Fulham Summer '06 Transfers

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ickle_monk

ickle_monk New Member

RE: Re: Boro move in for steed

i would think that 5mill for steed is a very ncie price. Considering 19 games out 38 he will play well, hes very average the rest of the time. And also considering its his last year.
    but i wish him good luck also, he did have chances to move i think.

2. christopher

christopher New Member

One thing I don't understand is that if the main reason behind Steed wanting to leave is that he wants to play for France, which is fine. But he thinks that playing for Boro, West Ham, or any other club that is similar to FFC is going to help him, it's not. He has to move to Spurs or Man U sort of club, and well, they're not interested. It's going to be some "just desserts" for Steed I think.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

West Ham is playing in the UEFA Cup. Other than that, I agree with you. I would look at this move as lateral. However, I am tired of all this. I just want to see this mess sorted out so Fulham can move on without Steed and get things in order for their own season. I do not hate Steed, I just want to see him go and go fast. This is getting really old, really fast.

4. ickle_monk

ickle_monk New Member

i reckon hes off to liverpool or newcastle, other than that, i dont think anyone will be bothered to pay £50k+ a week for him!
    i agree its getting old, because its already been like nearly 2months since it all kicked off.

5. fulhamfottier

fulhamfottier New Member

Hi peeps.

6. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Any thoughts as to when were actually going to make one of these signings? We've been linked to like 20 players by now, yet none have panned out. I'm getting a little antsy. Are we actually going to sign anyone or can I look forward to another season of Knight and Pearce/Boca at the back?

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

We are definitely going to sign some players. Whether those players are ones that will excite the supporters or not is another question. As for when, I would expect a flurry of activiety in the week or two following the World Cup.

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Collins John to Birmingham? Surely not.

According to eatsleepsport and fansfc.com, Birmingham way want to take Collins John off our hands. This must be a case of lazy journalism.

9. krhimself

krhimself New Member

...Just read the same on Skysports as well. I'd have to figure that he isn't interested in dropping down a division, though.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I do not think this transfer will happen, but I also think Collins is sick and tired of not getting consistent playing time. Whether that be his own fault for effort in training or because Coleman prefers Helguson and McBride together it does not really matter.

Collins John needs to start getting playing time each week or he will surely leave to a place where he will definitely get the time he feels he deserves. Even Birmingham....

11. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

His attitude may suck on occasion, his ethic may be lacking sometimes, but he scores 50% of the games he's on the pitch.

Its ridiculous to keep him on the bench, he's the closet thing to a skilled striker we have when it comes to feet and strikes...

BMcB and Iceman are great as far as I'm concerned, but Fulham and its fans complain about how much we need a true striker when we have one sitting on the bench.

12. BoasBoy

BoasBoy New Member

Zakuani Deal Imminent

According to Club Call and their EXCLUSIVE story, a deal is almost done for the young centerback.
    http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=235574

13. Zack

Zack New Member

RE: Zakuani Deal Imminent

Some things I love hearing about certain players coming and some I dont like hearing...but last check and August 20 isnt that far away...when is some ink going to put down to the paper and some new boys getting sized up for their Airness gear??? I know its not just Fulham, but its like all teams are treating it like income tax day!!!....can't wait till that opening weekend in August..EPL footey and a 7 a side tourney for me at Disney.....what else could anyone ask for? cough cough (the U.S. attempting to show up next Cup!!! and a top 10 Fulham finish)

and fulham till i die....

14. Zack

Zack New Member

to make my status on the site go up more...just kidding...but this will help i suppose.....is this the longest or largest amount of posts to a topic on the site...I believe this one makes 134.....soon will be catching Bonds!!! haha

piece

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Zack, I like your signature. I got a good laugh reading that.

As for your question, I would expect Fulham to really rev things up and ink some new players in the next two weeks. It is my belief that if little or no players have come in by then that Fulham is not going to get the players they originally wanted. Rather they will be stuck with leftovers. Fulham needs to be aggressive and get some new blood in soon. If the club has any aspirations of a top-ten finish this season, new players are needed.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

More FFC X-fer rumors

Over on the Offal, they're speculating that the reason that we're having a preseason w/Luton is that we're interested in Carlos Edwards w/TNT. Naturally, I watched him closely -- the only LTFC player in the WC -- and I thought he played well as a right back. He can play anywhere on the right; I think he'd be a good acquisition.

He was also involved in my first swearing at the TV when the US announcer, might have been O'Brien, said, "That's Carlos Edwards; he plays in England for Wrexham." Imagine my response. :3d devil:

Edwards for the Whites! :banana:

17. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: More FFC X-fer rumors

Oooooo...very interesting Don. I gotta look this guy up to see what he's all about.

Also, a reliable source says the following:

Zakuyi (spelling?) Orient player having a medical on Monday and will complete a £800k switch on Tuesday.

An as yet un named player also having a medical on Monday but no names given (trying to keep it hushed) so your guess is as good as mine?

Capacity going to be around 23200 next season and ticket sales are still going well at around 1200 more than this time last year.

18. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

This was over on bigsoccer
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... ory=697583

Says were in the running for Gooch with boro, Reading, Villa, and Charlton. Nothing new I know but.........

also says were in the running with Sidney Govou!, competing with Man City, predicts that we will land him

Its good to see us linked with him again. Would be a tremendous signing!

19. Zack

Zack New Member

Just got back from Pirates of the Caribbean...WOW is that long....but before heading to bed.....saw

Fulham are ready to hijack Reading's swoop for Ghana World Cup midfielder John Mensah. (Various)

Just wondering if he will rip the heart out of other prem teams for us, like he and his team did to me on the U.S. last game.......if he does come in and does good things...then he's A-O-K by me....

:banana:

20. ickle_monk

ickle_monk New Member

Apparantly, on the radio and in teh newspaper yesterday, it saysthat Malbranque rejected the chance to join West Ham because they offered him less than £40k when he wanted £50k, so Coleman has told him to rot in the reserves and has just sent him on pre-season tour of Austria with the Juniors and the Reserves where they are not staying in a nice hotel, but a youth Hostel, lol