Fulham @ Blackburn

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Jan 12, 2010.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Damn; Time Warner Cable still lists 4 o'clock central. Guess I'll have to DVR the whole damn day to get the game.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Unless you enjoy the feeling of hot needles in your eyes, don't watch this match. Its awful. Ugly thuggery by Rovers, horrible defending by Fulham and a serious knee injury to Dempsey - cruciate damage which could end his season (and WC hopes).

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Turn it off after Dempsey's pretty awesome, but just not quite, bicycle attempt.

4. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound good if they are talking ligaments and he hasn't been scanned yet.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Well that sucked out loud.

6. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Bad day at the office.

7. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I thought we outplayed them, so I can’t believe we lost by 2 goals. Dempsey looked good, so it’s scary to see him get hurt. AJ still can’t get it together and for the first time this year I can say the goalkeeping wasn’t up too par. This one hurts, because I still think we were the better team.

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Well that was really awful. Cheap goals, dirty opponents, and two injuries.

If there is one positive, it's that Roy HAS to make some moves up front and in back. By my count we have 2 fit strikers (one is the useless AJ) and no fit starting left or right backs.

Get going Roy.

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Guys, I cant see how the injury to Dempsey is that serious. For about five minutes before he went off he was messing with his knee. I'm thinking gradual means not too serious. No way he is missing the WC. Or the FA cup final!

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Wow, I waited all day to see that -- truth be told, I fast forwarded it to the end after Clint's injury. Mo, may it be from your lips to God's ears.

The first goal was just inexcusable, something on the level of a bad high school team.

Wow, what a crappy game, crappy result, crappy everything. On mine and Mike's Bday, no less. Crap.

11. EricD

EricD New Member

How many fouls does Reid get before the ref issues a yellow? The one against Konch should have got the yellow possibly red after the second harsh hit. If I recall, the tackle on Konch was not even called - let's see, scissor from behind without touching the ball - hmmmmm.....

I am at halftime on my DVR, but I know the outcome and the impending injury. I am really low about that one. I know I will watch the rest of the match with one eye closed because it is coming.

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Well that was a disaster. Shit manager, shit club, shit pitch and a shit result. Trips to Ewood are never good, are they?

Hard to say we deserved the win or that we were unlucky when our finishing was poor, as was our defending on set pieces. We did own the possession though and that's always a good sign.

Nevland was unlucky not to get the penalty call. AJ is looking more and more like he's done. He may get his shooting boots back, but his pace appears to be a thing of the past.

Losing PK was bad although I didn't think Kallio was that bad, all things considered. Kelly on the other hand was another story. Schwarzer is even looking a bit rattled although that's probably due to the shakiness of the backline these days.

And then there's the loss of Dempsey which is massive when paired with the loss of Zamora. Ligament injuries can be funny, until the scan results come back, you never really know about the recovery time. Here's hoping for the best.

Man, this club is looking absolutely snakebit about now. Hopefully Roy can pull something out of his bag of tricks in the transfer window to get us by. I really don't think we need that much. A striker who can finish and a fullback better than Kallio and Kelly. Of course that may be asking a lot, but I'd think if he ships out some of the overstock at CDM, we'll be okay until the wounded start trickling back in.

Pretty safe bet a return to Europe and possibly a strong FA Cup run are off the table now. I don't think we'll be in any threat of the relegation scrap though.