FFC Summer 2009 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be Fulhamish. OTOH, FFC's D line and DM's should know how to handle him.
    - Bringing to mind: Where in the World is Boa the Snake, NOW? Is he still making us regret losing him?

Here's the MOST Fulhamish thing, though:
    Roy is probably the one to mess around with Eddie's head problem and get him past them. Long time ago I wrote that EJ is one of very few to admit they are head cases. He still hasnt managed to work his way out, but look what Roy did with Dempsey.

The goal is not perfect performance game after game but sub-par fewer and further between.

'Let the Force be with you, Young Eddie!'

2. ToviFromSantaBarbara

ToviFromSantaBarbara New Member

bring on Crouch, he's just so fun to watch, if nothing else. Few things are more fun to watch than a big lad who somehow gets it done, even if you think he's about to fall over every moment.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

'fog, Boa was the target of the Spammer's boo-boys until the last six weeks or so of the season. He turned it on and looked positively lethal in the two late matches I watched him in. He can't blister people with his speed anymore, but he still has a great first touch and a nose for the goal. When he was subbed out in the last match I watched, the Cheats' fans cheered him off lustily.

Don't believe we've heard the last of the snake.

And I fully agree with your observations re-Eddie. Roy can lead and teach, and Eddie wants to follow and learn. Good start.

4. jmh

jmh New Member

By the way, I didn't mean to say I wouldn't want Crouch on the team by pooh-poohing some of the opponents on his international scoring record. Just thought it was worth mentioning. He's a very good player and would certainly improve the team. (Plus I would guess training against Hangeland would do good things for him, and vice versa.)

He still looks gawky and awkward as all hell, though.

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

20 goals in 130 games over 5 seasons in the Prem. You'd get better odds on Bob hitting a loaded boat on the Thames while shooting at goal. Even Fulhamish has it's limits.

6. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

7. jmh

jmh New Member

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

hilarious

11. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Hence, my superior footy knowledge to all of you boys

13. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Ouch! :lol:

You'll notice I took the time to find this for the benefit of all. You're welcome.

14. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

15. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

with zamora off to hull for 5 million does this mean we will get crouch? If we don't get someone I think loosing zamora will be a big loss. Even though he didn't score his partnership with johnson was very successful and Considering our results over all it will be tough to improve upon that. maybe a depsey johnson partnership up top and then we purchase a speedy talented right winger?

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Last word is that Pompey have agreed to sell Crouch to Sunderland. It's possible that we might be getting into a bidding war for him, but there's a very real possibility that we'll open the season without Z-Bird AND Crouch.

17. ToviFromSantaBarbara

ToviFromSantaBarbara New Member

this is great business, if we don't turn around and get Crouch, thats fine, i'm sure we'll get someone soon now that Zamora's sold.

I won't miss him, he showed moments of at least holding the ball up well, but didn't do enough for this club. Moving on...

18. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Talk about desperation on Hull's part. No Owen, no Campbell, no Fortune, so 5 million for the Z-bird.

Adios amigo!

19. jmh

jmh New Member

Roy knows what he's doing.

20. Flamingcokecans

Flamingcokecans New Member

So, that 5 million GBP is the same amount they paid us last year for Bullard.... I don't think they got the same value this time around. Hopefully for them he doesn't get injured the following weekend though.

As far as our end, I say good riddance. I am looking forward to not seeing Zamora on the starting lineup and having to cross my fingers that he doesn't hold the ball too long, or not long enough, or just shank every opportunity.

Dempsey has looked good up top this off season. I don't know that Roy would put him there, but its a thought.