FFC roster: Who's in the 16?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by BarryP, Sep 5, 2007.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

With the new additions and Hughes & Cook probably being fit it looks like for the first time this year LS is going to have to make some decisions on who is in and who is out for the Wigan match.

For Tottenham Sanchez went with:

Niemi, Keller

Baird, Stephanovic, Boca, PK, Volzy, Omozusi

Davies, Smertin, Davis, Bouazza

Dempsey, Healy, Kamara, John

I think the players in bold have a slot every week either as a starter or a sub but my question is who is IN/OUT?

The easy one is Hughes in - Omozusi out

After that it gets interesting. I think Sanchez may put Seol in and take John out because of the flexibility Seol gives him in playing either wing or up front but that still leaves Murphy and Cook. It will be interesting to see what Sanchez decides.

If things go as planned it will be even more interesting in December when McBride, Bullard, and Christanval come back from injury.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: Who's in the 16?

Given that Dempsey, Kamara and Bouazza all give you the same kind of flexibility, I'm not sure you'd need to introduce Seol to the lineup to have that factor. Not saying he might not still play in place of Bouazza, but I don't suppose that's the deciding factor.

I'll post more thoughts tomorrow when I'm awake.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Note I changed the thread subject title a little to relate the thread to ongoing speculation on the selection lists.

What I see in BarryP's list is that, as of now, LS did what he set out to do - create depth.

Unfortunately this doesnt apply to the defensive lineup but there were, apparently, issues that came up.. particularly with Knight, that contributed.

I'm sure that all the midfielders expect to be used often, if not starting, the point of interest will be how he can keep the mids happy with being at Fulham.

4. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

If I were running things it would be

OUT: Omozusi, John, Bouazza
    IN: Seol, Hughes, Murphy

5. BarryP

BarryP New Member

This is exactly what I was thinking when I looked at the list.

6. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I think Seol and Bouzza can be interchangable until one makes enough foul ups to warrant being benched. But this is a good number of players who can make us a good cup team this year. Depth in positions is key to trying to make any sort of cup run.

7. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

what are we going to do w/ Baird?

8. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Send him over to the creators of "The Bionic Man" and see what they can do with him.

:banana:

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i like it...i like it!!!

10. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Baird seems like a good player, we just need to find out where he'd be best fit. Wouldn't mind trying him as a defensive midfielder at some point, maybe in a cup match to give Smertin a rest.

Also, watching Bouazza play, I've been impressed by his ability/willingness to help out defensively. He's actually the only midfielder with a positive +/- right now, which seems to confirm this. Might be a few weeks before Cook is match fit, so we'll see if he can keep it up.

11. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

It's so much nicer when the problem is trying to come up w/the 16 when at times last season our problem is we didn't have help deeper on the squad. I'm really looking forward to seeing Cook compete w/Bouazza for that left-wing spot.

12. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Seol and Bouzza are very different types of players. While both wingers, Seol is more of the classic crossing winger while Bouzza, from what I have seen, is more of a slashing winger.

13. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

what about Elliott and Elrich? How come no one's mentioning them? :)

14. BarryP

BarryP New Member

ummmmm .... just in case you are behind in the news Elrich was released and is heading back to Australia.

15. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

thank the heavens!!!! now maybe we won't run out of neosporin and bandaids after the first month...oh wait...Elliott is still on the team. :roll: