Fulham @ The Big Bad Bullies

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, Feb 14, 2009.

1. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

3 league goals on the road all season for Fulham and no league goals conceded by United since Nov. 8........it will be the biggest upset of the season if we score.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I rather liked our chances when the match was originally scheduled. United were unsettled on the pitch, Ronaldo was injured, Rooney couldn't figure out which foot to put his boots on, and Berbatov looked like a youth-team reject. That match was postponed so that United could play Zenit in the UEFA Super Cup and look like Tranmere Rovers, as they did. While this was going on, we were fresh from manhandling Arsenal.

Well, that was our chance to ruffle some red feathers gone. I'm hoping for no cards for Murphy or Pants, and no injuries for anyone.

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I think an upset can happen actually. I think we can at least get a draw. Man Utd is good, but as West Ham showed, they can be stood up to.

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

True, but that match was at Upton Park and Spam still lost 1-0.

5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I dont know if Fergie is taking Fulham seriously as much as he is taking the context of the game seriously.

If ManU win, they would be 5 points up. And the title would be a fait accompli.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I know Jensers' favorite manager isn't taking us seriously. On SSN today, Arsene Wenger was quoted as saying, "and they have a game in hand against Fulham, which they certainly will win."

7. IanHux

IanHux New Member

I was thinkin it was more of a tennis beard. Two guys on either side of something with holes in the middle..... Anyway, its gone after tomorrow regardless of the result.

8. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Well. United. The Faux Devils. I, well, I just hope Fulham doesn't embarrass themselves.

That said, it'll likely end up 1-0 United on an O.G.

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

"I just hope Fulham doesn't embarrass themselves?"

That's right up there with Al Pacino's speech in Any Given Sunday.

Come on people, the title of this thread has irony in it. Ours is a pretty decent squad, especially in the back. We got a point out of Anfield. If we lose, we lose, the sun will come up tomorrow and kickoff against W Brom is still at 1000 on Saturday. We have obstacles to overcome, none of which I will mention now. Let's have some stones, kick Cristina the Ballerina a few times (I hope), work our asses off and make them do the same.

If I may, I don't want to see any more of that nonsense in this thread.

And screw Wenger too. Hope he enjoys winning as many trophies as we do again this year.

10. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

:3d funny:

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I don't know how free anyone is on a Wednesday afternoon, and I don't know if I'll be able to sit up much at the computer, but if I can, I'm going to be in the chatroom begging for a video link or listening to GJ.

Anyone in the neighborhood, drop on in!

12. morry32

morry32 New Member

i have seen some video links and i will be around for the match this afternoon.

13. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I'm avoiding the web and this site especially until I get home and can watch the game on my home TV, via my DVR. Yes, I'll get the "not soccer, again!" from my girls, but priorities are priorities :)

14. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Yeah, if anyone has a video link, please post it! I'll keep an eye on the Facebook group, as links often pop up on there.

Vidic takes down Dempsey in the box in the last 20 minutes, Murphy slots home the penalty to end VDS's streak and we walk away with the 1-1 draw and a point.

15. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

There's a better chance of me levitating around my office than Fulham getting a penalty call at Old Trafford.

16. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

That's not a shot against us. It's a shot against the refs. :D

17. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I plan on watching it live. My wife has a doctors appointment at 2:20 pm to check our baby's progress (baby due April 30!). So that gets me off work early. I should be home about 10 minutes before kick off & I have Setanta, so it works out nicely.

COYW

18. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

cant stream vid or aud at work, so gamecast and chat zone for me.

and, depending on how depressing it is, i'll attempt the replay this evening.

COYW (whimper...)

19. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm going to try to listen online (I'm assuming there will be a GJ broadcast) but our network connection here at work today is really running slowly so I'm not sure how well it'll work out.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Lineups for today:

1923: TEAMS Man Utd v Fulham
    Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Park, Berbatov, Tevez. Subs: Kuszczak, Rooney, Nani, Rafael Da Silva, Evans, Fletcher, Gibson.
    Fulham: Schwarzer, Pantsil, Hangeland, Hughes, Kallio, Baird, Gera, Murphy, Davies, Dempsey, Zamora. Subs: Zuberbuhler, Nevland, Dacourt, Gray, Milsom, Brown, Smalling.

So, a 4-5-1 with Z-bird on his own. Baird replacing Dacourt/Ethu in midfield, and Gera getting the start instead of Nevland. Gray, Milsom, Brown, and Smalling make the big trip up north. Wonder if any of those four will make it on the pitch.