Fulham @ Arsenal

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Jan 16, 2014.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Oh boy this could be a doozy. As Don is known for saying, "I'm just rooting for no red cards or injuries".

Also, I will probably be in DC on Saturday. Where does everyone watch the games around there?

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Re: Fulham @ Aresenal

In the district itself, I've only been to Lucky Bar in order to watch Fulham. I can't vouch for the other bars on this Washington Post's list in order to watch matches.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/best- ... 97954.html

And some of them I question as them being billed as a "soccer bar."

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We are the featured match on NBCSN, so you won't have to look for the alternatives. Sunderland with the early match and Aston Villa with the late match, so it'll be a Yank Day here in Leon Valley.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Shipped in 6 goals at Hull and 4 goals at home to Sunderland in recent weeks. Fulham does seem to play well at Arsenal, so maybe a Fulhamish result is in order, but something tells me we are going to be the black knight in the Monty Python movie, hope we at least show that dude's attitude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikssfUhAlgg

5. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

3-2 good guys. plenty of reasons why that won't happen and can't think of one why it will. but I'm staying positive this weekend with FFC and Broncos.

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

As to Heather's WaPo list, I watched the March 27 USMNT draw in the Azteca at The Laughing Man Tavern, and was somewhat underwhelmed by the atmosphere (although, in fairness, it was a weeknight). And since it starts at 10:00 a.m. and they don't open until 11:30 a.m., it's a moot point.

So don't go there (duh).

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I have been to Summers too. That was on the list, but it's not located in the District so you would have to travel on the metro or by car to get there from DC.

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

thanks for the tips!

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

While I've been inspired by Jefferson Starship, Journey and Monty Python, I can't see anything coming from this match. I'd hope that Burn is thrown into the mix and Dempsey pulls a poaching goal to secure a draw. Hangerland and Burn should start. I also want the "Persian Clint Dempsey" to feature.

COYW!!!!!!!

10. jumpkutz

It'll be a miracle if we get a point here. The story of the League so far this year. Not gonna happen. I just hope we don't give up a butt load of goals like we did against Hull, Sunderland, Man City, Everton and Liverpool. I don't think we will, but these guys are top of the league for a reason....they're damn good, and Ozil has panned out beyond even the Frenchman's wildest imagination. Hoping for 0-2 w/o embarrassment.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I don't have any hope for this one. I just hope it's not as painful as I am anticipating.:shock:

12. BillNRoc

BillNRoc Member

Hope never dies, though it does occasionally get extinguished. Arsenal's squad is pretty thin right now due to injuries, so I wonder who will be on their bench, much less the starting 11.

Do we have anyone who has as much talent or is as much in-form as Giroud, Ozil, Podolski? Maybe not. But the longer we can deny them a goal, the more opportunity we'll have to give them 90 difficult minutes and maybe snatch a point.

I fondly remember last season's 3-3 draw, but it's hard to imagine us scoring 3 against anyone this side of Norwich these days.

13. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Just like a Senator to say one thing and then contradict it. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Count me amoung those of little hope for any kind of points from this match.

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hehe. Good catch Barry.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Change of plans; no View from South Texas on this match after all. Barry? sfm? Matt? Go gettem!

16. jumpkutz

Would've been a miracle had we gotten a result here. And I'm a bit relieved personally, because I promised myself a new blue third kit with Dempsey personalization if he'd scored the winner. Figured the odds were pretty long. Still, would rather have won today. Someday, we'll win at Arsenal. Someday.

17. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I was only able to see the first half which I thought was great from our boys. Sounds like Santi Claus paid us a visit and stole our point.