Fulham Summer '06 Transfers

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Feb 16, 2006.

1. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Transfer window

Midnight BST 7.00pm est

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Midnight in England which would be 7PM on the East Coast and 6PM here in Chicago.

3. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I think at midnight.

4. DCDave

DCDave Member

Thank you. I especially appreciate everybody responding at one time (with 2 minutes of each other), and even better, with the same answer!

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Well, its the last day of the transfer window and nothing concrete has happened and I will warn those who are new, not to get their hopes up. I'm not saying that nothing will happen for us but my guess is we will send Steed out and get one player in.

Unfortunately, Steed hasn't been sold yet and we need that money to do anything. I will stick to what I said in a previous thread and say that our most important position is at Right Midfield/Winger. A centerback and striker would be nice but not likely with only 15 hours to go!

Its all very, very FULHAMISH. Chins up and COYW's

6. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Unfortunately, I think Mike is correct. Unless something big has been in the pipeline and they are just getting the papers in order then I can't imagine we will see much today from Fulham. Let's cross our fingers for January!

7. DCDave

DCDave Member

The official site has announced that Steed has joined Spurs and that we have gotten Routledge on a season-long loan. The money they got for Steed was not announced.

8. SCFulhamFan

9. SCFulhamFan

10. DCDave

DCDave Member

From Steve B on TFI (who I have heard is a relaible source):

As we now know......Steed gone for £2.3m and Routledge on loan for 12 months with an option to buy at £2m in May. Steed to be paid £50k a week after initially refusing £38k per week......we accepted a reduction from a price of circa £3m that we wanted from Spuds to secure/finalise the deal. Wayne had his medical yesterday and all was waiting on Steed to agree......at last !!

--------------------------

The good thing for us is the option to buy Routledge in May. If he's really good, he stays with us, if not, he goes back to Spurs.

11. DCDave

DCDave Member

So is Routledge the attacking right midfielder we were looking for?

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Routledge is the attacking midfielder on the right side we were looking for. He is 21 and is very pacey. He is a bit small and needs to get stronger, but as they say, you can't beat what you can't catch.

13. americanmike

I think Routledge will be a good deal and is definitely the right winger we needed, IMO. Now the question remains, does this money from Steed go towards a player today??

I surely hope so, but only if he is someone we've been after and not a panic buy.

I'm ecstatic that the Steed saga is over (as many of you are) but in the end I support FULHAM, and not the individual players or even the manager.

COYW's

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I'm tired of the Steed saga, alright... but I'm MORE tired of the kicking he's getting, e.g.; "Greed".

Get over it, everyone... everything worked out right.

- - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -

CHEERS, Mikey!
    [​IMG]

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Even if we don't sign anyone else today...I'm satisfied, but not ecstatic. I would love a quality CB for Fulham by the end of the day.

16. americanmike

Now, there must be motivation for this move because as of right now, I don't know whats going on. Completely under the radar.

Just popped up on Sky Sports news:

Fulham sign Croation Goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa

17. martin

martin New Member

I'm happy the Steed mess is finally sorted. I don't even hate Spurs, so I hope he does well over there.

Routledge will help. I was concerned that it was only a loan, but the "option to buy" deal clears that up.

We still have a few hours to sign Gooch...

18. BC

BC New Member

I'm glad to see us pick up a good right winger! I think it was probably the best we could do under the circumstances. We'll be lucky to get anyone else at this late hour but I bet we can nab Gooch in the mid-season transfer window.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

This is definitely a net gain. We weren't using Steed, and Routledge is a proven right side attacking midfielder. I've seen him several times, but he didn't register to me one way or the other. If we can't turn the money around before January, that's okay. I think we're better off, and that Cookie did us a good turn.

COYW!!!

20. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Well I'd rather have a CB this seems like a good move. I like how they have the option to buy already built into the deal. As for the goalkeeper, thats very strange were already very loaded in the GK area.