Frankie Says Retire

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Apr 19, 2012.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Could of put this on the MLS thread, but the man deserves his own. Never the most talented, but always brought his lunch pail to work, and never backed down to anyone (not matter the opposition). I can remember the story of him going out to meet the fans tailgating before a match. A big salute to Frankie Hejduk for great career :clap:

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/mls/st ... ont-office

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Relax, don't do it...

Love, Hey-dude (one last time). Congrats to him on a brilliant career. I was always happy to see his name on the USMNT team sheet.

:banana-dance:

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

What Joe and Nevzter said was perfect. I have nothing to add other than :bow-yellow: :bow-yellow: :bow-yellow: :bow-yellow: :bow-yellow: :bow-yellow: :bow-yellow: to Frankie.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I thought this entire article was worth posting and reading. Frankie may turn me into a Crew fan yet. I'll be at their game against Vancouver next Saturday; I hope he's there.

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, 'Mo. Nice article. "There's only one Frankie Hejduk" - sums it up nicely. I'd like to hear 'fog's thoughts on all of this (I think it was 'fog that posted the beer-chugging video on the old site?).

6. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Frankie is a Crew legend. What a career! :clap:

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Bob Hunter isnt the most eloquent of Dispatch's sport writers.. though he does support the Crew... doesnt write about the Crew that often except about the exceptional stuff.

And anyone can post a video to Youtube.. it's where it goes after that, that counts. {Right, Rebecca Black?}

To me.. this is the penultimate result of Frankie's doing his stuff: when they publish an article in the Telegraph about it.

Home» Sport» Football» International

Columbus Crew's Frankie Hejduk shows how to captain your side, MLS-style

I never get tired of reading that.. it sure aint just fluff piece from a press release, somewhere.