, Fulham has signed left back Niclas Jensen. It is thought to have been a fee of 750,000 Fulham paid to Borussia Dortmund. So, we have a true left back finally at the Cottage!

10. pettyfog

And speaking of Man City.. the rumors have hit critical mass, achieved the credible stage, and it looks like they're carrying Andy Cole back to Mancs.

To balance that out, Fulham is being linked to Borussia Dortmund's Koller... and there are even the biennial "Saha back" titillators being posted.

Whether that would be a "GOOD" thing is subject for a whole thread on its own

11. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Cole is as good as gone and I'm not sure if this is good or bad yet. All I do know is that during the Celtic match, there were some stoppages for water and we all started singing songs.

We sang "Tomadz Radzinksi" and he looked over and clapped.
    We sang "Steeeeed" and he gave acknowledgement
    We Sang "Andy Andy Cole" and he ignored us.

I could be looking into it too much (considering Cole did sh!t that game) but I think he is already gone.

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

If, and that is a big IF, Saha stays healthy, he would be a great signing, but I am not sure of his fitness. It would be a big blow for Fulham to spend a lot of money on him and then have him be unhealthy and unproductive all season. For a club like Fulham, that could set us back in the transfer market for a year or two. We need to be shrewd and wise with our money. While I like Saha, I just do not know if he is worth the cash. Also, his weekly wages are out of this world compared to Fulham standards. I do not see this happening.

13. americanmike

I agree with you Tom...the only way I could see Saha coming back is on loan.

14. christopher

christopher New Member

15. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

It's official on Cole. He's gone.
    It's hard to see what there is to lose by taking Saha back on loan. His wages may be an issue but if he is healthy and takes the club to a higher finish they would be getting at least some of that money back. If he's injured or has a bad attitude, return him.

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

If Boa leaves, Coleman is looking at Sporting Lisbon winger Rudolph Douala to replace him. I know very little about this guy unfortunately. I just hope Boa stays and we do not have to worry about this new guy.

17. martin

martin New Member

The latest I saw on Boa is that Newcastle has backed off a bit but now Middlesbrough is interested. I think Cookie's 5 million pound price tag will be high enough to keep Boa at the Cottage for at least another year.

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

According to Boa Morte's agent, Amadeu Paixao, there will be a decision made one way or another by week's end. My fingers are crossed that he stays.

19. americanmike

It really does amaze me how contracts mean absolutely nothing on this sport. The agent says "a decision will be made in a week or so". I'm sorry , but if I remember, Boa signed a contract keeping him at the club through 2008???? Ugh.

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Well Mike, unfortunately we live in the day and age where a contract means little to nothing. Whether it be in England or America, most athletes are looking for the dollar signs. It drives me nuts.