Fulham in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by mjbelkin, Aug 13, 2007.

1. mjbelkin

mjbelkin New Member

Hi guys fulham fan in milwaukee. I'm stoked for the season and excited to see mcbride with the C

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Welcome to the forum. Great group of Fulham supporters and the admins have done a wonderful job constructing the site. Glad to have another Fulham supporter aboard.

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

welcome mj....what kind of support does soccer have in Wisconsin? Are there any professional teams that ply their trade there from the A-league, or PDL?

4. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Welcome, glad to have another member from the upperhalf (the better half) of the midwest. I was sort of around your area this weekend, Road America, for the Champ Car Race.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome mjbelkin! Nice to have another Fulham supporter close by. How did you start supporting Fulham and where did you find FulhamUSA.com? Anyways, welcome aboard and go Fulham!

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Welcome Belkin...good to have you.

7. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Re: RE: Fulham in Milwaukee

Milwaukee used to have a USL team, Milwaukee Rampage, which was actually Brian McBride's first pro team. At some point, they merged with an indoor team and became Milwaukee Wave United, but they dropped the outdoor team in 2002. Hasn't been much since, though there is an effort currently to get an MLS expansion team.

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

thanks for the info Richard...for your sakes I hope they get one.

9. mjbelkin

mjbelkin New Member

this is absolutley correct, our indoor team, the wave merged with the rampage. we also have 2 NPSL teams in wisconsin the 56ers and bavarians, both on top of the NPSL midwest division.

10. mjbelkin

mjbelkin New Member

Yeah, I went up there too. We were camping. sweet weather on saturday night :?

11. mjbelkin

mjbelkin New Member

I picked fulham at the end of last season because I'm a big dueces fan plus they had mcbride as well so it seemed like a no brainer, especially with all the moves they made in the offseason. I'm excited and I feel like we have a good team thats going to surprise some people this season. I listen to WSD everyday at work and howard mentioned fulhamusa during his constant barrage of shit spewing about our boys being relegated this season so I thought I'd check it out and here I am.

12. mcwarrior31

mcwarrior31 New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham in Milwaukee

Welcome mj! I am also a Milwaukee based Whites fan. Where abouts are you in the city?

13. mjbelkin

mjbelkin New Member

I'm on the eastside, a UWM Student

14. alongwayfromcravencottage

alongwayfromcravencottage New Member

Hi Mj and McW,
    I also live in Milwaukee (well just north...Glendale area)
    Glad to hear there are a few Fulham fans around the area.
    So MJ mentioned why he supports the Mighty Whites...what about you McWarrior? Whats your story...always interested to hear why people support Fulham.
    Hope to hear back from you guys and maybe even meet up for a beer or two sometime.
    By the way, if you've ever seen a little black car driving around with the WI license plate 'FULHAM' then thats me !!!
    See ya

15. mcwarrior31

mcwarrior31 New Member

My support for Fulham began with the signing of McBride. He has been my favorite US player for some time now. I didn't really get into following a particular EPL or Europe based team until I got to college in '97 and even then I had not made up my mind as who to follow. When the blue collar workhorse that is McBride joined Fulham I did some research on the Club. Since I grew up a Cubs fan I could see many similarities between the two, so I threw my full support behind the lads and have never looked back. However, I did change my baseball following to the Brewers as a result of the improper management of a certain large newspaper corporation.

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I think we need to have a Chicago/Milwaukee get together for an upcoming match. Any chance either of you would want to come down to Chicago and watch a match at a pub?

17. alongwayfromcravencottage

Other than this weekend, i'm free. So pick a date, put the word out, see how much interest you get and I'll make sure I can make it. Would be great to finally meet some other Fulham fans over here

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

After this weekend our next TV match is on the 7th of October and that day is not good for me.

That being said, we will have to wait until November. I am quite certain the Liverpool game on the 10th of November will be on as well as maybe the Reading match on November 3rd. One of those might be good.

19. alongwayfromcravencottage

Both work for me....just let me know of the final date and location that you decide upon.....

Hopefully by then we'll be sitting a little higher in the table than we are now!!!

20. mcwarrior31

mcwarrior31 New Member

The 3rd of November may work for me just need the OK from the boss. Otherwise I would not be available until the new year since I have to work most weekends.