Fulham @ Birmingham City

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Nov 19, 2009.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Yay the international break is over!

Fulham travel to St. Andrews on Saturday morning. Game is being re-aired Satuday night, so it'll probably be chat zone and feed searching for many of us.

Both squads should be rested as neither had lots of players gone at internationals. Brum have let in as many goals as we have (i.e. not much) but haven't put many in the net. So there's a very good chance of a 0-0.

COYW!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm thinking we take this one 0-2, timmyg. And a couple of quibbles:

I'm thinking that Duff will be shattered after 120 minutes on Wednesday, and a start the previous Saturday. Remember that he hasn't been able to play a full 90 for us in about a month. Schwarzer had a match halfway around the world, and Simon may not even be fit enough for the bench. Pants, Big Brede, and the NI gang also did international duty. Even Chris Smalling had two [great!] starts with the England U-21s.

Then there's Murphy, Etuhu, and AJ still struggling. Sigh.

--------------------------- Tha Big Aussie ----------------------------
    Pants ------------ Hughes ------------ Hangman -------- Tha Alien
    Riise --------- Greening ------------ Baird --------- Deuce
    -------- Bobby Z [the goal machine] ------ Kamara -------

Goals by Deuce and Konch.

See yez in the chat room for GJ?

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I love the chatroom but I'm really growing to hate the feeds. That said, this may be a match better heard than seen anyway. I'm thinking the 0-0 draw is probable but will go with a 1-0 Whites prediction. I can see us nicking a goal over there after the break.

What exactly is the word on Davies, AJ, Danny and Etuhu? These injuries seem to be neverending.

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I'm hoping for an internet feed for this match beause this is the first complete match all season that I haven't had a conflict and will be able to watch. I'm calling for a 3-1 victory for the Whites.

5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Okay guys and gals, the match is tomorrow.

And we have 4 posts.

Here's the injury report, and it's not looking good up front:

We may see some EJ.

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

let's see what he can do

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Roy will have the boys ready to scrap out a point on the road tomorrow. I still have road-worries with Fulham, so it's still hard for me to expect 3 on the road. (I saw a Milan Channel Classic last night that featured the Milan derby with Roy as Inter's manager - it was great to see him pacing the touchline and looking exactly as he does now with Fulham).

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I am hoping for a rare clean sheet, since Brum has scored a whopping 8 goals this year. Definitely a game that a good team like Fulham should win, home or away.

Ugh, I think my heart will be doing flip flops over this one. I hope/ expect a win.

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yeah.. go for a win, be happy with a 0-0 draw.

10. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I rather doubt Eddie finds the bench. I'm thinking either 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 with Demps up top and Davies and Duff on the wings. Or maybe Gera to start and Simon as a sub.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

From the BBC:

MOST RECENT MEETING
    Fulham 2-0 Birmingham (3 May 2008)
    Fulham scorers: McBride 52, Nevland 87

Ahhh, the memories...

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and here's your game day squads:

1432: TEAMS Birmingham v Fulham
    Birmingham: Hart, Carr, Roger Johnson, Dann, Ridgewell, Larsson, Ferguson, Bowyer, McFadden, Jerome, Benitez. Subs: Maik Taylor, Phillips, Fahey, McSheffrey, Carsley, Vignal, Mutch.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Kelly, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky, Davies, Baird, Greening, Gera, Dempsey, Zamora. Subs: Zuberbuhler, Pantsil, Duff, Riise, Etuhu, Eddie Johnson, Smalling.

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well... I'm gonna pretend that game was like Sunderland beating Arse at home.

I think we in the Chatroom agree, if EJ was ever gonna be subbed on, this was the game. Send him home, Roy.

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Looking at the stats and reading the recap, sounds like we deserved a point. Hope the captain is close to getting back on the pitch

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

you can have all the possession in the world, but if you don't make a sustatined attempt at attacking, you're never going to win much on the road. We have to realize that we're only going to play attractive, attacking football at Craven Cottage -- and at the City of Mancester Stadium.

Dire, dreary dreck. That was three very obtainable points thrown away.

16. sfm

sfm Member

Erik Nevland had the flu, MOTD said. (Mind you, if he had not had it before, he would have after tonight!)

17. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Missed this one, apparently I am lucky.

18. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Fulham did pressure quite a bit in the second half and it was great to see demps work so hard, but in the end you had a pair of guys up top that worked really hard, but no danger. Ball skipped off the surface most of the night, and 0-0 would have been a more accurate result IMO because neither team had the magic - very industrious tho.

19. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Man that was boring. Both teams were absolute crap when attacking and even at our best we didn't do much. We really miss Murphy. I would have some thoughts on the match, but I was half asleep.

I will say that Hangeland made a horrible decision and should be disgusted with it. That was something that Knight wouldve done. Why people don't talk about his subpar play this year, I'll never know.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

24, several of the FFC threads have started commenting on the dropoff in the quality of his play.

Not a lot gets said on here about it, because not a lot gets said about Fulham period on here.