Frei loaned to Cardiff, Briggs to Bristol City

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Oct 26, 2012.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Frei needs to play now that he's back healthy, and not sure if he was going to break into the lineup anytime soon. It's only for a month to start with so we'll have to monitor his situation.

Briggs isn't going to displace JAR, so better to get some games in the Championship

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/octob ... -loan-deal

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Normally, I would be fine with this but I thought developing young players was something liked to do Jol himself.

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Good moves for both. Briggs on loan is LONG overdue. That kid is dying for PT and isn't really Prem standard yet. He can get us by in a pinch, but regular pitch time in the Championship will do wonders for his game. Riise probably only has 2-3 yrs left for us, so it's a good time to push Briggsy's development.

Same for Frei really. I think he's probably better for us than Richardson, but with the way Jol wants to play, that would still leave him 4th or 5th choice (behind Duff, Kaca, Dejagah & possibly even Roda and Richardson). Kaca benefitted greatly from his loan spell at Watford last year. Hopefully regular PT at Cardiff will do the same for Frei. And hopefully he'll work on that left foot.

4. SoCalJoe

Briggs went the full 90 in BC's 2-1 loss to Hull. Frei came on as a late sub in Cardiff 4-0 win.

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

OK with Briggs, not OK with Frei. I like his energy. Whatever his shortcomings, he brings it every minute he's on the pitch.

6. SoCalJoe

I think Frei going is directly related to all the injuries he dealt with at the beginning of the season and he'll be back sooner rather than later. Briggs will be there as long as JAR is healthy :oops: Considering our luck w/injuries that'll be next week.