Fulham Non coverage

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by AtlantaJohn, Dec 23, 2008.

1. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Having supported Fulham for many years, and grown up in London, I am fully aware of the obvious bias towards our team. But this weekend I thought it hit a new high or low whichever one you want.

From reading the UK web site it seems that MOTD was not much better a 60 second appearance at the end of the show, but I watched Setanta last night Football matters they did at least mention us, but we were the only team that did not have any fans in the audience.

Then I watched FSC report last night, they showed the highlights of the games they had the rights to, then they said here are the rest of the results, Big sam does it again goes to a new team and wins, then its Tony Adams in trouble at Pompey, they then skip the Fulham game completely and say that the Hotspurs lose to Newcastle.

Now you just have to see it to believe the bias, Fulham are now 8th, not beaten in 7 games, and not all of those games were against bottom clubs, we have a game in hand albeit at Man U, but if we would happen to win that we would be in front of Everton, all I can say to the media you are unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

continued bias...
    Sunday Mail (National weekend newspaper) of the 5 prem games played last saturday. 4 games were given a 2 page spreads plus stats.
    Guess which team was given 1 collum (on the edge of the paper)
    yep Fulham (which was all about Bullard leaving and no match report!)
    Even Birmingham v Reading got a 2 page spread.

thats bias, why... I can only think its something to do with Al Fayed (well at least in that newspaper)

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

AJ, for those of us who don't pay for Setanta it's been a struggle this season. The exodus of all the yanks except for Deuce has had an effect on the FSC schedule. At least they're showing the Chelscum live.

4. Bradical

Bradical Member

I got bothered by the same treatment. I've been watching FSC all week and they've been completely ignoring the Whites. We got a brief mention on Fox Football Phone In, once as an afterthought for a UEFA spot, and then again when someone was insinuating that the Chelsea match would be boring.

I've been very puzzled by some of the broadcasting decisions by FSC this season. I just may have to plunk down for Setanta.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly from yesterday on FSC.

The Good; Fulham gets the match of the day slot on the Review show. How great was it to see the Scum fans reaction in the background to Clint celebrating the first goal in front of them? As the credits rolled Demps' second was the last shot seen.

The Bad; on the Report just when they were going over teams w/Bobby McMahon the anchor says he wants talk about Fulham, but they've 'run out of time, maybe we can talk about them on Friday'.

The Ugly; After the Chelski match FSC shows an upcoming fixture list for both teams (5 or 6 matches) Fulham will be on once, and the blue poo will be shown every match but once.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

A little perspective. Those of us who watched FSC's Super Sunday Plus show were treated to several good words about FFC and Hodgson. Both Costigan and Barton were complimentary about the squad and the way we play.

A little more perspective. I don't think that the Americans leaving Fulham is the reason why FSC is showing us less. Why do I think that? Well, because if I did, then logic would dictate that this is the reason why Setanta is showing us more. Hands up anyone who thinks Setanta is featuring FFC more because we have fewer yanks this season.

I think that when the schedule got divvied up, FSC got an inordinate amount of Spurs and Newcastle matches and Setanta got an inordinate amount of FFC matches. Just the way it all shook out.

Now, I DO believe that the treatment we get in the British national press -- and possibly on MOTD -- is directly related to their reaction to MAF and the whole Diana saga.

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Although he's got a great footy mind overall, when it comes to Fulham Bobby McMahon can be a moppet.

Look no further than this year's predictions: he had us relegated.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Whenever a team has just scraped by two seasons in a row, that team is -- logically -- a good call for relegation the next season.

9. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Well, I think the coverage has been picking up lately. On Fox Fone In last night, they were quite up on Fulham. They were grading each team and Cohen gave us a B+ and Nick gave us an A, and said he thought Hodgson was the Manager of the year.

In addition, there was FINALLY a Fulham fan on Football Matters last night after weeks without one.....maybe never. Interesting, it has been an all male live audience and this week there was a grandmother in her mid to late 50's on the show, and it turns out she was the Fulham fan. Pretty funny really. She got an interview, said nothing really remarkable but came off nice. I also echo Don's comments, Costigan and Barton were quite favorable on Sunday Plus to Fulham, while I think the host still hates us. hehe

I missed McMahon last night, but he seems to have come around on Fulham of late as well.

Fulham can no longer be ignored and it is clear if you thought it was flukey, you can't think that anymore and be intellectually honest.

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I will continue not to care what the British press muppets are saying as long as Setanta and FSC keep broadcasting the matches and I can see the White's with my own two eyes.

11. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Yeah - I have Setanta (It is 9.99 by the way and not 15 as I said in another thread) and FSC, and I can only remember one match not being televised so far this season.

They need to get on the stadium and put more people in the stands.