Fulham Summer '06 Transfers

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Lua Lua and Taylor

Watching the World Cup from a Fulham supporters perspective, I have been keeping my eyes open for some players that we could possibly afford and bring in to Craven Cottage. With Steed Malbranque on his way out, we are going to need a right winger and today watching Croatia play Brazil, I saw a 25-year-old for Croatia named Dario Srna. He is quick, he crosses well, has loads of energy and has a desire from what I have read to play in a bigger league.

He currently plays for Shakthar Donetsk. I was very impressed with Srna. I have no clue how much he would cost to bring him over, but it is worth looking into.

Have there been some other players you feel could help Fulham that are realistic targets?

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Lua Lua and Taylor

Taylor wanted to come until he found out we didn't want him yet (ie Bridge) so then he stayed with Pompey. With the amount of money Portsmouth have for the transfer market, both Lua Lua and Taylor are going to be 2nd choice...you think Lua Lua would start infront Defoe if them sign him...I think now.

If they both want to come to London, its slim pickings and we can offer a good amount of money and a beautiful place to live. Who wants to live in or around Charlton, Reading, Watford or West Ham...not me!!

3. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Re: RE: Lua Lua and Taylor

Vikash Dhorasoo of France and PSG. He came on late and looked great for France. On a side note I'm trying to picture a Indian guy with a French accent. Not really a common combination.

4. americanmike

Latest Transfer Rumors

Fulham are set to bid £1m for Portsmouth defender Matthew Taylor in a four-year deal. (Daily Express)

Fulham linked to Eagle midfielder Ben Watson

Crystal Palace Manager Peter Taylor has a number of issues to resolve as he settles into his new position at Palace.

None more pressing however is the growing speculation surrounding the future of Palace's young midfielder Ben Watson. (From Clubcall)

Fulham are lining up a shock move for veteran French World Cup star Lilian Thuram of Juventus. If we get Thuram, lol, that would be quality (The Sun)

DISCUSS

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Latest Transfer Rumors

Good to see the Board getting back to some meat and potatoes topics. Hell, good to see th board back at all. Wow, that was tough to manage the few days (months?) without FulhamUSA.

O.K., obviously there is quite a bit of talent to be had out there, but I am going to stick to some Yanks that may be able to help our Whites:

1) Onyewu - I get the feeling Mike is not all that impressed, but I honestly think our big guy is still very much worth a serious bid. He would add a certain disposition, along with his physicality and skill, to the backfield. And after last year, it should come as a surprise to no one that that is a need.

2) Dempsey - Obviously he opened alot of doors for himself by showing a different dimension to the U.S. game, only part of that dimension being the ability to bury a wicked cracker in the back of the net. Problem with this idea, too flashy for Fulham. He belongs with a club more like.... Portsmouth?

3) Johnson - I don't know, Eddie was just o.k. really. Seems like he needs to add a little more ball control to his repetoire.

4) Bocanegra - What, what, what? You say. Yes he is on Fulham's team, but for goodness sakes, can he be on the field for the games already? Despite the horrible idea of clearing the ball to the midfield against Ghana (leading to the infamous "foul" and PK), he played quite well. I am impressed. Now let's get him some more PT, please.

Besides that, not a whole lot to crow about. Jimmy Conrad is kind of an afterthought, but may be worth some consideration also. More importantly, make a/some bloody move(s) already Fulham. Time is wasting, and Man. U. is here before we know it.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Gotta get Onyewu. Most of the "fouls" he committed during the tourney wouldn't get a nod in the Prem. I like Dempsey also.

And hey, I thought that Taylor had stated that he wasn't interested in FFC. Whazzup?

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I still want Onyewu as well. I guess him not having the best World Cup will actually bode well for Fulham. I am hoping we can grab him in the next few weeks.

8. americanmike

Re: RE: Latest Transfer Rumors

Not true PCB, Onyewu, while not having the best of performances at the world cup, truly was unlucky when it came down to the ref's calls and other defensmen/midfielders being out of position which ended up in Gooch getting caught off guard. For example, the 'penalty' and also the Reyna debacle.

I say it only once, I'm convinced Fulham should go for Onyewu. :wow:

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Latest Transfer Rumors

I just read on T-F-I.com that West Ham is rumoured to be unveiling Steed as a new signing tomorrow. This move does not surprise me as West Ham will be competing in the UEFA Cup this season and Steed will still get to stay in London. Rumour had it that his wife was not too keen to move to a place like Liverpool or Newcastle.

I have no source other than the T-F-I site, but it seems logical to me. We will soon find out.

Whether he goes to West Ham or not, it is very evident that he will not be back at Fulham next season.

10. americanmike

Swedish CB to Fulham

From Skysports.com:

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Swedish CB to Fulham

Does anyone know anything about this guy?

12. ickle_monk

ickle_monk New Member

RE: Swedish CB to Fulham

never heard of him myself... but id rather get someone estblished than an up-and-coming.

13. tibor

tibor New Member

I agree. He's big, physical, and doesn't get intimidated by the opposition or the refs. How many fouls did he have against Italy but kept on getting after it? From what I've been reading, he sounds like somebody Fulham needs. He was by far the biggest surprise to me watching the US play in this World Cup, I became a big fan of his quickly.

14. ickle_monk

ickle_monk New Member

i think we shoudlgo after that Kali bloke playing for Angola, he was awesome in their games.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm loving this kind of talk. I been pitching Gooch since March. Hey, wait a minute, we aren't the FFC board! :shock:

16. BoasBoy

BoasBoy New Member

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Latest Transfer Rumors

Not sure why we would be after Sol. It is my belief that his best days are behind him. He might be a decent center-back for another year, but I think we could find someone else at a cheaper wage and cheaper to buy. Who knows though. If the price was right it might not be bad. I just can't see Arsenal giving him up for any less than 5-8 million pounds and then his weekly wages would be massive for a club like Fulham.

18. americanmike

Boro move in for steed

Looks as if 'Boro is going in for Steed with a 5 million pound bid.

If he moves up north, this will be a side ways move at best. Seriously, he should be in the top 4 and to go to a place like boro is laughable.

If we could get 5 million pounds for him when he only has a year left on his contract and he agrees terms, then we definitely should take advantage of it. I love having Steed on the team but if he doesn't want to be in Fulham then we MUST get some cash.

From Sporting life:
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football/pr ... MHD=fulham

19. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Boro move in for steed

Yep, 5 million pounds looks delicious!

Bye Steed. Have fun playing for that mess of a 'Boro team and their Frosh coach.

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: Boro move in for steed

I completely agree with you on this one Mike. Five million pounds is a lot of cash that if used wisely could get us a few more solid players in addition to the five to seven million we already have to spend.

As much as I like Steed and appreciate what he has done for the club, I would just as soon see him leave and get this whole ordeal over with. It is getting old day after day and we all know he is not coming back to Fulham so get it over with and let's get on with things. Good luck to Steed and all, except against Fulham!