FFC webcast now a Subscription Service

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Spozzie, Aug 12, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

No worries Glen, we will sort something out.

2. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Too bad..

I have to admit the tv PLUS (800kbps) highlights looked terrific on my monitor, which is a pretty average one. It's just too expensive though. The only sensible strategy is to hold back and hope they'll have to drop the price.

3. Snidely

Snidely New Member

RE: Too bad..

In the Brum commentary Jim mentioned that he was unaware of the change to subscription service until the morning of the match. That strikes me as a trifle strange. I always thought Jim volunteered his services. I guess he will now be paid for his services.

4. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

Re: Too bad..

.....except for the continual buffering I had.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: Too bad..

I have created an online petition to try and get as many comments and signatures of our disgust at the price Fulham is charging for FulhamTV. Please read the petition and look at the prices other clubs are charing compared to the 7.99 Pounds/Month Fulham is charging. it is ridiculous. I hope we can get a lot of signatures and I can pass this along to the club. Have any and all people sign this. The more signatures, the better it will look! Thanks!

Here is the petition:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/FulhamTV

6. andyns

andyns New Member

I sent them an email complaining and all they wrote back was an explanation of the service, which just made me even more upset. Useless twats.

Here it is:

Thank you for your email regarding online commentary.

This season the commentary provided by Gentleman Jim has been upgraded to a superior service provided by our new sponsors PIPEX. This entitles supporters to live online commentary as well as match video highlights following home and away games. The service was free for the first weekend so supporters could trial the package and now costs ?7.99 a month / ?50 a season.

We appreciate that supporters are unable to get to every game, particularly those living far from Craven Cottage and as part of the Clubs partnership with BBC London, an online update / full match commentary service is available by logging in to www.bbc.co.uk/london.

Thank you for taking the time to write, please be assured that your comments have been noted.

Regards

Jenny Gower
    Customer Relations Co-ordinator
    t: +44 (0)870 442 1222
    f: +44 (0)20 8336 0514
    fulhamfc.com

7. americanmike

Jenny Gower has always given her best with regard to listening to the fans and making sure we are all heard. Over the years she has been an asset and if she said it has been noted, then it definitely has.

Try not to get offended too much by the email, its simply 'PC'.

On a side note, I guess we can still get FREE commentary albeit through the BBC.

8. DCDave

DCDave Member

In the past, for some games, the BBC audio feed was not available outside of the UK. I hope that's not true now.

The BBC would be fine with me. Unlike many of the posters here, I am not a Gentleman Jim fan. I find him FAR too whiny concerning the refs and I feel that I have trouble getting an accurate picture of what's going on in the game and who'se playing well/playing poorly, etc.

9. RDG

RDG Member

Yeah, Gentleman Jim is a rather acquired taste. He may be a "homer", but he's OUR homer!! The BBC London guys are too busy talking about something else to tell you what's actually happening on the pitch, and they usually have no idea who the players are. If I have to listen to those guys, so be it, but GJ is fun.

10. martin

martin New Member

I always had this problem with the BBC feeds. Is there a way around it? Like using a proxy server or something to make it appear you are in the UK?

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Here's the goat!
    So... NOW we see!

4 years with freakin' Celtics... before that, working to attract gullible wimmin!

12. americanmike

FulhamTV is worth???

Hello ladies and gents...so now I pose this question. What price would you settle for, with regard to FulhamTV??

3.99 pounds (around $5) a month????

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Re: FulhamTV is worth???

That sounds about right to me....isn't that what most teams charge?

14. americanmike

Yes its about the "industry average". Some charge more but it would be the equivilent of around $1 a match.

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: FulhamTV is worth???

I would pay the 3.99 Pounds/month. That should be the price of the whole package, not just the commentary. Commentary alone should be 2.99 Pounds/month. However, if thet dropped it to 3.99 I would pay.

16. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Sure.. easily and it would make getting the discount by paying for the year palatable. As it is, I would have to pay monthly.

17. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Not to be picky but 3.99 pounds is about $7.20 this morning.
    That's ok for commentary and highlights - I agree with Tom that there should be a 2.99 option for commentary only.

18. DCDave

DCDave Member

I'd pay 3-4 pounds a month for the service, but I'd rather pay up front for the whole season (say 25-30 pounds).

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Fulham is now offering the service for a one-off payment of 50 Pounds. That is still too high and comes out to 5/month. Not in line with other clubs still. It is nice to see they are willing to come down, but they need to come down further.

20. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

They still need a commentary-only service plan. By the time the conversion into $$$ is made, any video plan is out the question for me right now.