Fulham @ Hull City START YOUR ENGINES!!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by nmancini04, Aug 11, 2008.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Another thought on Pantsil. He is an exciting player, loves to get forward and isn't scared to take players one on one. While that is all well and good, I don't think he is the right type of player for the RB position at this moment in time. We have a somewhat shaky defence and a player like him runs the risk of going forward and getting caught out. WITH THAT SAID, he came up to the away end at the end of the game and clapped all of us...respect.

Dave, we need a defensive midfielder in the team but thing is we have one in Andreason! The problem is who do you drop to bring in a dominant DM??? Murphy or Bullard. It's a tough call.

Finally, I love you all because you love Fulham. COYWs

2. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Actually JMH, I've had alot of good things to say about this team. However, this match was horrible to watch and if this was any other team other than Hull I wouldn't be as disappointed. Unlike many of you lot, I have ambitions. Ambitions that don't include getting pounded by Hull City.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

that's true, 24. Everyone else but you gets up each morning hoping and praying we'll get hammered by Hull City.

4. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

I don't even know what this means.

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Belle, don't be such a stranger -- good to see you again.

6. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I just quit worrying about what it means. Less headaches that way! 8)

7. americanmike

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on this board. So what you are saying is that many people here want to see Fulham lose to Hull city?

Or are you trying to say you want Fulham to do better than other people here want Fulham to do?

Or that you want Fulham to never lose to Hull city?

Or you want a bacon, egg and cheese, on a roll with SPK?

8. jmh

jmh New Member

I don't know what SPK is (probably some weird English thing :lol: ) but I only had a banana for breakfast and bacon, egg and cheese on a roll sounds very good, with or without SPK.

9. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Hmmm, so we lack ambition. FFC24, lets try to remember we're all in the same boat here. We all want Fulham to excel in the league, but you have to view the match in light of the circumstances surrounding it. By all means we could have won the match, but Hull were up for it and made the most of their chances. Plus, with it being their first ever premier match it meant the world to them. Couple that with our poor away form and it was written in the stars Fulham could disappoint.

First match of the season, lets not begin calling out other supporters.

10. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I'm not the one who started calling out other supporters. All I have done was give opinions and all I receive is the stale "This isn't Inter" bullshit. Quite frankly it's old and complete bullshit as I know we'll never be Inter Milan.

11. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Mike, just like I wrote last season and the one before that, a holding/defensive mid whose first priority is to provide cover for the back 4 is an essential ingredient to a successful top-flight club. Neither Murphy nor Andreasen proved last season to be committed to that kind of role. Think of the good clubs, most if not all of them have this type of player. Why doesn't Roy get it?

Finally, blowing off steam after a bad loss can be a good ting but please remember to show RESPECT to those who deserve it.....

12. jmh

jmh New Member

I continue to believe Andreasen is capable of playing that role effectively. I think last season it wasn't a case of his not being committed to the role, so much as not being used that way. Per football-lineups.com, of Andreasen's 9 starts for Fulham last spring, 4 were as a right-sided midfielder, one as a left-sided midfielder (both of which seemed to suit him poorly, as I recall). I think he'd do a great job of it (or, at least, a better job than anyone else we've got) if he were assigned to play right in front of the back four in a 4-1-4-1 or diamond 4-4-2 or the like.

13. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

You know what, you're right. Here is a good site for you to visit for kindred spirits and other matters you might enjoy.

14. jmh

jmh New Member

BURN.

15. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Great stats, and I had high hopes for him when we brought him in, but it seems to me that he went forward and got himself out of position a lot. Whether that's what lost him his starting place or not I don't know. God Bless Danny Murphy for his header that saved us last year, and Jimmy B's passing and service ability are 2nd to none, but without someone with stronger defensive skills in the center of the park, we'll struggle. What concerns me most is that I haven't seen a line-up yet from Roy that addresses this issue. Beautiful passing is awesome, but without a stout defense it's all for naught. COYW

16. americanmike

Oh come on Josh, you live in New York. Whenever referring to SPK, in the same sentence as a bacon, egg and cheese you MUST know that SPK = Salt, Pepper and Ketchup.

Andreason could be a good fit, but who do you drop??? That is the big question.

17. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

If Roy doesn't see the need, it's a moot point.

18. jmh

jmh New Member

Huh. It makes perfect sense (though I generally go with hot sauce on mine) but I don't think I've ever seen it abbreviated that way.

19. americanmike

Most deli's if order multiple breakfast sandwiches in the morning will write SPK on the side, or SP, or SK, or whatever the combo. Oh well.

20. jmh

jmh New Member

Stop it, you're making me think about tasty sandwiches and it's not lunch time yet!