Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew Stadium

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Mar 8, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

To be announced jointly in Columbus at Crew Stadium and Fulham at 11:30 eastern

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This is awesome. Can we all crash at your place Petty?? Just kidding! I am sure a lot of people will come out for this one!!!!

3. pettyfog

Email McBride.. I'm sure he'd be glad to put you all up!

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

So, I would like to have a get together for all the FulhamUSA people who will be coming to town for the match. I will be arriving in town on Friday, July 29th and stay til Sunday, July 31st.

We need to represent Fulham Football Club well. Who is thinking about coming to Columbus for the match?

5. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

So this means if they want to make any money from the trip they can't cut Boca or McBride before then...

6. pettyfog

Well, I'm thinking Brian wont be flying back... but I'm grateful for this as it meant I was SORTA right about Brian going back to MLS/Columbus

7. martin

martin New Member

Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew Stadium

I will definitely try to be there. I might wait to see who else comes to the US this summer before deciding. I saw ManU v AC Milan last year in Giants Stadium and it was a blast. I can only afford so many soccer-related trips in one year.

Cheers,
    Martin

8. McBride'sHeader

McBride'sHeader New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew Stadium

Count me in. How about the Londoners? Are you coming too? Many of the Londoners we met last weekend at the Cottage expressed a desire to cross the pond for themselves. Here's your big chance...
    Mike Wille

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew Stadium

I hope we can get a lot of Fulham supporters out for this one! As I said before, we gotta represent for FFC in Columbus!!! Come one, come all!!!!

10. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew Stadium

Sup brother...yeah, I think we can expect a good amount of England fans crossing the pond for this one. If they didn't have an excuse to come to America before, they sure have one now. I can't believe this will also be on national television...possibly NBC or ABC or FOX???

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew Sta

It will be on ABC I bet. MLS has a contract with ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 and Fox Soccer Channel. The last couple years the All-Star game has been on ABC on a Saturday afternoon. We are gonna get a lot of new Fulham fans. Let's hope they put on a nice display!!

12. Jux

Jux New Member

I will definitely be there! I would have traveled to see this one, but am grateful to have it at my home pitch. The tickets will be available to Crew season ticket holders as part of a pre-sale, but my account manager wouldn't give me that date (or the general public sale date) when I called him yesterday.

(BTW, great site and message board...glad to be a part of it)

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Jux,
    Will you want to sit with the Fulham fans? Later this week I am gonna send an email to everyone about going to the match. It would be great if all the Fulham fans could sit together.

Cheers and thanks for the kind words about the site and the board.

14. Jux

Jux New Member

Sure, that sounds good to me! There is; however, a little quandry with my wife. She loves Fulham, but has gone on record that she will cheering for the MLS in this match (in support of the growth of US Professional Soccer). I initially had a similar issue myself, but decided that I would throw my full support behind the Whites in this one since I have been forced to follow them from a distance and haven't had the good fortune to see them in person.

If her "mojo" will be disruptive to the group, we definitely understand. We would, like to join up with everyone at any pre and post-match festivities though.

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Jux, that is cool if your wife cheers for the MLS All-Stars. I may need your help in getting some things lined up for before and after places where we can all meet up. A few bars, etc. I am hoping to get into town with some of the Chicago contingent on Friday afternoon.

I just think it is awesome that both yourself and your wife are Fulham fans! Cheers to that!

16. Jux

Jux New Member

Ok! There really aren't many bars/restaurants of note within walking distance of the stadium, but they are a few just a few minutes drive away. Crew Stadium does have a pretty active tailgating scene though (we are in the Midwest!). Fans generally show up several hours before home matches to grill, drink, play soccer, etc. Another point of note is that the parking lot is considered private property (i.e. owned by the Crew), so alcohol is allowed and you won't have to drink on the sly. Those of you who have attended College Football games in the States will know what I am talking about!

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Tailgaiting will definitely be happening. I went to the Manchester United-Bayern Munich match last year here in Chicago and we tailgated our asses off hours before the match.

I am thinking we should try to find a pub somewhere after the match for the out of towners and all who want to come and meet up. I know I plan on coming Friday and leaving Sunday so there will be a lot of time.

I am sure we will come up with something. Thanks for the info LUX!

18. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Londoners coming to the US to visit...ohio. haha, i think that's funny for some reason.

anyway, i'm definately up for going out there friday night. Any word on hotels? maybe someone can call to book a group of rooms at the same hotel? Maybe through the club (same hotel as the players maybe?).

anyway, I can't afford to fly to London to watch them stink, but i can definately drive 7 hours to watch them stink.

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Johnny, I will work out something for the hotels. Once we get a head count and stuff like that, we will move forward in getting some rooms booked for the weekend.

20. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

I smell a road trip.