Fulham @ Everton

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Apr 23, 2010.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Although there is a lapse of 40 or so years, we've never won at Goodison. In fact, we haven't gotten a point there since 1959.

Annnnnnnnnd I don't see much changing on Sunday as Roy will probably field the peanut gallery.

I'll miss the match because of a volunteer event. Hopefully I can catch the highlights on MOTD2, but not betting on it.

COYW!

Edit/Update: we have won at Goodison, twice -- in a 1975 5th Round FA Cup match and a 1948 5th Round FA Cup replay. 1975 as you may recall was our only cup final appearance.

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Um, I see a tough day for the Ws.

2-0 to the Toffees -- we traveled for this week, we have our eye on a different ball, I htink that anything from this game is totally unexpected.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Timmy? You dont have ESPN2? YOu don't have a DVR?

Everyone says that Roy will empty the squad and sit everyone each time this happens, and ... that never happens.

We'll not see Zamora, but we will see Baird [who is suspended from the 2nd leg v. Hamburg]. I'm sure we'll see Gera and Konchesky, and H & H, and Dempsey. Oh, and do you think that Roy is going to bench The Big Aussie? Oh, perhaps we'll see Greening or Dikgacoi, perhaps Kelly as well, and -- with a little bit of luck -- we'll see Okaka.

And, I'm sorry, Steve; I've never seen any team coached by Roy that doesn't have it's eye on the 90 minutes it is playing.

Having said that, Everton are a better side than we are, and they're not just running out the string. With Pompey not under consideration for Europe, that 7th place position is still available for The Europa League.

Everton 2 Fulham 1

4. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I'll take Fulham 3-0. Why? Cause the 3 people who posted above me didn't have the sack to ignore the brain and pick from the heart. As a firm believer in Karma, I believe we need a positive result on Sunday to help carry us on to Thursday. Way to f*ck my vibe up fellas!

COYW

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Ouch!

SteveM19 messed up good.

6. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

No TV!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

my bad, Dawg; this isn't the first time I've pissed you off like this.

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

If anyone with DVR capabilities knows how to put said video on the internet for me to see later I would be most grateful.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

FulhamAg has stopped asking me about Sunday matches, since I 'm usually in church -- and I am tomorrow.

I'll resist the temptation to watch any of it before I leave and, instead, watch it "live" around 2 or so. Here's my lineup:

Tha Big Aussie; Paintsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Shorey; Davies, Baird, Etuhu, Dempsey; Gera, Okaka

Welcome back, JP. Sorry, DtD, we're going to lose 2-1.

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

good spirit around here..COYW

11. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

nevzter, do you have a larger version of your avatar?

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Damn you Nevzter, you beat me to it!

BTW can anyone tell me why Mr. Pants hasnt been playing? I thought he was ready.

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I'll miss this one, too... as I'll be with family function, TX siblings are in town. at a cable-free location. Missed last night's Crew game, as well, so 'evens'!

I expect this game to reflect Whites D skills and confidence... even with a loss by a goal. If Fulham play up to their ability, 1-0 Everton.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's the lineup.

1423: Everton v Fulham line-ups:
    Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Bilyaletdinov, Neville, Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Yakubu.
    Subs: Turner, Yobo, Saha, Senderos, Anichebe, Baxter, Wallace.
    Fulham: Schwarzer, Pantsil, Smalling, Baird, Shorey, Dempsey, Dikgacoi, Greening, Riise, Okaka, Nevland.
    Subs: Zuberbuhler, Kelly, Teymourian, Stoor, Elm, Briggs, Buchtmann.
    Referee: Lee Mason (Lancashire)

Won't be in the chatroom; church calls, and I'll watch it "live" this afternoon.

COYW

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mo, Pants was on our bench for the last league match and was left off the eligible roster for the Europa League. He only had 1.67 matches in the reserves, so this is pretty much on time for him.

16. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Roy's emptying the bench for this one. I actually like our chances better as a result (fresh legs). Still think we'll be fortunate to get a point, but it's good to see JP and Dempsey back in the starting lineup. And 2 forwards? What kinda new strategy is that?

17. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Fuckin Baird. The linesman was a fucking idiot, but Baird is an even worse idiot as Pantsil probably had that covered.

Okaka is so shit. Who the fuck doesn't take a simple touch with all the time and space in the world? He shows signs of brilliance and then does stupid shit like that. He's wasting our time.

Yes, I'm pissed off.

18. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Weak lineup aside, I thought Fulham played pretty sloppy today, especially in the back (Baird and Smalling).

Lucky to get the first goal on that gift from Baines, although that is some good poaching from Nevland.

Otherwise, pretty blah performance with a rough ending.

19. jmh

jmh New Member

As poor as the passing was today, we didn't deserve any points today. Too bad Burnley didn't show up and Everton weren't able to close the gap on Liverpool at all.

20. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

Once I saw the lineups I thought we would lose by 2, so the early goal was a nice surprise. Everton were the better team, but I thought we were going to at least get a point at the close of the first half. It hurt to lose that via a penalty.

I also still can't believe what a poor effort Okaka put on goal. He was wide open and that was the best he could do. Sad.