Fulham Away to Southampton

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Oct 4, 2012.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Time to get look ahead to this weekend's away clash with Southampton at St. Mary's Stadium. The Saints started w/a home loss to Wigan, but have played very well there since. Outplayed ManUre for much of the match before giving up two late goals and losing 2-3. Blitzed Aston Villa 4-1, and shutout Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 in their last two home matches. Ricky Lambert leads them with 4 goals, so better know where he is at all times. Chris Baird might or might not be available so not sure how MJ is going to piece together the midfield. It's away from The Cottage, and without Berba I'm not optimistic about this. The Saints have been dreadful on their away travels, but will be flying around at home. Sorry to predict this, but 3-1 to Southampton.

2. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

1-2 Duff, Ruiz.

3. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

im going 1-1 draw only because we miss berbatov. I think after last weeks late disappointment, FFC believes they have a top half team and will start playing with more confidence. just my little dream.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

2-2

And, would someone please do a match report for our front page? The match ends just in time for me to go to church. I'm not sure when I'll be back in the house on Sunday. No view from here. Somebody help?

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

i'm going to say a 2-1 win - just something about it...

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

1-2 good guys, Sidwell and Riise. And will they play "When The Saints Go Marching In?"

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I can't help this weekend (but eventually do want to) as SF is buzzing: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival, Fleet Week, America's Cup Trials and most of all: Reds v. Giants in the playoffs. I probably won't be near a laptop for 48 hours...oh, and I forgot about the 49er game at the relic that is the Stick.

Still 2-1 to the Whites.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Tough to predict this one. I would love to have Berbatov back to help our cause on the road. I'm thinking 2-1 Southampton. If we win, I might be more optimistic about our season finishing well and away record blues coming to an end. Crossing fingers and hoping for 3 in the chat room Sunday morning.

9. SoCalJoe

No Berba, and now Petric is in doubt?? :angry-banghead: MJ Didn't mention Bairdinho so would assume that means he's a go. My guess is Rodallega will be up top alone with a midfield of Sidders, Baird, Duff, Kaca, and Ruiz withdrawn behind Hugo. Would really like to see MJ give Trotta a run out for the final 20-30 minutes, but playing beside Hugo. If you didn't want to loan him, play him dammit!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/05/team-news

10. SCFulhamFan

I am as well frustrated by this. Trotta needs games. Southampton would be the perfect place to get a run out. Hear us Jol!!

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

whatever our lineup looks like, I hope to be in the chatroom for at least most of the game. COYW

12. SCFulhamFan

Trotta just netted again for the u21s

13. SoCalJoe

Heading to a surprise birthday party tonight, so the 5:30 AM start time is going to be a challenge to make live.

14. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Will have to set my alarm for this one, but should be in the chat. Glad it'll be on TV

Need to get back to to our winning ways, especially in such a favorable matchup. Since it's away, Southampton will keep it close but I'll also say 2-1 Fulham

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Nothing pretty about that game...lucky to get an away point.

16. articbob

articbob Member

F#CK. I'm glad we didn't lose this one.

17. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

At what point does Stockdale get games? Schwarzer has been below average this season and was below average in the second half of last season. He cost us points today and was at fault in the United game. He can't come for balls as well as he used to and now he either comes all out for them or hesitates and it costs us, like what happened on the second Southampton goal.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

As I said in the chatroom, if Southampton can drop points to us when we play this poorly, they really are the worst team in the Prem. We were horrible and we came within a Schwarzer stumble from taking all three.

How can we get a point on the road when our midfield is woeful, Brede the Magnificent is as poor as we've ever seen, and our only option up front it Rodallega? I'm usually irritated by the international break, but I REALLY am looking forward to it now.

Sad little sad man, me.

19. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Been out of pocket all morning, but sounds like we really didn't deserve the point, yet darn near could have, and really SHOULD have had all 3. We're in deep trouble if we can't play better against a poor, newly promoted side, even away, than this. Need help for Berba and Petric, especially when both are out. Can't have too many strikers. And Justin, I've been saying that about Stockdale for a while now. Mark might be sharper with more rest, too.

20. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

The game is not available on Foxsoccer2go until midnight but I will have to watch just to see how the midfield performed though I am fearful since Hatter had nothing positive to say.