Fulham @ Portsmouth

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, May 4, 2008.

1. Terrier4FFC

Terrier4FFC New Member

I hate to be a downer, but Sky Sports is running a story that essentially says that Redknapp is doing no favors for Fulham. He says it would be unfair to other teams in the relegation fight not to field his strongest team. I say, victory will only taste the sweeter.

COYW!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, Terrier, FulhamUSA is running a thread saying that Redknapp can choke on his words Saturday about 5 pm British Summer Time.

It's clobbering time; let's do it!

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

To further highlight TFFC's point, Pompey has lost 3 in a row, they won't want to lose 4 heading into the FA Cup final.

I say tough S*** Harry, you'll get nothing and like it!

4. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Last week, Harry said he would rest players, this week he says he's playing a full-strength squad. I don't believe much of anything he says, but even if he does play a full-strength squad, I can't imagine Pompey players treating the game as anything more than a friendly. They'll want to stay sharp for the Cup final, and not get injured.

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

[[/quote]
    Last week, Harry said he would rest players, this week he says he's playing a full-strength squad. I don't believe much of anything he says, but even if he does play a full-strength squad, I can't imagine Pompey players treating the game as anything more than a friendly. They'll want to stay sharp for the Cup final, and not get injured.[/quote]

One of the Brum fans at our bar last weekend told me something that rang pretty true. In his thick Birmingham accent, he said that a rule of footballers is that they don't want to spend their summer at the beach with a cast on their leg.

6. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I'm hoping RH is a thinker like me and realizes a tie does nothing for our cause as we cannot expect Derby to tie or beat Reading.

I'm saying we go for absolute broke and go in kicking and screaming like mad men. I'm all about a 3 man front with McBride, Nevland (gotta love his composure) and Kamara all up there running the Pompey defense ragged. If we remember, our last game against Portsmouth wasn't that great because they have big defenders who nulled McBride's aerial prowess. So I say we go at them on the ground with our speed and shooting!

But again ... that's just me and what I would do if I was looking at the barrel of a proverbial gun. I imagine he will start off with a 4-4-2 and move to a 4-3-3 in the second half if we need some goals. That I do believe will happen at the least.

7. BarryP

BarryP New Member

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I believe this is the link for Setanta's channel in England, not in America. As of this morning this match will be shown on tape delay at 12PM ET/11AM CT.

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

As the Brits say, "squeaky bum time". :3d nervous:

10. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Maybe we can get the Broadband feed.

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Kamara got a start, I think it's about time Nevland did as well.

12. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Sorry about that. Does this make me a premature poster :oops: !

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I remember throwing out the analogy a couple of months ago when the team was cut adrift that the rescue ship was sailing off into the horizon and the team was stuck on a raft and were either going to come together or turn into cannibals. I think it was Nevzter who came up w/something along the lines of 'they'll come together, and they can start by eating Baird' (still makes me laugh).

Anyway the squad have worked their arses off and somehow their hands are on the ladder of the rescue ship. Will they pull themselves up or drop to the sharks?

It won't be easy, I'll probably need to buy an over-the-counter defibrilator, but at the end of the day the escape will be complete.

14. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Ehh, I like Nevland as a closer.

And I gotta say....I'm worried about this one.

15. LOBO

LOBO New Member

Agree about Nevland. Also, I think Kamara is better suited as a sub than a starter. His pace is most effective against the opposition's defense late in a match.

I am also worried, but cautiously optimistic...

16. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

God, it's only Wednesday? As Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Steve, I clicked onto the thread to say the same thing. I'm finding it hard to stay seated and focused, and it's only Wednesday. Or is it the caffeine!?!

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Great minds think alike Don. Soon, you'll be voting for McCain and endorsing conservative viewpoints.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You never know. With McCain at least we'll get conservative viewpoints -- not just intrusive big government bankruptcy that's CALLED conservative. But let's not hijack! :3d laughing:

COYW! 8)

20. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Nah then you have to move McBride out. No can do. Works his ass off both ways and lets not forget this is the guy who scored not only the lone goal against Everton, but the first goal at Reading, and the first goal against Birmingham. It dosen't get any bigger than that. We know McBride will show up the same can't be said of the others. I say keep Nevland as a closer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone know how Setanta will handle this. Say I walk into the pub ten minutes before the game starts they're not going to be showing highlights of all three games as part of the ManU post game are they? And will the announcers who have ovbiously called the game live despite being shown on delay keep us a breast of the other scores in the other two games?