Fulham to play preseason in Jax 2014

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by boa3532, Jul 19, 2013.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Nothing official from the club, but it looks like there may be a date:
    [tweet]429327692962336768[/tweet]

2. Justin C.

Justin C. New Member

I'm going alone. Sadly my wife isn't a fan and my kids would hinder staying out late.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Welcome to the site Justin. I am sure there will be some plans in the works once the game becomes official. I really hope Fulham are not planning just one game in the US, but it wouldn't shock me if that's the case. Shad seems to want do something special for Jacksonville, just have to wait and see.

4. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Looks like the date is official. July 26th vs. DC United

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jag ... e6e56d3cec

and the view from the other side of the pond too:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/april ... k-friendly

Hopefully DC United will be playing a team in the BPL!

That happens to be the day my wife returns home after being away for 5 weeks due to work. She said that if I give up seeing Fulham to welcome her home that she'd make sure we try to catch a match at Craven Cottage when we go to London sometime in 2015. I suppose that's a fair trade.

5. LogicalmanUS

LogicalmanUS Member

We've found flights for 325 each return from Nashville - ready to book this weekend.

Yes Heather, I recall the All Stars weekend, especially the bar we had for the match evening - and the hotel was fantastic. Fancy organizing for this year? I'll give all the help I can in making it happen.

6. tim

tim Active Member

Well, a quick search leads me to believe that Jacksonville may be one of the least accessible cities in the country from Los Angeles. OK, I may be exaggerating a bit, but not much. Fingers crossed I can find a reasonable fare.

7. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Have to see how it looks how it fits in the budget, but hoping to make it down. Flights to seem reasonable from Boston.

8. LogicalmanUS

LogicalmanUS Member

tim,

Look at flights to Orlando / Sandford, just 2 hours south of Jacksonville, so within striking distance, but are 'holiday' destinations, so the budget airlines use them.

9. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Tim, I've always been happiest flying to Jacksonville on Southwest (I'm usually taking a straight shot from BWI to JAX). If you are going from LA, that's about $500 round-trip non-refundable.

10. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

hoping they do a different city on the east coast or elsewhere as jacksonville is .... jacksonville

11. tim

tim Active Member

Appreciate the tips, guys. I'll dig into it further.

12. Andersons11

Andersons11 Member

The wife let slip that this trip will be my birthday gift, so chalk another one down for the FUSA meet up.

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I really wish I could go, but I have a lot on my plate atm. This just might be a last second decision.

14. Andersons11

Andersons11 Member

Looks like tickets could be complicated with the friendly being the first of 3 events. The friendly, a video board unveil and a Carrie underwood concert. All free to jag season ticket holders.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yes, I have a bad feeling about July 26th. I really hope this isn't a huge letdown for traveling Fulham supporters.

16. tslyon

tslyon Member

17. Andersons11

Andersons11 Member

I just hope beyond reason that they think of us. If not my optimism of Khan being the owner might just evaporate. I understand why its happening, garnering interest for the Jags and Fulham at the same time. I would hate to see some mildly curious jags fans front and center while the Fulham supporters who paid to be there are stuck in the nosebleeds. This could be a real positive or a real sore eye.

18. Andersons11

Andersons11 Member

I just hope beyond reason that they think of us. If not my optimism of Khan being the owner might just evaporate. I understand why its happening, garnering interest for the Jags and Fulham at the same time. I would hate to see some mildly curious jags fans front and center while the Fulham supporters who paid to be there are stuck in the nosebleeds. This could be a real positive or a real sore eye.

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

How many of us are planning to attend?

20. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

As I posted on the FB post I will be unable to attend but wish I could. Maybe I will luck out and they will also play the Revolution up this way.