Fulham FC Vs. Everton [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

From that preview:
    Umm, Roy? Yes, we are running out of time. You need to be thinking "we need to go out and get three points" every match from here on out.

Let's hope the "home team wins" trend continues on Sunday.

God I need to find a way to watch this game.

Oh, and they got The Wink in that video. Kickass.

2. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

With every game and point so important at this point in the season Don is right...where is all the chatter...

I have a busy weekend so this is likely the last you'll hear from me...don't cry you can find me somewhere in the great city that is DeKalb tonight, and the great city that is Chicago tomorrow night and into Sunday...Ooooooooooh I'm getting ready to laugh at all those Everton supporters at the globe when they see this yank going nuts...

Andreaseeeeeeeeeeeen!!! Yes!!! Fulham have the lead just minutes into the game...

And this is where Jimmy Bullard is dangerous....Oooooooh, and I don't believe it...Jimmy Bullard on the stroke of halftime to give Fulham and their fans hope to stay up...

Knockdown from McBride...Right to the foot of Eddie Johnson, and he puts it past his fellow American...Howard is giving out gifts to his teammates and Fulham are now three up, and three points closer to safety...

A cross from Davies...McBriiiiIIIIIIIIIIDE...gorgeous cross, brilliantly finished and Fulham are up four 'nil.

And it's all over from Craven Cottage as Fulham gain ground on the teams above them after yesterday's results...

At least this is how it looks in my mind...

COYW!!!!!

COYW!!!!!

3. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

COME ON YOOOOOOOU WHIIIIITES!!!

4. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Great clip!

Bearzfan I hope you are psychic and not mental.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

there's no reason why he can't be both ... THIS IS AMERICA!! 8)

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Like my beloved bearzfan, I also have a busy weekend. Busiest of the year. With names like Pete and Maureen O'Neill we are obviously hosting a huge St. Pattys Day bash. To make matters worse for my Fulham concerns, the Math and Science Fair that I organize for our school disctrict is this weekend. It's my annual futile attempt to get this bleeding heart, liberal artsy fartsy communtiy that I live in interested in math and science. I hate to sound negative but my son spends more time writing in Math class than doing math. I will try to make it to the chat room between events. COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, the video was okay, but it wasnt enough. They could make it better. If someone can arrange the meeting I will tell them how. When I'm running, I make these amazing Fulham youtube videos in my head.

7. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I don't care for the who, what, where, when or how. Just get the 3 points and tease me a bit more about avoiding relegation.

COYW!

8. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I can't even tell you how many times I watched that now-famous wink from Bully. lol. That's classy.

I think we will win this one. And that's far from a stretch of the imagination. Even most Everton fans I know are worried. The Cottage is a special place, and dangerous is a foe who feels like there is nothing to lose. Hopefully Roy has that feeling now. If not, I don't want to see him next season.

9. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

I am hoping for a victory too, but this team is not in good form and the goalkeeping has been hideous. I hope they are establishing some type of chemistry as the training sessions have progressed.

10. psand22

psand22 Member

I'm looking for good things on Funday. I like Bear's starting 11, but we all know that it's going to be 4-5-1 to start and that Murphy will be out there.
    Let's hope that the game follows the history of the series, but I see only a draw (1-1). I'm praying the boys will prove me wrong with a victory.

A win here could really get us rolling with the upcoming schedule: @New, @Der, Sun, @Read. That's a lot of road games.....wait we don't need to be looking ahead at this time.

11. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

...That's a lot of WINNABLE road games. UP FULHAM!!!!!!!!

12. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Kasey Keller to start in goal, what are the chances?

13. BarryP

BarryP New Member

14. Han-Solo

Han-Solo New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham FC Vs. Everton [R]

I agree with your 4-4-2 formation, apart from Keller (I admit that Niemi is a disaster, but still better than Keller: in USA he can be considered a hero, but in Europe the general consensus is that to play Keller means to accept that we are a second division team) and Johnson (surely you american guys know the guy better than me: are you sure that he is a professional football player?; obviously, I'd be glad if he'll prove me to be wrong, today).
    The MOTM could be Brian Mc Bride, I don't know if he has fully recovered, but he's on of the few really committed to our beloved club, and I'm sure that he'll play with the heart.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Starting Lineup:

1 Kasey Keller (G)
    4 Paul Konchesky (D)
    18 Aaron Hughes (D)
    17 Paul Stalteri (D)
    32 Brede Hangeland (D)
    26 Leon Andreasen (D)
    21 Jimmy Bullard (M)
    27 Danny Murphy (M)
    25 Simon Davies (M)
    20 Brian McBride (F)
    14 Eddie Johnson (F)

Bench
    9 David Healy (F)
    2 Moritz Volz (D)
    23 Clint Dempsey (M)
    3 Carlos Bocanegra (D)
    13 Ricardo Batista (G)

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Perhaps that win is the start of Fulham's great escape!! Nice win today my fellow Fulham friends. Needless to say, we needed that.

17. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Relief... Thank the Good Lord.

COYW's

18. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Great time in the chatroom today.
    YOU KNOW WHAT"S COMING NEXT......

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

19. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Massive. Absolutely freakin massive.

Sign of things to come? If today's performance is any indication, then I sure hope so!

COYW!!!

20. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I'm so angry. I slept through the game, but it felt like Christmas when I woke up and saw the score. Still haven't read about the game yet though.