Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew Stadium

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Mar 8, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew Sta

I will have more information later this week, but I am quite certain the tickets are $35. Just to let everyone know.

2. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

Tom, I tried replying to your message for attendees for the big match in July, I have three attending from F.Wayne, possibly 4, but I'm not certain about accommodation as yet.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew

Tony, I will make a note of you needing 4 tickets. I will take a look at my spreadsheet tomorrow and mark you down. My email is tom@fulhamusa.com. Let me know about your hotel situation by emailing me. Cheers!

4. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at

Just out of curiosity Tom how many from "Stateside" do we have saying they will attend this game?...

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I have requests for a total of about 60 tickets so far. I am hoping we can get more. I think we will get more as we get closer to then. Also, there could be some more English fans with us as well.

6. Martin-in-Nashville

So about 5000?...

LOL

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Have they told you which section?

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars

nope.

9. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-S

Mike/RDG...I thought I could not make this game due to going to a wedding in ireland on the wednesday afterwards. However, if you are flying out Friday pm and back Sunday pm, and I won't miss work then maybe I can work something out. What flight are you guys booked on?

10. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS A

I'm not booked on a flight yet, but I will do that soon...I am definitely just flying out for Friday through Sunday though...I know my friend Joe is also going as well as Krista...oh, and my parents as well!!

11. RDG

RDG Member

RE: Fulham to play MLS All-S

I'm booked on American, leaving LaGuardia Friday at 11:40am, returning on Sunday at 1:53. I found that booking directly from the aa.com site was the cheapest. I'll be going "stag", as my wife will probably still not be able to fly.

12. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

Tom,
    What's the state of play with the tickets/accommodation mate?
    Do we have a good number coming to the game?
    I had to ask Ami if she'd be cheering for the All-Stars or Fulham, the jury's still out on that one, a bit, but I'll have to get her a shirt for the match, and the Fulham site's the only URL I know!!

Keep us posted about the tickets etc,

TTFN

Tony

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew

I have everything almost set in stone for this. The MLS is meeting with the Crew tomorrow regarding the planning and such of the tickets for this match. I have been told by my rep with the Crew that she should have it all finalized by the end of this week.

In addition to that, I should have the post-match party location all squared away by then and I will then send out an email with information about tickets, hotels and the post-match party.

We are doing our best to make this easy and convenient for everyone. I will let everyone know as soon as I know the details of everything.

14. DCDave

DCDave Member

Travel to Columbus for the Fulham-MLS game

My wife and I got flights for $49 each way per person from Washington Dulles to Columbus via Independence Air, a new airline, website www.flyi.com. Independence is based out of Dulles, but the fly to and from many cities in the midwest/east/south. I'm not sure how long the $49 fares will last--they're having a sale now. Here is their schedule for the Friday before and the Sunday after the game. (We're on the 3:10 Friday outbound flight and the 5:30 Sunday return flight.)

Fri, 29 Jul 05
    Flight 1490
    8:25 am Depart Washington-Dulles, VA (IAD)
    9:39 am Arrive Columbus, OH (CMH)

Flight 1851
    10:35 am Depart Washington-Dulles, VA (IAD)
    11:48 am Arrive Columbus, OH (CMH)

Flight 1493
    3:10 pm Depart Washington-Dulles, VA (IAD)
    4:28 pm Arrive Columbus, OH (CMH)

Flight 1495
    9:10 pm Depart Washington-Dulles, VA (IAD)
    10:24 pm Arrive Columbus, OH (CMH)

Sun, 31 Jul 05
    Flight 1480
    6:30 am Depart Columbus, OH (CMH)
    7:40 am Arrive Washington-Dulles, VA (IAD)

Flight 1483
    10:45 am Depart Columbus, OH (CMH)
    11:52 am Arrive Washington-Dulles, VA (IAD)

Flight 1860
    12:55 pm Depart Columbus, OH (CMH)
    2:05 pm Arrive Washington-Dulles, VA (IAD)

Flight 1487
    5:30 pm Depart Columbus, OH (CMH)
    6:39 pm Arrive Washington-Dulles, VA (IAD)

15. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

Thanks Tom

Hey, just 12 weeks until they arrive, it's hotting up here.
    This has got to be the event this year for us exiles.

Fulham shop online has a number of specials going on (buy 1 get 1 3). Orders delivers within 25 days, and there's a 25 quid shipping cap on orders of 2 or more items. Got mine, so we should have the current stuff for the game.

Good news is that Ami has decided to wear the Fulham colours. That's one more down, just 260 Million more 'cousins' to go and we'll have the biggest fan club in the world!! She's even allowed her car to be decked in Fulham gear for the match!!! YeeHaaa.

I've gotta say thanks to Tom and Mike for arranging all this for the fans over here, not just the match weekend, but also this site. It's gonna be a special weekend and the gratitude is far more than words can express.
    And thanks Mike for the NY trip, glad you likes the Pele pic.

We're looking at driving up early Saturday (leaving about 5), are we getting together for pre-match drinkies? Maybe one of the columbus natives can point us in the direction of a 'friendly' pub (sorry - bar).

HEY! Any of you lot from the homeland willing to bring a 'shopping list' of items over here for us? Walkers Crisps, marmite, real cheddar, etc. I'll pay the costs of course. Just email me at tonyscottus@comcast.net, or post it here, it's just so bloody hard to get any of the good stuff in the states.

All for now, TTFN,

Tony

16. Jux

Jux New Member

Re: Thanks Tom

Pettyfog and I are working with Tom to coordinate a Tailgate outside Crew Stadium prior to the match. There really aren?t any worthwhile pubs within walking distance of the pitch, so most people tailgate before games.

BTW, good recommendation on the club shop. My wife and I upgraded our collections of kits yesterday!

17. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Not sure if you fellas have already ordered your stuff, but if not, DaveNearDC has asked if anyone would like to order Fulham Gear to contact him so we can put in a big order. Here's the link: http://www.fulhamusa.com/index.php?name ... =2180#2180

I love tailgating...I'll bring the soccer balls...oops, footballs!

18. Jux

Jux New Member

Actually, we placed it during the post-Everton match euphoria, so it is already on it's way. We will definitely have to take advantage of offers like this in the future!

19. Martin-in-Nashville

Game V. MLS

Tom

What's the latest on the game against the MLS, game tickets,hotels etc..Last post I read was you were in the final stages of sending everyone going an email as to prices for everything etc. that was about three weeks ago and was just curious?...

COYW

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Game V. MLS

I should hear back from the Crew early next week to finalize the tickets. Once I hear back from them, we should be good to go. At that point, I will send the email.