Fulham at Middlesbrough

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Oct 2, 2014.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

This one promises to be our toughest test yet under Kit. An away match at a solid mid table Championship side. However...they just drew at home against Blackpool, easily the worst team in the conference and the odds on favorite for relegation. Soooo, what to expect? I have no idea, other than to say we're in a good place right now, and I'd gladly take a point from this one, although I'm hoping for all three. Their best players appear to be defenders, Danny Ayala and George Friend, so goals may be hard to come by. The match may swing on one or two plays, so I hope we bring it for all 90 minutes plus and get a result. I feel it in my bones. 2-1, good guys.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Last match before a two week break and the chance for Kit to work with the lads at Motspur. Would take a point if offered right now, but wouldn't be surprised if the Mighty Whites steal all 3 points.

3. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

Going conservative and saying a point for the good guys. I would consider that a huge success and just more proof that Kit is working well with this young team.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I haven't even seen a highlight of 'boro. I don't have a clue how this'll turn out, but I'll be listening -- and being positive.

5. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

1-1. Why? Just a feeling. I couldn't tell you one thing about this year's Boro team.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

agree, a totally illogical 1-1

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Line-ups:

Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 9.45.27 AM.png

Streams?:

8. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Was always going to be a tough game on the road, against a good defensive team who was in great form. I am concerned by our early low shot totals given the possession we've had. Need to come out of the gates quicker.

Curious how fast the rest of the Fulham universe goes from "hire Kit now" to "we need an experienced hand." But maybe I'm not giving them enough credit.

9. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. If Kit is indeed the man to lead us forward, it will be proved in due course. Like I said before there's no rush. Let's see how he and the squad react to the first sign of adversity. We've got a two week break now to work on things, so the timing is fortuitous. If we had been coming off a result similar to Bolton, a fortnight off would not be welcome. And let's be honest, B'oro ain't no slouch. We'll get them at home in April.

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Oy....vey.

11. daddude7

daddude7 Well-Known Member

I thought we did well, but lacked some confidence and luck. We need to be quicker to take our chance in front of the goal. I am disappointed with the result, but the play was heavens better than under the dictator.