Fulham FC v. Blackburn Rovers

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Sep 9, 2015.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, this is our first match since the 82 new players joined us in August. There will be many questions to ask, such as "Will these guys keep sneaking up behind their teammates just to see their names?" and "If we don't win 17-0, will the Kit Out cries get louder?"

My question is this: if kickoff is at 0600 central, why the fuck isn't beIN Sports carrying the match?

Will it be run tape delayed on Al Jazeera USA? Will it be carried on bootleg Sky channels. Will it be "live" on-line on beIN Sports connectTV?

Inquiring minds … .

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Maybe at training they did the old exercise we did in elementary school where everyone stands in a circle and each person guesses everyone else's name :rolleyes:

I thought it was on bein? A pub owner out here has agreed to open at 4 (no beer until 6) for a group of FB California FFC fans. Not going to be in town myself, but pretty sure they were depending on that feed.

As for the match, it's hard to imagine Blackburn being the answer to the trivia question; What was the only club outside of ManU, Citeh, Arsenal, and Chelsea to win the top flight when the 'Premier League' was established in 1992? They have been a dumpster fire under the ownership of Venky's. The Rovers are off to a poor start (21st in the table), but would expect with the Int'l break that they will be organized and thinking a result at The Cottage is there for the taking. Going with the lads in white to squeak out 3 points with a 1-0 scoreline.

3. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how quickly two veteran Championship backs can settle in together assuming Steerman and Ream is the partnership moving forward. Plus does throwing Parker back into the mix unsettle the midfield pairing of O'Hara and Tunnicliffe? Hopefully we get more answers than questions this weekend.

4. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I don't think BeIn has been showing our league's Sunday matches. They've got a Ligue 1 match listed in that slot this w/e.

Agree with both Joe & Barry's points. I'm not sold on our scoring, but I'll take Fulham for a 2-1 win. Blackburn only have 3 goals from 5 matches, so the chance for a clean sheet should be good. But I figure all of the new faces will lead to a couple of moments of confusion and an odd goal against.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm going to get up early and see if it's available on Sky.

About our CB pairing, Ream and Stearing will be introduced to each other today. Probably won't see them in the starting XI. Also, a little birdie told me that Burn is going to be gone as soon as Kit can make that happen. I think it's a mistake, but evidently Kit doesn't forget or forgive.

Speaking of Kit, ...

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/10/kit-outlook-is-bright

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I have no idea what to expect, either from them or us. Too early to sort out all of the new faces. Don't know what will happen with our boy Ream, but he didn't hurt himself with his performances on international duty. And Parker's not the only one back from injury. I've always liked George Williams, so it'll be interesting to see what happens to him upon his return, which is imminent. I do want to see Dembele back out there. I think he's earned it, and he's put more pressure on the opposition defense than anyone else we've trotted out there so far this season. Just want to see some energy, pace and pressure higher up the pitch. And more goals would be nice, too.

7. AggieMatt

8. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Actually Matt, that is a very similar, but slightly different video. Kit looks a bit more like he's ready for a night on the town in this one.

9. AggieMatt

10. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

Feeling pretty confident about this one, kind of like the Huddersfield game... gulp. I would be very surprised if we didn't play the same lineup as vs. Rotherham, but with Stearman in for Burn. I doubt we'll see Parker start, but I'd be happy to see him on the bench. I know some aren't fans, and that's fair enough given his age, but I think he's valuable to have in the 18 for his experience and leadership.

11. AggieMatt

I don't necessarily disagree with you on that. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he was a more effective coach than anyone on staff. My criticisms are strictly about the quality of his play, thus I don't want to see him in the starting XI. Not sure I want him coming in off the bench over guys like Tunnicliffe or Hyndman either.

12. SoCalJoe

Did I miss something? What did Burn do to warrant being in Kit's doghouse?

13. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I don't know. It may have gone back over several seasons when Kit was coaching the kids. The word I got from the guy was "There's only one man in the managerial staff who doesn't rate Burn." When I pressed the point he said it was Kit and that Kit keeps a grudge forever.

15. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

That's unfortunate, since our record seems to be better with Burn starting than without. Might explain the late transfer window rumors that he was headed out to Wednesday on loan.

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and also all those matches last season when our back four was a sieve and Burn couldn't get off the bench.

18. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

The senator's article mentions that Parker is still off match fitness, so I'm guessing he'll either be named to the bench or not at all.

Like some have said, this is a tough one to predict and probably won't be much use as a gauge going forward. Too many new faces that haven't had time to gel and now new injuries. I'm hoping for a victory but don't have any idea if that's what I should expect.

19. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Here's Kit's summary: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/11/team-news-blackburn

Parker not coming back for weeks probably
    Garbutt is considered "ahead of schedule" although he's already behind schedule given the original estimate, so who knows what that means
    George Williams will play 30 min in a U-21 match tomorrow.

Matt Smith is many weeks out from playing again since he is still weeks from training.
    No word from Kit if he's worried that all of the player changes will cause Cairney to forget he's not playing for Blackburn on Sunday.

20. SoCalJoe

Match looks to be on the worst named network (bein) live at 7 am.