Fulham supporters in Dallas, TX?

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by DallasTilIDie, Aug 29, 2012.

1. DallasTilIDie

DallasTilIDie New Member

Hi everyone!

New to the FulhamUSA forums, but have been on both FoF and CC in the recent months. I just moved to Dallas and was wondering if there is a FFC contingency here or not. Look forward to hearing from you all, and glad to be a part of the club!

COYW

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I believe dallasbill resides in the area...unless he's just from the area and uses that as his screenname.

We also have members scattered across Texas I think. I know of two in the San Antonio area...bit of hike for a meet-up though.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

And welcome to the site.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Dallas, glad you found us. Besides Bill I know there was member that was opening a pub in Denton (this was right before FUSA had the site hacked and was down for a long time), but not sure if he was able to get it off the ground.

5. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Welcome aboard

6. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Howdy from San Antonio. There was a fellow in Ft Worth, but haven't heard from him since the Europa final. Otherwise, Bill has mentioned attending FCD games, so he's somewhere in or around the metroplex.

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Welcome Dallas! There are at least a handful of FFC supporters that have stopped by FulhamUSA, but DallasBill seems to be the only one who posts regularly at the moment.

One guy who dropped in said he was opening this http://www.madtavern.com/ pub and that it would be a place for Fulham supporters in Dallas. Dont know if that ever happened.

8. SoCalJoe

That was the place Mo (nice memory), I wonder if he is still involved.

9. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Welcome to the site!

10. TJDallas

TJDallas New Member

Hello from Dallas

I posted on here when it was the old site about a Fulham friendly bar in the North Dallas Area. The bar did open as Mad Tavern but the owner ran it into the ground within a few months. I have now retained the site Mad Tavern for my own. The new name is going to be called Staggering Irishman. We will be a soccer pub through and through.

I'll have the abilities to showcase every EPL game via TV or Live Stream from the internet. We are also working on trying to get portable speakers for tables so that you may listen upto the first 8 games being televised at your seat.

We have a very strong relationship with FC Dallas and are part of there Pub program as well as a couple of the supporters groups away watching party pub. American Outlaws are also affiliated with the soon to open Staggering Irishman. Brek Shea is a friend of mine and will be in and out of the pub for he lives within walking distance of the location. So our ties to the soccer community are strong and look forward to showcasing all soccer from every league around the world.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Welcome back to the site. Good luck with the new bar and keep us updated on events. Hope to see some more posts!

12. SoCalJoe

Good luck in your new venture, and keep us updated on the progress. Really curious to know how the new name come about, very original. Oh, and tell Brek he's allowed only Vitamin Water or Orange Juice (and no vodka added :roll: )

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Perhaps the Staggering Irishman was inspired by Brek Shea's artwork. There's some green, what looks like a top hat there and what looks like blood and puke.
    [​IMG]

14. TJDallas

TJDallas New Member

Actually Brek will be painting a picture for the bar. If anyone is interested in a Brek Shea painting visit www.leftfootstudio.com. He does some really cool and abstract artwork.

I am going to be contacting a lot of the Dallas Fulham fans through the FC Dallas database to see if i can get some of them on here and see if I can start a north Texas suppporters group. Any help or any advice would be much appreciated.

15. SoCalJoe

Just keep what you're are doing TJ as far as getting word out on the street. Not sure how it's done, but try and add your place on soccerbars.com. Business is business so try to become 'home' of multiple supporters groups and not just the ManU, Liverpool, but there has got to be a lot of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan, etc. fans in the Dallas area.

16. TJDallas

TJDallas New Member

Funny story:
    The shopping center my bar is located in is owned by First Allied. They actually asked us to be in there and make it a Man U bar. Which I was all for, but the Man U group has been watching there soccer at another pub for over a decade. The president of the chapter was actually kind of an ass when I had mentioned the possibility of them coming over to our pub to watch Man U games.

So then i went after another group the North Texas Blues. Trust me I didn't want to but I knew some of the guys through FC Dallas. It actually worked out best for everyone. NTB and Chelsea in America's President and Founder leaves in Fort Worth and she is a pretty big deal when it comes to Chelsea FC. Some of the guys are part of the FC Dallas supporters group that we sponsor.

As for the other teams. I'd love to get Barcelona, there supporters group grew in on year over 200 people. But they found a home at another pub north of where we are, and the owner is a friend so I couldnt bring myself to steal them away like that. I've been trying to find other league supporters though i.e. AC Milan, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Celtic, Rangers, might even try some Chivas, or Club America from the Mexican leagues.

When did this Soccerbars.com come about? I've never heard of it and I feel like I should have.

17. SoCalJoe

Not sure how long soccerbars.com has been around, but first heard about it years ago on the old site when someone suggested the site when they were traveling. Would be curious to know what they charge for listing a pub.

A president of a ManUre fan club being an ASS? Now that's a shocker :roll: :lol:

Probably a smart move to reach out to Chivas, Club America fans, etc. There has to be big numbers in your area, and the Mexican Primera has game times that don't coincide with the European Leagues.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Is the General still around? Used to have the TCU Horned Frog as his avatar. He lived in DFW. He flew down to SA for the Europa League final. I picked him up at the airport and took him to the pub, Ag drove him back after the match and he flew straight home. Cool guy, although he seemed to disappear right afterwards.