Fulham @ ManCity (R)

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Apr 22, 2008.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Guitar string the Don up by by his wee, strumming pinkies!!!!

2. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Thanks!

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

The pass from Murphy to Kamara on the third goal was a thing of beauty!

4. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Ok, I just watched the match in it's entirety and we created a lot of scoring opportunities and again did a nice job of controlling the midfield. It is amazing how when you KNOW good things are coming, you don't pick apart the little mistakes and dog them for lack of inspiration, as I did in the chat room during the first half. They did seem a little sluggish in the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half, but they continued to PLAY in the first half, even though they were down. What a comeback! I AM fired up!

5. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

No it doesn't...I love the reaction of the away support...three great goals...am I still drunk from last night or was that game really on ESPN...wish I got that ESPN instead of the one showing dog shows...

6. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Can't stop watching those highlights...that ball by Murphy to Kamara for the third goal has been worth keeping him in the line-up...okay penalty, good save by Hart, but even better by Murphy to follow it up...

...Oh yeah, the finish by Kamara on that last goal, "AMAZING" as the announcer said, class, and clutch...

UP FULHAM!!!!!

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

For some reason you could feel that Fulham was gonna win after the Kamara goal. Then Murphy scored and I thought we might pull out another goal within the next 5 minutes. I must say, that I was fucking nervous after the 90th minute ticked by the the 91st and then the 92nd was going by. I thought that we were gonna draw. Then Murphy had the ball and the entire apartment complex could hear me scream "Release Kamara!" "RELEASE KAMARA!". He did release him and what a goal that was. I thought I was gonna blow out my vocal cords. What a game.

This is the only time I've said this and I really believe it. WE ARE STAYING UP!

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

so i saw the results like 5 minutes ago...

...and i'm still laughing hysterically.

YES!!!!!!

9. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

I farted really loudly when I first saw the score line...

...but that's because I went to Chipotle before the game quickdraw.

10. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

full highlights: http://www.mediafire.com/?vtlc14zymox

although today was GLORIOUS and we're back within attainable safety...

how bumming is it that bolton, reading, and brum all drew? whatevs, we'll take 3 more next week.

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yes Belle, dreams really can come true.

12. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I was too stuborn to turn off the damn audio this morning and for once it payed off! Kamara has it out for Citeh(recall that bicycle :wow: ) for sure. Best win since Chelslea I figure, maybe better if it keeps us up. And on the road two times in a row!

So heres where we stand...

Bolton.......................33...................................-20
    Reading....................32....................................-28
    -------------------------------------------
    Birmingham...............32 ..................................-17
    Fulham....................30...............................-25

Bolton v Sunderland
    Chelsea v Bolton

Reading v Spurs
    Derby v Reading

Fulham v B'ham
    B'ham v Blackburn

Fulham v B'ham
    Portsmouth v Fulham

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Okay, I've watched the match twice now - once on the computer and then at a pub. Here are some random thoughts and memories.

The whites were great, they did not give up ever.

The fans too.

The boys played great from the start, ManCity just capitalized their early chances - sort of thing that happens when you have world class strikers.

When we were down 2-0 at the 60th minute Woy was breaking my heart. He looked desperate, like George Bailey at Martini's bar when he prayed to God. Oh Woy I am so happy for you!

Hart was simply amazing. Even if Bullards direct kick had been on target, Hart may have stopped it. He was 4 ft in the air horizontal. I hope he is England's #1.

Keller was no slouch either.

Murphy's penalty was not good at all but he made up for it on the rebound and with the most sublime assist to Kamara.

the last 7 minutes was like watching a basketball game, they were up and down the pitch at an amazing pace. I've never seen anything like it. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I've watched it twice and I still cant believe it.

Chatroom was great as I said before. SteveM19 watched it at a pub and left a message on my machine. he was so excited after watching the game that I couldnt understand a word he said. Steve if this is your niece's actual birthday you need to tell her someday about this game.

What a match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COYW!!!!!!!

14. psand22

psand22 Member

One hell of a come back... I just hate that I missed the 2nd half. Two games left and we have something to believe in. Oh, to be at the Cottage next weekend...and yes, I will have another London Pride.

15. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

All of your commentary is well appreciated, yet those in the chat room know I was, indeed, the 12th man :D!!!

I did not get pissed...but I played Rock Band for the first time ever and scored 90% on Hard...so I guess today was my day for good mojo!

And RENT didn't suck!

Bring on the Brummies!
    COME ON YOU WHHHIIIIIITES!

16. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Wow, wow, wow. I thought Reading was awesome and then this?! Dragged my parents all the way up there with no expectations other than it would be great to give my parents their first away match experience. At halftime, I lost all hope, like we all did, but have to say that we created chances in the first half so that was encouraging.

Then the 2nd half. I couldn't believe it. I nearly fainted after Kamara scored, I literally had to sit down for a minute. My parents had tears in there eyes and all the Fulham fans were giving it to the Citeh fans next to us. All game the Citeh fans were 'taking the piss' and ooohhh did we make up for it after we won. Unbelievable. I'm still grinning.

What a game and what a time for a comeback.

What was Gentleman Jim like after the third goal? And honestly, how many of you left the chatroom at 2-0 down?!?!

17. BC

BC New Member

I'll have to admit I didn't even watch or listen to the match, such was my despair at Fulham's situation. I've certainly learned a lesson! Fulhamish, fulhamish, fulhamish. I should have known...

Great win! It will still take a miracle to stay up but at least the last two matches will be worth watching.

18. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Terri, thanks for the WIN! Had checked in w/game and we were down 2-0. When I came to FUSA site this a.m. and saw Mike's article I thought it must be a fantasy article. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
    SO DARN HAPPY!
    UP FULHAM!

19. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

I'm guilty because I thought the chatroom was unlucky so I followed soccernet.

20. hawkfan_08

hawkfan_08 New Member

I deserve to be beaten. I was watching the match on the computer and the channel I was watching went down pretty much right before the first Kamara goal. I just shut it off assuming we were done. I did not even look until right now at 11:30 Sunday morning to see the outcome. What a comeback and I regret not trying to stick with it.