Fulham @ ManCity (R)

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Apr 22, 2008.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

OMG OMG OMG

I watched the rebroadcast not knowing the result, and like everyone else at 2-nil I was thinking what life would be like in the CCC next year and wondering who would stay and who would go. ESpercially in the first 20-25 minutes of the second half where Citeh ran us around at their leisure.

After the first goal, I was hopeful, it wasn't a thing of beauty but they all count the same, and Murphy's penalty kick... And Kamara's second, a fantastic goal... Holy Cow, that just blew me away.

Murphy, with his pass to Kamara and his increased degree of difficulty penalty kick, is going to turn my stomach into overcooked linguini.

Hart was just phenomenal, City's best player on the pitch. FIVE TIMES he just robbed us, including Murphy's PK.

As Mo said, if I left three coherent words on my voice mail, it was purely by coinidence. I can't wait to see FC Lazarus kick the Brummies all over the pitch next week.

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I have a question -- I just watched Sun's penalty on Murphy again, and honestly think we got a break there. I thought it was two guys going for the ball and no foul was committed. I think we got a well earned break on that one -- does anyone agree with me? Does anyone think I am full of nonsense?

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

If the penalty was given against us I would have felt hard done by.

I love the Paul Merson video on the front - he is a star.

I was at a party from 2pm 'till 2am - I didn't know the score until a mate phoned (a Chelsea fan) any screamed down the phone at me we had just scored a third. He was excited as me! I had to wait until the 2:30 rerun to watch it - I was shattered and drunk - it was great.

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Amazing amazing amazing match. I've yet to see it, waiting for the full match replay, but from Gentleman Jim's excitement and cries of joy I can't wait.

I had no idea the third goal was scored until GJ stopped screaming/crying. No clue if the shot was blocked or went into the back of the net.

Many are unaware of this fact, but Fulham's scoring was based on Terri's presence/lack of presence in the chatroom this past weekend. She left Fulham scored, she returned and then left again Fulham scored the equalizer. Then on her final return to the chatroom she was instructed to leave with 5 minutes remaining, which she did, and FULHAM SCORED. Thanks for the contribution Terri.

I can't wait for next weekend's match. What could stop us now...

COYW's

5. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Yesterday

Over the past few months there as been a lot of discussion about what it means to be a Fulham fan, well all I can say is yesterday, how can you top that. The elite of the premiership can never top that, they expect to win games like that easily.

Whatever the outcome over the next two games, and we all know there is a lot of work still to do, and we need help, this team as at least given us one great memory for this season, and I would say a game to remember way after this season is long over.

Kellers save in the last few moments before we got the winner was priceless and might well go down as one of the greatest saves a Fulham keeper as ever made, if things pan out for us over the next two games.

I have to admit as given up yesterday, I was on the sporting life web site and at 10.25am and already of course we were down by two goals, and I said to my wife that Fulham will probably be relegated today, there was a sort of relief in a way like someone put out of their misery. I had some errands to run and came back around 11.30am and the bookies were offering 50/1 against Fulham at that time, my granddaughters had their soccer game at 12.00 and being the coach i at to attend, but left with the resignation that if the results elsewhere were bad we were down, and also at that time Brum were winning 2 - 1.

I came home at 1.30 and my son who is I am sad to say a united fan, had left a message on my phone at 11.58am, he never does that, and it simply said did you see the Fulham score, I must admit to feeling they had lost 5 - 0 or something and relegated, but when i tried to get on the Fulham site in the uk, it must have been so busy that i could not get on, at that point I must admit to feeling a little optimistic, and then when i went to the Sporting life web site, I saw the headline that Fulham had given their chances of survival a major boost, I thought well we must have come back to get a draw, but when I saw the result, I honestly thought I was dreaming, priceless.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

It was something along the lines of "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!"

I'd love to hear an audio clip of that again - it was a moment of sheer joy.

7. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I have been on a 48 hour bender visiting old college friends in Chicago and finally was able to catch the highlights (while detoxing tonight) not knowing what happened in the game.

WOWZA!!!!!!

8. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Yeah...Chicago will do that to ya...

9. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Glad to hear that your parents had such a wonderful experience Mike!

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i need a clean pair of shorts! i'm chapped cuz I bought my first house and have no internet yet and no tv, so had no idea what happened til that evening when i went to my brothers house, hence the need for the clean pair of drawers after seeing the result and highlights. I think i'll just get some diapers before this weeks match.

11. LOBO

LOBO New Member

The miracle begins...

Cottagers go into the second half with guns blazing and pull out the rug from under Man City.

Next week's fixture will be a true test to determine which team truly desires premiership status.

COYW!

12. jmh

jmh New Member

TMI!

13. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Fulham v. Man City

Here is a youtube highlight film of the match. I was thinking about how ridiculously exciting it was. At 65 minutes we are getting our ass kicked and I am thinking about who stays and who goes. 25 minutes later, I had to be peeled off the ceiling with a squeegee and WD-40.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks, Steve. It is amazing when watching this 5-goal thriller just how great the goalkeeping was on BOTH sides. Keller's save from Petrov and Hart's save from Healy were save-of-the-year-candidate quality. As a matter of fact, Hart, despite giving up three goals, was stunning in goal the whole match.

What I remember most about this match was having to leave the chatroom and pack up to go to a musical fundraiser at about 60 minutes. The CR was sepulchral when I left. It must have been bananas in the last 20 minutes.

Man, I am ready for Hull City away!

15. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

You ain't kidding about the goaltending -- Hart was larcenous and Keller saved our bacon after Murphy's goal a few times. Not too many 5 goal games like that!

Sepulchral?!?! Don's busting out the 10 dollar words!

16. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Just showed this clip to my young son. The indoctrination begins...

I had forgotten abouit how great Hart's save was on Healy -- wow, what a play...

Wow how exciting. And I hope never to be in that desperate a position with Fulham again.

17. Bradical

Bradical Member

My favorite soccer moment ever, period. Also, that was the game week that I joined FUSA (sniff).

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I was going to give this a pass .,. and then I remembered the brunette with the cell phone. You only get a glimpse of her after our equalizer. Don't know why we didn't get the extended look in this version.

This is a match that Fulham fans will be talking about for 25 years. A wonderful way to catch Footie disease, Bradical.

19. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Uh oh, is our grizzled old man expressing emotions of love?!? :shock:

20. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Hey, she by herself makes watching the clip worthwhile!

She's certainly easier on the eyes than Danny Murphy.