fulham fan in memphis

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by cottagerinmemphis, Aug 23, 2007.

1. cottagerinmemphis

cottagerinmemphis New Member

I've played and enjoyed soccer my whole life and last year my wife and I decided to pick Premier League teams...she chose Tottenham, I chose Fulham. Two Americans on the roster made my decision pretty easy (now three)!

I'm a pretty new fan so forgive me for not being overly versed in all things Fulham but I'm psyched to have found this site to have someone to talk to!!!

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome aboard cottagerinmemphis. It is great to hear you picked Fulham to support. There are definitely some ups and downs following the club, but that is part of what makes it so fun and special.

Do not worry about not being versed in all things Fulham. Supporters on this site range from newbies to ones who have supported the club for over 50 years. We are all here to help one another and to support our beloved Whites.

Should be an interesting Saturday in your place on September 1st when Fulham plays Tottenham. I hope you get the last laugh on your wife that day.

Cheers and welcome!

3. cottagerinmemphis

Re: RE: fulham fan in memphis

Thanks!

I just hope we can see that one! We have FSC and most Fulham games aren't shown...

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: fulham fan in memphis

That match IS indeed being shown on Fox Soccer Channel at 10AM ET/9AM CT on Sept 1st.

5. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

RE: Re: RE: fulham fan in memphis

Welcome to fulhamusa.com. Tom, Mike and Jim have done a great job in organinzing the site. You made a wise choice in picking a club to support and if you have any questions or opinions feel free to throw them out there.

Enjoy the site.

6. cottagerinmemphis

RE: Re: RE: fulham fan in memphis

Thanks for the info!!! Hopefully we can get a win against the Spurs so I can rub it in my wifes face!!! (aren't I a great husband?)

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

hmmm; a Spurs fan and a Cottager. You guys must have had a black and white wedding!

Welcome aboard. I gotta say I love your city!

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Memphis; Should be an interesting London derby
    in your household next week. Been to Memphis once and thank God I don't live there. Not because I didn't have a great time, but because the freakin barb-q is so amazing I'd weigh an extra 50 lbs if I lived there full time. Out here on the left coast we have a ton of great restaurants, but mediocre barb-q.

9. cottagerinmemphis

Thanks for all the sentiments guys! I just moved to Memphis three weeks ago from Tampa (my wife is getting her PHD here) so I haven't really found all the great BBQ spots yet...

As for the Spurs, they are a bunch of wankers! (i love saying that in my worst British accent...)

10. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

British accent??? Use Dick Van Dyke's cockney accent from Mary Poppins and you have the worst English accent I have ever heard.

"Gowd bless you, guvna" and welcome aboard.

11. fulhamfaninMS

fulhamfaninMS New Member

Welcome Memphis....nice to see another local Fulham fan here in the Memphis area!! I have also enjoyed playing and watching soccer/futbol my whole life as well. As a relative newbie myself I must say you will enjoy this board alot....very very informative and everyone is great. Again welcome aboard.

ps....i am in the s'haven just south of memphis in MS.

12. cottagerinmemphis

Very cool! I'm staying with friends in Collierville until we sell our house in Florida. My friend works in South Haven...

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

memphis,

B.B. King's joint on Beale Street has mighty mighty fine BBQ, and the servers are attentive and very nice.

There's some nice music there at times also!