Fulham to play preseason in Jax 2014

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by boa3532, Jul 19, 2013.

1. LogicalmanUS

LogicalmanUS Member

OK, we're looking to meet up on Friday Evening and again Saturday before and after the match for drinks and food, if anyone's interested drop me a line, good to put faces to monikers.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

3. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I'm not sure what the parking costs will be at the stadium, but it can be steep - $40 maybe? The Jacksonville Transit Authority is offering free parking at the convention center and a $7 per-person shuttle as an alternative. From the Times-Union:
    http://jacksonville.com/news/2014-07-22 ... od-concert

Wish I could be there. Take advantage of the beach if you are in town for the game. I think Jacksonville's beaches are totally underrated. One of my favorite places to be.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

So I have to say I'm excited that FFC is returning to America but typical that this is my busiest part of the year and won't be making the game.

Who is going from here? How about a bit of a roll call?

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Can't make it.

BTW...there will be open training session:

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jag ... ae1325d7d2

6. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Players traveling to Jacksonville have been announced: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/ ... son-update

7. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I'm not going, but that's a bit of a let down. Sure it'd be great to see some of the youngsters, but where's Parker? Kaca? Burn? McCormack? Taggart? either first team GK? There's only one player (Amorebieta) who saw regular first team action last year.

8. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

It seems that whatever Magath has been trying to do in the pre-season matches to this point, he is continuing to do with DC United. Parker is a notable absence, but Stockdale, Burn, and Kacaniklic haven't been featured much at all in the pre-season. The other guys are either no longer with us or they are recovering from the World Cup.

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I will sadly not be going, and thus unable to meet some of you. Perhaps another time.

That said, after looking at the game's roster, I feel somewhat vindicated.

10. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I understand giving the World Cup players their vacation (and thus didn't mention Ruiz, Dejagah, or (gasp) Mitroglou). I guess what I don't understand is not working on getting your first team players some reps together in a game situation. Even the NFL teams trot out their starters for a series or two in the preseason. I can also understand that maybe Magath doesn't want to tax some of his first team guys with a rather short trip across the pond. It's not like they're going to be here for a couple of weeks (though I suppose one could argue that this is precisely the reason that he should bring them).

As a side note, I was looking at the roster on the offal and I think we're in trouble in the midfield. I'm not sure who's going to take charge and control the midfield for a full 90 (Parker was looking pretty thin at the end of last season).

11. NorthCarolina_Fulham

NorthCarolina_Fulham New Member

Will their be a live stream of this anywhere?

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hope so, but I have yet to see anything about it being available on stream. Last year a Costa Rican broadcast company put their feed of the Fulham friendlies on Youtube, not sure if there are going to be any TV cameras there at all. :(

13. NorthCarolina_Fulham

NorthCarolina_Fulham New Member

Ok, thanks. That would stink, but maybe a stream will come up... :pray:

14. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

It'll be on Fox Soccer 2 Go.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll be gigging when kickoff occurs and, unless there's a tape delay on Fox soccer 2 go, I'll miss the whole thing. Not to worry.

You guys who are attending have a great day out and represent for all of us!!!!!!!!!

16. tim

tim Active Member

:text-+1: Enjoy, guys. Wish I could be there with you.

17. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

It won't be Gentleman Jim but there will live commentary.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/25/live-commentary

Live Commentary

Friday 25 July 2014 17:24

Fans can follow the Whites’ pre-season friendly fixture with D.C. United by listening to live radio commentary on our Match Centre page on Saturday.

Felix Magath’s side take on the MLS outfit at EverBank Field – home of the Jacksonville Jaguars – with kick-off at 11pm BST.

Coverage will be provided courtesy of Jax Sports Radio, with commentary coming from Bill McDermott, US soccer’s longest-running broadcaster with 42 years behind the microphone.

Co-commentary will be provided by Derek Marinatos, the head men’s soccer coach at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville.

The match will be the fifth game of Fulham’s pre-season schedule following fixtures against East Fife, Rangers, Motherwell and Crawley Town.

18. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

+2. Hoping we show some positive stuff today.

19. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I'm looking at Fox Soccer 2Go and the only listing for the match is ondemand.....tomorrow, 7/27 starting at 9am. No live stream available.

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I think radio is the only "live" stream available. From the DC boards, it sounds like DC took a B side, which makes sense since they have a more important game coming up in a few days.