Fulham Alumni Report

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Aug 9, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

mah boy, Cauley

2. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Kostas Mitroglou scored the winner for Benfica today against Borussia Dortmund even though they were outplayed in every category other than scoring. Aubameyang missed a penalty for the German side.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Cauley scores again for England U-21s. I hope he's with us this summer and gets a shot to be in the squad.

SoCalJoe, americanmike and BarryWhite like this.
  4. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Shaun Hutchinson scored the 83rd minute winner for Milwall that secured the last playoff spot in League 1.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Figured this was the thread even though he is just out on loan. Jozabed subbed in the second half for Celta Vigo in their 0-1 home loss to ManU

6. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

One of the reasons I was happy that Brighton & Hove Albion got promoted this year is because David Stockdale would deservingly get to play in the Premier League again. So I was a bit shocked to see that he couldn't agree to a new contract with B&H and is instead going to Birmingham. The rumor is that he was told he was going to be the #2 keeper and he didn't want to go back to being #2. I understand if that is the reason, but I'm still surprised. After all, you never know when Luis Suarez will put his foot up the starting keeper's nose.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40267940

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah, the whole thing is a shock to me. He was the Championship's Bext XI keeper the last two seasons.

8. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

+3. You'll never convince me that he wasn't better than Maarten Stekelenburg, Andy Lonergan, Joe Lewis, David Button and Mr. Sweatpants.

SoCalJoe and encorespanish like this.
  9. SoCalJoe

Just got back from a dream golf trip to Scotland and our initial driver is a big Celtic supporter . He and the fans love Dembele and thinks they'll manage to keep him for one more season (he's hoping) before a club gives them an offer they can't refuse.

*My only excursion to London was a layover at Heathrow. Was on wrong side of plane and didn't have the window, but pretty sure we flew over the Cottage as I did see what I presumed was Brentford's stadium (looked like the bees spelled out in the stands)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    nevzter, encorespanish and MicahMan like this.
  10. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

According to the metrics used in this article, Patrick Roberts has been a huge waste of money for Manchester City.

I think maybe we got the better of this deal.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...s/manchester-citys-former-fulham-man-13247740

By the way, someone needs to update Fulham's Wikipedia page. It says nothing about the past season and our triumphant return to playoff football. Any takers?

11. SoCalJoe

Don't want to name drop :rolleyes:, but there are a few outstanding candidates (barryjamesmicah) who would do a great job updating the page.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Citeh got EXACTLY what they wanted out of the transfer -- an English body in their extended roster so as to make the league's "home grown players" limit. City never saw him as future game-day squad regular. He's just a very talented tax dodge.

13. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

14. SoCalJoe

15. tim

tim Active Member

16. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Always a fan of his. Like Mike, I hopoes he does well down the road.

SoCalJoe, nevzter and BarryWhite like this.
  18. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Following a long line of Brits who couldn't follow the rules, McCormack has been shipped off to Australia. He won't be settling on a hardscrabble patch in New South Wales, but instead will play for Melbourne on loan from Villa. http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41430237

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I thought we already had a page like this, but I couldn't find it.

Anyhow, I heard that Citeh had a player sent off at half time of a 0-0 FA Cup match at Wigan, so I decided to break my Citeh ignoring streak and see if I could actually see them lose. I did, and I was pleased to watch Dan Burn clear cross after cross from all the multi-millionaires from Mancs. I especially enjoyed him breaking up an attack and outrunning an attacker all the way into Citeh's half.

Very impressive. I always liked Dan, although I like our CH pairing now much better. Anyhow, it was a joy to see them lose -- only the third competitive match this season they have done so.

20. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator