Fulham @ The Big Bad Bullies

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, Feb 14, 2009.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

Looks like Johnson and Konchesky failed their fitness tests. That's an awfully mediocre squad we're putting out there, I'm afraid. Don't suppose there's a recall clause in Andreasen's loan agreement?

2. morry32

morry32 New Member

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

nice to see Milsom and Brown get on the pitch. Brown looked pretty good.

We were completely outclassed for 94 minutes. I can't believe that while we're 2-0 down they don't call a penalty on Vidic's handball! Wait, actually, I DO believe it.

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

didn't listen or see the match. was it as lopsided as the result? worse? Baird? how did the two youngsters Milsom and Brown do when they came on towards the end?

5. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Milsom made a long, Radzinksi-esque run that ended with him getting eaten alive by 2 or 3 defenders. For a second though, I thought he might score!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Brown showed some good positioning.

Baird was okay. Schwarzer and Hangeland showed human frailty for a change. The Aussie should have corralled the first goal, and Hangeland was about 5 yards deeper than any other defender and played TWO United players onside for the 2nd.

Truth be told, Scholes bossed us off the pitch. Interestingly, we look much more threatening to United's goal than we looked to Swansea's on Saturday. Zamora was about 8 inches total away from two goals, and we should have had a penalty. That's two solid shots more than we got against the Swans.

Bring on the Baggies.

7. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

As long as anyone came into that with mostly probable expectations, they should be okay with what happened today.

Now let's move on....to Europe!!!

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

The less said the better. Let's flush this one down the commode and move on. I see a W Brom thread already! Outstanding.

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch’intrate.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

gesundheit!

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

An expected result.Regardless, good to see the young 'uns get a run out.

Fuck the ref, yet nobody gets calls at the "drive-in of dreams."

West Brom is going to get stomped this weekend.

12. sullytex

sullytex Member

The game was not on the tele live here (that I could find anyway). Followed the game on a match tracker. Thay had a replay at 10 pm. I know this is weak, but I did not bother to watch it. I just don't have enough S&M in me to do that (plus I have a wicked cold).

As W-Bhoy mentioned, this was a bit expected so not too let down. On to WBA.

13. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Worse, I thought. Surprisingly, United showed some poor finishing. I thought Berbatov should have had a hat trick.....in the first half. Also surprisingly, I thought Gera was one of our best players in that game.

MOTM was Scholes. He was an absolute assassin with his passing, especially his long balls out to the wing. I don't think he was an inch off target with any ball he tried.

14. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

The game was lost before it started.

Hodgson created a defensive lineup and told the team: don't lose. The lack of confidence showed in the players, from the goalie to the outfield players.

I'd have much preferred if Hodgson had put an aggressive 4-4-2 out there and said "ManU hasn't given up a goal in a long time. I don't care what the score is, but end that streak." It couldn't have been any worse.

15. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Agree Andy. And after bearing through Setanta's replay I noticed it wasn't even just a defensive formation and mindset -- it was stuff we've never seen under Woy before.

A 4-1-4-1 at Old Trafford, with Baird as the holding midfielder? And Simon Davies playing center-mid and responsible for marking Scoles? Seriously?

And hands down Schwarzer had his worst game of the season -- never seen him so unsettled before.

I know this isn't golf, but I'd kinda like a mulligan please.

It was nice to see Milsom and Brown though. I thought they played well, def have a future, and now somewhat comprehend why Andranik and Andreasen were loaned out.

Lets go shit on West Brom.

16. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

From Richard Jolly at ESPN:

"FULHAM VERDICT: Hodgson's team have held Chelsea at home and taken points at Liverpool and Aston Villa, but never threatened to do likewise at Old Trafford. The charitable interpretation is that the injuries to Andrew Johnson and Paul Konchesky proved too great a disruption to a previously settled side. The reality, though, is that they were thrashed."

17. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

United are in far better form than Liverpool and chelsea were when we faced them. We still laid an egg, but given how many matches we've had of late, if we were to take one off, this is the one I'd have picked.