FULHAM @t Newcastle [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I'll have to tape the game on Setanta, as I will enjoy my recently discovered ability to go to Rutgers football games for free as a graduate student (and now that they are a competant football team).

I do hope Fulham spoils Newcastle at St. James Park with strikes from Jimmy Bullard and Brian McBride. I think Niemi will have to have a HUGE game for Fulham to have a chance, though.

2. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Well if it is "dreadfully unpopular" I'll join the club. This seems the most logical way for us to get a point with the team mentality we have going.

3. Wockenfuss

Wockenfuss New Member

This might not be the right spot to ask this, but whats the deal with Routledge. I know we have him on loan, but has it been confirmed that we have an option to buy?

4. RDG

RDG Member

Newcastle v Fulham

- Heeeyyyyy! I had a great time with the Geordies at last January's match -- both in the Tube and at the Cottage! Good blokes, all -- especially after the 1-0 victory!!

- Isn't this the place where Cookie fell in love with the 4-5-1?? Actually, I was a bit shocked that he didn't use it at Old Trafford.

- NU doesn't threaten me, but being away does. I'll be happy with a point and ecstatic with three. I'm not optimistic, but then, I'm usually Eeyore when it comes to away matches.

COYW!!!!

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hi Wockenfuss,
    He is on loan until May, although I was told that he can't play against the Spus when we meet him and, in fact, we have an option to buy him in May at a price of 2-3 million quid.

Also, as a side note, we arrived at the hotel last night and guess who greeted us when we got there. Franck Quedrue! So, in fact, we are staying at the players hotel and I've seen almost everyone up here..good stuff and I'm feeling confident.

COYW's

6. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Re: Newcastle - FFC -- NYC Meet-up??

We'll bethere Rudy...watch out though I am bringing the whole tribe including the father-in-law!

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Let's hope Fulham is feeling confident also. This game should be a blast. I'm feeling 1-2 at the current moment. I'll be heading to Pensacola to watch the replay with good friends, who are Newcastle fans, at 2:30. So I can't peek.

Come On You Super Whites!!

8. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Re: Newcastle - FFC -- NYC Meet-up??

Rudy - check your PMs. Something has come up with some relatives in town and I can't make it to Queens.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Re: Newcastle - FFC -- NYC Meet-up??

Fulham must have the worst luck with injuries, I feel sick.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Come on Fulham!

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Newcastle v. FFC [R]

Great news, first away win, 2-1! McBride and Boca. Routledge excellent acquisition.

Bad news, injuries.

Bullard, Knight, Diop, and Christanval? Ouch.

11. Hugg

Hugg New Member

RE: Newcastle v. FFC [R]

That was amazing.

Now we have to hope the injuries don't end up too bad. They said dislocated knee for Bullard with possible ligament damage, pending MRI. We have to hope there's none.

12. Zack

Zack New Member

SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY....and who said they didnt like those new third kits.....i say wear em every away match!!!! Macca scoring and then boca getting some....go on........to good to be true for us yanks and most importanly for fulham...HUGE win...but i do worry about Mr. Bullard...he has held the team on his back through the first 4 points....i pray its not that lengthy of a injury best wishes JB..............now my Tar Heels just took a 3-0 lead on Virginia Tech and hopefully other florida teams UCF and USF can win and it will be a treat....but the 2-1 line is FANTASTIC!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

The great thing about that win is we were completely outplayed, on the road, and our best player injured; but we didn't give up like those Newcastle fans that left after Fulham's go ahead goal. I like that Fulham displayed their fortitude.

COYWs. Rest up for the next game.

14. DCDave

DCDave Member

From TFI:

Coleman interview on Sky -- PP, Saturday, September 09, 05:23:26pm
    Injury was complete accident, Jimmy is going to be OK. Very pleased that they kept working.

Damage to kneecap, off to hospital but might not be as bad as first thought.

-------------------

Let's hope!

15. CStoneNo37

CStoneNo37 New Member

I cannot believe I didn't pony up the $4 to hear Gentleman Jim's radio... ESPN Matchcast didn't do it justice, but I'll gladly accept the maximum!

COYWs!!!

What a day for the Fulham Americans.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If you could see me now, I look just like my new avatar -- especially the big grin part.

Work kept me away from the chatroom and will keep me away from the replay, but I am as thrilled as I could possibly be.

Props to PCB for getting the score right!

Envious of Mike. There's nothing like an away win to make the long trip home worthwhile.

Can't wait to look at the table after Monday's match!

COYW!!!!!!

17. martin

martin New Member

What a great result. Boca and McBlood saved the day. From the post-match comments, Cookie sounds somewhat upbeat regarding Bullard. Let's hope he's right. Get well soon, Jimmy!

18. krhimself

krhimself New Member

My, oh my, we just beat Poocastle... on the road! Again! It was really reminiscent of the Man City match from last year, when we scored two goals in the final 10 minutes. We'll hope that the boys can repeat that kind of commitment every match, particularly on the road.

COYWs! Well done!

19. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Great news that Bullard is alright, also great to get a road victory early on in the season. Can anyone post highlights of the goals?

20. bill

bill New Member

Sorry to say Jimmy is far from being alright , CC quoted " we will have a clearer picture after the scans & x rays on monday "