Fulham FC Vs. Everton [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

To quote a wheelin' and dealin', stylin' and profilin', limousine-ridin', jet-flyin', son of a gun: Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

McBride was good with the goal. I really liked how Andreasean played and how the general tactics operated - the waves of attack were a wise idea. I liked Johnson's confidence and pace; but I wish he was a bit more accurate. I didn't think Simon Davies did all that well, but that's fine.

Fulham can get out of this mess!

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

A massive three pointer that must be a real confidence boost to both the team and the fans.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

Is Niemi hurt again? I can't figure why else he wouldn't have been available off the bench.

4. Hugg

Hugg New Member

Failed a fitness test before the game according to the announcers.

What a massive win.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

And BTW... kudos to Keller!

Dunno if he actually HAD to work much, but just for 'being there'.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Huge win -- and we held a lead in the second half!

Thanks to Ironhead for leading from the front -- this relegation battle ain't over yet.

And thanks to Woy for two strikers up front today! Let's keep on doing just that!

Newcastle at St James next week? We better win there, they are such a mess that 3 points is just asking to be taken from the Toon.

COY Super Ws

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

As I said this morning in the chatroom we need 12 points from 5 matches. We got three today, and the next four matches are all imminently winnable. So let's get to it.

Oh, and a bit of class after the match from Everton's gaffer David Moyes [who had our captain on loan at Preston and Everton]:

'I don't like anybody scoring against us but Brian is a great player, great professional and he deserves everything he gets.'

Enjoy the feeling, peeps!

8. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Today was a blast in the chat! FUSA is a very cool fan group! I am so happy for the team and all of us! Goooooo, Fulham!

9. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

OMG OMG OMG! You guys, I figured out how to help Fulham win crucial games!

I just have to NOT. WATCH.

No joke--if it's a massive match, and I watch it, we lose. The last couple of times I haven't been able to see a big game-- Fulham wins! (1-0 vs. Liverpool on CD's goal to keep us up last season? Didn't see it!)

This sucks for me, but is GREAT for the team.

Looks like I have to avoid my tv for the rest of the season. Maybe it's worth the sacrifice??

COYW!!!!!

10. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

My MOM today was Woy! I love that English dude! I wish he could coach the US National team.

11. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Wow! I am so glad I was wrong. And Keller was in the net unbelievable!

12. Jambo

Jambo New Member

Back from the game and guys let me tell you the atmosphere at the Cottage today was simply amazing. Non stop and the players really reacted to it. EJ looks very raw and rough around the edges but has the potential to be a massive star for us.

COYWS

13. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I couldn't see the game but it seemed as though EJ improved a lot -- any thoughts?

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

glad you had a great time, and that you dried off enough to get to your computer!

Let's hope this is the beginning of a good run of form. COYW!

15. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Maybe if I post a link to the championship before every match the luck will continue. Go Cottagers!

16. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Just back and all I have to say is what an atmosphere at Craven Cottage. I mean 90 minutes of pure passion and every Fulham supporter was there to will on the team. The Hammersmith End was full of dancing, crazy Fulham fans after McBrides goal and I have never see us like that ever.

I mean, look at the match report and seen who is man of the match:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/MatchAndTeam/Ma ... nHome.aspx

Says it all really. Now lets hope this is the start of our run...

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

hard to argue with their assessment of MOM. You guys were strong throughout in the worst of conditions.

Well done the lads and their home and away support!

18. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I wish you all could've been there and I'm sure the yanks I met in the GL feel the same. I missed spencer as I'm not sure he saw my message, although I'm not sure that would've mattered as mine and katy's train was cancelled and we had to drive, thus being later than i wanted.

With that said, a solid performance from our defense and an on/off display from Johnson, but he does show he has the skill, in glimpses.

19. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

1. Johnson jumped on McBride at the final whistle - he knows what it means.
    2. BBC just analysed our goal, The movement from Johnson was excelent and he moved out the space the McBride took up to score.

COYW.

20. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

This was an outstanding game...I felt like we were fighting for the Champions League spot and Everton were second bottom...everything that had been building up for the past few matches came to a head and we really played as a team...

We pushed forward in attack with numbers unlike anything I've ever seen since starting to follow the club...Stalteri was up there, Konchesky, Andreasen, and when they pushed up Murphy or somebody else would drop back...great teamwork by everyone...

Eddie will get there, the beauty about him playing for Fulham is he'll get more than the three games he got during the World Cup to gain some confidence and get used to the pace and style of the game...

What can you say about McGod??? He wins every damn ball and works his ass off, Davies with a great cross, he is our best option on the left. Although I think he's been getting tips on how to finish from Eddie, or vice versa...

None-the-less great match and me and the one other Fulham fan at the Globe loved it...Everybody else at the pub seemed either impressed or in disbelief at how we played but among the quiet of the bar alls I could hear were the Fulham fans in full throat for the entire match...very inspiring...

We got three from a game we would honestly of taken one from and now we have a stretch coming up that seems more manageable now than it ever had before...

Oh what a happy way to end a fantastic and tiring weekend...this is what being a Fulham supporter is all about...sorry for the long post but it's hard to tell your girlfriend this stuff without her wanting to go shopping afterwards...

COYW!!!