FFC v. Spuds [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Nov 11, 2008.

1. EricD

EricD New Member

Thanks OB. My wife was at the hospital last night, and they think if things continue the way they are going, he could be home next week. He may be smaller than the turkey though. I appreciate the message.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Interesting tidbit, discovered on Skysports.com while reading a bit about today's England friendly: Spurs have yet to win in the 17 Premier League matches in which Gareth Bale has played. Out of those matches, they've drawn seven and lost ten and scored 24 goals while conceding 36.

For comparison, since the summer of 2007 (when Bale joined the club), in Premier League matches that Bale has not played (30 matches in 2007-08, four so far this season), Spurs have won 14, drawn 9 and lost 11, scored 58 goals and conceded 45.

Now, obviously it's unfair to blame one player (and a very young player, at that) for all the team's woes, but wow, they sure do leak goals when he plays, don't they? If that doesn't change, I have to figure his future will be as a left midfielder rather than as a left back.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I thought he was a very talented player when I saw him with the U-21s. Of course, I am biased towards left footed players. Amazing statistic, though.

4. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Yes - I read that as well...

If he pushes up to the midfield he is fine - he looks much better going forward.

Demps made him look horrible.