Food Finds In Your City

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by VegasJustin, Feb 10, 2012.

1. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

I love food and I don't think we have ever had this sort of thread before so, what sort of local places are your go to spot? It can be locally owned or a franchise, as long as it's not taco bell lol.

BFG Chicken Strips- This place is the shit when it comes to chicken strips. Not only are the strips good, but the Mac and Cheese is awesome. They also have really good sauces, like wasabi cream and the normal cheese sauce.

Ronalds Donuts- There was a time when I was vegan and I kept hearing stories of amazing donuts that tasted nothing like a vegan sweet. Everybody was right as these donuts kick ass. They also have regular donuts, but the vegan donuts taste like actual donuts so there is no need to get a regular donut.

Robertos- Mexican food is my favorite and it's even better when I can get it whenever. This place serves some pretty good Carne Asada nachos. I haven't really been to any of the east side Mexican places so this is where I get good food whenever I want.

Capriottis- The subs here are huge and awesome. They have this sub called the Bobbie which is basically a Thanksgiving sub and it rivals any leftover sub a person can make on Black Friday. Pretty pricey, but really worth it.

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I'm currently on a diet, but when I'm not, I like just about everything. Mexican-there's a place a block north of Churchill Downs called the Santa Fe Cafe. First place I ever had chorizo and I love it.
    EVERYBODY here seems to love Lynn's Paradise Cafe. I'm partial to the Kentucky Breakfast Scramble and the meat loaf. I don't do it it very often, but a Hot Brown at the Brown Hotel is must for visitors...sliced turkey on toast points with a mornay style cheese sauce topped with 2 bacon strips baked on the plate. Call your cardilogist BEFORE ordering. Everything's good at two local places that try to utilize locally produced foods as much as possible...Lilly's (close to downtown) and Limestone (east end 'burbs). Popular with the missus for special occasions. Pizza-whole wheat crust at Rocky's Sub Pub on the river in Indiana, Impellizeri's, Spinelli's and Bearno's. More as I become coherent..

3. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

DONUTS!-How could I forget a basic food group? Donut Kastle in Lyndon..best in town that I've found (so far). Like KK on steroids, size-wise, only better. And not perfect rings, but often irregularly shaped. If you're lucky, you'll get some fresh and hot just out of the basket straight off the sugar cooling clothseline. To die for.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

My better half and I love to cook and we enjoy making all different types of food/recipes so we rarely ever go out, but a few places that we frequent;

Diamond Palace (Diamond Bar). Great Indian food. We always get the non-vegetarian meal for two (spicy). Cue the Soup-Nazi 'NO SOUP FOR YOU" from Seinfeld because the mulligatawny soup that is the starter is off the chain. Sizzling kabobs, chicken korma, spicy lentils, naan (flat bread), etc.

Yves' Bistro (Anaheim Hills). Eclectic fine dining, but w/reasonable prices and warm atmosphere. Yve was raised in Morroco, but was influenced w/a variety of foods. I would describe it as Italian and French based dishes w/twists. The Nouille Roulet is a pasta dish that is damn near perfection.

Big Mike's (Hermosa Beach). At least twice a year I'll make the pilgrimage to pick up a steak sandwich. It's about a 2 hour round trip, but hell if it's not worth it. I've been to Philly and I can honestly say this sandwich isn't too far behind. We like it w/provolone, mushrooms, onions, and jalapenos (this is SoCal after all).

Sushi; So many great places that it's hard to pick one, but Sushi Town in Diamond Bar is close, always has great specialty dishes (not just sushi) that chefs want you to try. The test that you know a place is good is when the ethnic group it pertains to eat there.