Fulham away at Hull

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Dec 27, 2013.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Barely time to enjoy the 3 points at Norwich as the lads travel up to Hull on Saturday. They are coming off a disappointing 2-3 home loss to ManU in which they squandered a 2 goal lead. WIll be interesting to see what lineup changes Rene makes, especially if Berba is fit. I would take a 0-0, 1-1 draw right now and save on the petrol. Biggest concern is how much spring in the step the fellas will have the final 30 minutes or so. COYW!!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

NBC's website is still showing the 24th matches. There's only 4 matches at 0900 central, and FFC is one of them, so there should be a channel. I just wish they'd get their stuff together.

I'm hoping for a point, but e do have the big mo

3. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

[insert the opposite of the dancing banana]

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I'm ashamed. That's an awful performance by my beloved Whites.

5. tim

tim Active Member

I mean, what can you say after that? Nev is right. It was shameful. I'd add pathetic.

The new manager bump is clearly over and we got all of 6 points from it. Now the real work has to start. Rene somehow has to get these guys mentally ready to go by Wednesday, which is not going to be easy.

A few thoughts on the squad.

-Does Dempsey go straight into the starting 11? I wouldn't have thought so, but after today, I'm actually hoping for it.
    -Can we just accept the fact that Ruiz is a bust and send him on his way?
    -Can we work some sort of medical miracle and get Brede back stat?
    -Can we clone Scott Parker? We really needed him out there today.

And lastly...

-Can we find some guys who have enough pride to not roll over for the likes of Hull friggin City? Who, when they go down, actually try to fight back rather than quitting on the match? As far as I'm concerned, there wasn't a player on the pitch today who deserves a spot in the squad come Wednesday.

6. MattSW6

MattSW6 New Member

This was just unacceptable. All I can hope for is that Mr Khan gets his cheque book out and we get some marquee players in quickly to turn this thing around. I think some players have had their chance time to offload and get some new blood in. I hope the return of Dempsey will install some fight back into this team. It appears that the presence/absence of Scott Parker is the key to Fulham producing an acceptable performance or this garbage displayed today. 6 - 0 I still can't believe it.

7. SoCalJoe

Welcome Matt, losing this one a couple days after playing is one thing, but losing by 6 goals is a joke. Feel most for the supporters that traveled and endured that debacle. As Tim said, need Brede to return in the worst way, but with any serious back injury it's impossible to predict when that might be. Can the team go forward with only Hughes, Lovebite, and Senderos? WIll be very curious to see the team responds to being humiliated.

8. MattSW6

MattSW6 New Member

Thank you for the welcome! Seems like Meulensteen is busy recruiting coaches, Ray Wilkins being the latest addition - maybe he is going to play? I think its losing so heavily to a team a few places above us which is so worrying. I watched the highlights and the defending was really pathetic. Planning to go to the West Ham game to see Mr Dempsey return. I hope he gets a warm welcome, I think he will. Its now evident to everyone we are in real trouble and we need big personalities, good, brave players and winners - welcome back Clint, shame its only for 2 months.

9. SoCalJoe

Enjoy the game Matt, hope you give us an eyewitness review of how the lads did against Spam. As far as what I would do with the game tape of this one; :angry-extinguishflame: without the extinguisher.